What's new

Pakistan Turkey Defence Production Updates

Turkish Armed Forces Command (TSK) took delivery of a new electronic warfare vehicle, Sancak, that was developed with local resources. The system’s capabilities include high maneuverability, high output power in broadband, jamming in different types and modes, electronic support with broadband receiver, automatic link building and demodulation. Aselsan offers numerous Electronic Support (ES) and Electronic Attack (EA) system solutions consisting of a wide range of advanced technologies.

The company systems’ areas of usage include Electronic Intelligence, Communications Intelligence, Radar Electronic Support, Communications Electronic Support, Radar Electronic Attack, Communications Electronic Attack and Countering Improvised Explosive Devices.

1626378650621.png

Pakistan need this

1626733383173.png

The Kenyan army has obtained 110 armored vehicles from Turkey for seventy million dollars . These vehicles provide protection to soldiers from all kinds of weapons and can save their lives in adverse circumstances - they also have an automatic weapon installed .

Pakistan Azerbaijan and Turkey sign Baku Declaration for improved peace connectivity .

1627491868195.png

The speakers of parliament of Pakistan, Azerbaijan and Turkey on Tuesday signed the Baku Declaration at the first-ever trilateral meeting held at Milli Majlis of Azerbaijan.

Ukrainian official reveals number of Ada-class corvettes on order from Turkey

The Frontier Post
Burak Ege Bekdil

ANKARA: A December 2020 deal between Turkey and Ukraine for the sale of an unknown batch of Turkish-built corvettes has turned out to involve two vessels.

Ukraine’s consul general in Istanbul, Alexander Haman, said on a Turkish television show that the deal covered two Ada-class corvettes to be co-produced by Turkey’s state-controlled defense technologies company STM and a Ukrainian shipyard.

Under the deal, the first vessel will be delivered to Ukraine by the end of 2023 unfinished, to then be completed in Ukraine.

The Ukrainian Navy plans to deploy the corvettes in both the Black Sea and the Sea of Azov.

A Turkish procurement source said the contract’s value is about €200 million (U.S. $236 million), though that could change depending on workshare agreements and ship configurations.

The Ada-class corvette can perform location, classification, identification and destruction of air, surface and underwater targets as well as provide naval gunfire support. It can also perform maritime surveillance, patrol missions, and coastal and infrastructure protection.

The 99.44-meter vessel has a maximum speed of 29 knots. It can carry two S70 Seahawk helicopters. Its sensors and weapons include 3D radar. It will also be equipped with electro-optical sensors, an electronic support system, a laser warning system, a torpedo detection/countermeasure capability, hull-mounted sonar, and two 12.7mm guns with an electro-optical capability.

A steel-cutting ceremony was held in January for the fourth Ada-class corvette tailored for Pakistan’s Navy. In July 2018, the service signed a contract for the acquisition of four Ada-class ships. Under the deal, two corvettes were to be built in Turkey and the other two in Pakistan.

Courtesy: defensenews

Till when will we keep celebrating other's historical achievements or progress in defense production? I find it hard to believe that a country that developed weapons of mass destruction and many delivery systems could not produce quality APCs for COIN ops. What is missing is the will to indigenize platforms and solutions. Even when we get ToT clauses added to our defense deals, we do not innovate to develop the transferred technology further. Instead of doing the hard work ourselves, this attitude of buying goodies is unsustainable, especially with such a poor economy that shows little promise for sustainable growth in the medium term.

1628123084287.png

1628123194126.png

Update on Pakistan Navy: MILGEM Class Corvette
🇹🇷
⚓
🇵🇰

New photos of Warship No.1 of the Pakistan Navy’s under construction MILGEM-Class Guided Missile & Air Defence Corvettes. 4 heavy corvettes are being built, two in Karachi and two in Istanbul, in a $1.5 Billion deal with Turkey. The Pakistan Navy’s MILGEM class are 3000-tonne multirole Guided Missile Corvettes, configured for Anti-Air, Anti-Surface and Anti-Submarine Warfare. The warships will feature 16 MDAS VLS cells, armed with Albatros NG (CAMM-ER) SAMs with a range of over 60 kilometres.

The primary Anti Ship weapon will be two tri-cell launchers for the Pakistani Harbah Land Attack/Anti-Ship cruise missile with a range of 700 kilometres, a main 76 mm Super Rapid naval gun and two tri-cell torpedo launchers and 2 x 25 mm Aselsan STOP machine guns. The ship will also feature a Close In Weapons System (CIWS: Aselsan Gokdeniz) for terminal and point air defense as well as a helicopter deck and hangar.

August 11, 2021

general retired hulusi akar is in the meeting with chief of army staff general qamar javed bajwa photo ispr

General (retired) Hulusi Akar is in the meeting with Chief of Army Staff General Qamar Javed Bajwa. PHOTO: ISPR

Turkish Defence Minister General (retired) Hulusi Akar called on Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa on Tuesday and discussed matters of mutual interest, the military said.

During the meeting, matters of mutual interest including defence and security cooperation between the two countries and overall regional security situation especially the Afghan peace process were discussed, a statement issued by the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said.

“Both reiterated the desire to further enhance bilateral relations including efforts for peace and stability in the region,” it added.

View attachment 767468

View attachment 767469

Update on Pakistan Navy: MILGEM Class Corvette
🇹🇷
⚓
🇵🇰

New photos of Warship No.1 of the Pakistan Navy’s under construction MILGEM-Class Guided Missile & Air Defence Corvettes. 4 heavy corvettes are being built, two in Karachi and two in Istanbul, in a $1.5 Billion deal with Turkey. The Pakistan Navy’s MILGEM class are 3000-tonne multirole Guided Missile Corvettes, configured for Anti-Air, Anti-Surface and Anti-Submarine Warfare. The warships will feature 16 MDAS VLS cells, armed with Albatros NG (CAMM-ER) SAMs with a range of over 60 kilometres.

The primary Anti Ship weapon will be two tri-cell launchers for the Pakistani Harbah Land Attack/Anti-Ship cruise missile with a range of 700 kilometres, a main 76 mm Super Rapid naval gun and two tri-cell torpedo launchers and 2 x 25 mm Aselsan STOP machine guns. The ship will also feature a Close In Weapons System (CIWS: Aselsan Gokdeniz) for terminal and point air defense as well as a helicopter deck and hangar.

Hello all,
My name is Özgür Ekşi. I'm a former defence reporter of Hurriyet Daily. I later founded C4Defence online defence magazine and I was editor in chief. I founded TurDef to provide news about mostly Turkish Defence and Aviation. I'm very happy to be here and I want to apology from all of you from the beginning as I am not very familiar with forums. They might be baby steps for you but not for me.
I want to share the latest information about Milgem PN which you start seen photos more often these days. It will meet sea soon. For more details https://www.turdef.com/Article/pakistan-navy-counts-down-to-launch-babur-into-the-sea/557
We are all excited.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom