What's new

Pakistan to lift ban on Youtube

I wasn't talking about giving reasons why the applicant's visa has been denied to the applicant himself. But actually when the authority of the applicant's country demand an explanation why on earth did we deny visas to a flood of applicants.

So? Give them the explanation. You have one right?

Relax, don't lose your temper. I don't expect you to be interested in my explanation whatsoever, neither do I appreciate associating myself with the BS term. Maybe the BS thing is yours or it could be associate with your community or culture but surely it isn't ours.

Saudi- Bangladesh consulate campaign helps bring down crime rate | MENAFN.com

Bangladesh consulate campaign curbs crime rate | National | natunbarta.com | Top Online Newspaper in Bangladesh

Bangladesh consulate campaign helps bring down crime rate | Arab News — Saudi Arabia News, Middle East News, Opinion, Economy and more.

And now, with the dusts being settled, I think this conversation is over.

Good day, and good riddance.

:wave:

You didn't settle anything.Those links don't prove your point about BD govt sending offenders to KSA on purpose.

Another Islamophobe for the day :lol: the Awami League never ceased to run with their tails onward to us :lol:

RadicalIslamophobe would be a more appropriate term.

Awami League has good relations with Saudi Arabia but Saudis generally don't treat Bangladeshis well and they use BD women as sex slaves to rich Arab Sheikhs. Recently in TV report a Saudi returned woman described her horrible condition as sex slave to a Saudi Sheikh.

At the same time AL is keeping radicals under control, also they are far more tolerant to minorities than BNP or Jamat or Hefajot.

At the same time AL is keeping radicals under control, also they are far more tolerant to minorities than BNP or Jamat or Hefajot.

You don't know how they treat Bengali girls in Saudi Arabia. The girl described her condition as if she was sent to hellfire. Every day the Saudi sheikh raped her and she is now very weak due to her condition. She was hospitalized when she came to BD. The social activists urged to take huge action like Indonesia did last year when their women were also treated as sex slaves over there but BD govt. can't take strong action. You can understand why.

Btw, Hefajot is a faud team of Jamaat Shibir militants. Its not mainstream party.

Sure. By saying so, I assume we all are radicals :lol:

I don't think people should fear radical though ...

You don't know how they treat Bengali girls in Saudi Arabia. The girl described her condition as if she was sent to hellfire. Every day the Saudi sheikh raped her and she is now very weak due to her condition. She was hospitalized when she came to BD. The social activists urged to take huge action like Indonesia did last year when their women were also treated as sex slaves over there but BD govt. can't take strong action. You can understand why.

Btw, Hefajot is a faud team of Jamaat Shibir militants. Its not mainstream party.

Indonesia's issue is different. They don't send savages.

If we were as awful as you claim, don't beg us to lift the ban:
KSA to lift Bangladesh hiring ban -
bdnews24.com

Sure. By saying so, I assume we all are radicals :lol:

I don't think people should fear radical though ...

I don't know every Saudi Arabian individual or their thoughts individually, but I do think that Saudi Arabia is spending money in different parts of the world including India, Bangladesh, and Pakistan to promote a particular version of Islam that is radical in nature. And not only Indians, but many Bangladeshis and Pakistanis are saying so, even in this forum.

Personally I have no issues with you from what I understood about you by your posts, neither I consider you a radical.

I don't know every Saudi Arabian individual or their thoughts individually, but I do think that Saudi Arabia is spending money in different parts of the world including India, Bangladesh, and Pakistan to promote a particular version of Islam that is radical in nature. And not only Indians, but many Bangladeshis and Pakistanis are saying so, even in this forum.

Personally I have no issues with you from what I understood about you by your posts, neither I consider you a radical.

If it is all left for those are saying this, and those are saying that, then we too can badmouth India all day long in one way or another. At the end of the day what prevails is KSA's official stance.

If we, as you're suggesting, are posing a threat to an X or Y state, this state has to make an official move against us.

Wahabism is itself a radical version of Islam which has absolutely no place in India and Bangladesh. I can't say about Pakistan. When those victims described their condition in Saudi sheikhs houses it was very emotional. The girls showed the marks in their hands and body. Their private parts were also deeply damaged due to rape. Its very unfortunate that Makkah and Madina are in control by these radical Saudis. Very unfortunate but again here in PDF if you say truth you are either troll or professional troll.

Actually, No one abused the Bengals more than their own Gov't:

See how savage the Awamists are?

Speaking of rapes, I think that is the very least thing radical fanatics would be interested into.

Wahabism is itself a radical version of Islam which has absolutely no place in India and Bangladesh. I can't say about Pakistan. When those victims described their condition in Saudi sheikhs houses it was very emotional. The girls showed the marks in their hands and body. Their private parts were also deeply damaged due to rape. Its very unfortunate that Makkah and Madina are in control by these radical Saudis. Very unfortunate but again here in PDF if you say truth you are either troll or professional troll.

Pakistani artists say their country's YouTube ban is about politics, not religion

Reporter Fahad Desmukh
February 28, 2014 · 4:45 PM EST
KholoBCscreenshot4.png

Credit: Courtesy InCahoot Films
Ali Gul Pir, Talal Qureshi and Adil Omar in a screenshot from from #KholoBC video.

Pakistani musicians and activists have joined forces to renew the push against a ban on YouTube in Pakistan in place since September 2012. Rapper Adil Omar, comedian Ali Gul Pir and music producer Talal Qureshi this week released an edgy new song and video calling on the Pakistani government to end online censorship.

And they posted it to YouTube.

The title of the song, “Kholo Ban Chor” means “Open the ban, thief” in Urdu, but also sounds very similar to a fairly offensive curse. The video shows a stereotypically sleazy politician signing off on what is presumably an order to ban YouTube, followed by scenes of policemen chasing down a man dressed in a box with the YouTube logo on it. YouTube has been banned in the country since September 2012, in reaction to violent protests against the anti-Islam video “Innocence of Muslims.”

Ali Gul Pir first gained national fame in Pakistan after a satirical music video he released on YouTube went viral in June 2012. Adil Omar also relied on YouTube to promote his music. For both artists, the issue of online censorship is personal. In his verse, Omar sings:

We storm the PTA office, bring reporters and cameras
Rocking V for Vendetta masks like anonymous hackers
Was going viral on the web, I was stomping some rappers
But now I have to Hide My *** with a proxy and password

In his verse in Urdu, Gul Pir mentions an incident in which the bodyguards of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif's niece were caught on video beating up a bakery employee in Lahore. Gul Pir believes such incidents are the real reason why the ban has persisted for so long. “It harms their image and exposes them,” he said. “The YouTube ban is political, it's not religious.”

The hook of the song in Urdu is “Give us our rights, We will break down your proxy walls” — a reference to how people in Pakistan need to use proxy services to access censored sites like YouTube.

This video and song is part of an ongoing campaign against state censorship called #KholoBC, initiated by activist collective Pakistan For All.

They previously released an online game in which players had to knock out bricks bearing the faces of the politicians responsible for the YouTube ban. They have also released a video called Hugs For YouTube in which the man in the Youtube costume is shown hugging people on the street.

“We wanted an anti-establishment attitude and we wanted to have some fun with it,” said Sabeen Mahmud, of Pakistan For All. "We wanted our brand of activism to get young people involved, and should incorporate design and video and multimedia. And we should enjoy doing it ourselves, because how many Press Club candlelight vigils can you do?”

The public reaction to the ban has been relatively mild, but it is growing. In addition to the #KholoBC campaign, human rights groups have also challenged the ban in court, arguing it impedes local business and education.

However, the ban still has many supporters in the country.

“Evil forces are destroying and defaming and damaging the image of Islam and the Prophet Mohammed, and YouTube is becoming the instrument for that”, said Nehal Hashmi, president of the ruling Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz's Karachi chapter. “Defaming and damaging the messengers of the Almighty is not freedom of expression, rather it is freedom of evil.”

Comedian Gul Pir disagreed, and insisted that if young people aren't allowed to express and educate themselves with modern tools like YouTube, it will only push them further toward extremism.

“You can't burn down a library just because you don't like two books in it,” Gul Pir said.

The Lahore High Court has summoned the country's Information Technology minister next month to explain the ban, and is expected make a ruling on the case soon after. This week, a US federal court ordered YouTube to remove the anti-Islam film “Innocence of Muslims” because one of the actresses in the film said she was duped into appearing and didn't consent to her image being used in the film.

At least 20 people were reported killed and buildings were set alight in protests against the "Innocence of Muslims" video in Pakistan in September 2012.

Pakistani artists say their country's YouTube ban is about politics, not religion | Public Radio International

Awami League has good relations with Saudi Arabia but Saudis generally don't treat Bangladeshis well and they use BD women as sex slaves to rich Arab Sheikhs. Recently in TV report a Saudi returned woman described her horrible condition as sex slave to a Saudi Sheikh.
dude Bengali woman ? are you for real or what, the Saudis have fair , tall, voluptuous beauties be it Egyptian. Moroccans, Lebanese, Turkish, Iraqis ,Central Asians, East Europeans all waiting @ their door step to offer them the best of services , are the Saudis mad that they will go for your malnourished Bengali woman ?

Last edited:
dude Bengali woman ? are you for real or what, the Saudis have fair , tall, voluptuous beauties be it Egyptian. Moroccans, Lebanese, Turkish, Iraqis ,Central Asians, East Europeans all waiting @ their door step to offer them the best of services , are the Saudis mad that they will go for your malnourished Bengali woman ?

No, they are not waiting at door steps to offer sex to Saudis. Its South Asian poor girls who are used for sex slavery.

Saudi Arabia is a destination for men and women from South East Asia and East Africa trafficked for the purpose of labor exploitation, and for children from Yemen, Afghanistan, and Africa trafficking for forced begging. Hundreds of thousands of low-skilled workers from India, Indonesia, the Philippines, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Eritrea and Kenya migrate voluntarily to Saudi Arabia; some fall into conditions of involuntary servitude, suffering from physical and sexual abuse, non-payment or delayed payment of wages, the withholding of travel documents, restrictions on their freedom of movement and non-consensual contract alterations. According to international organisations such as Ansar Burney Trust, young children from Bangladesh and India are also smuggled to Saudi Arabia to be used as jockeys. The children are underfed to reduce their weights, in order to lighten the load on the camel.

Human trafficking in Saudi Arabia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Back
Top Bottom