What's new

Pakistan to deport Afghan refugees

Well if they want to come to Pakistan for educational purposes or for jobs thats fine. But there are a lot of afghans out there who have lived in Pakistan and then move to like Europe/US/ Canada and then abuse Pakistan and curse it. I mean we have so many of our own problems and these afghan refugees just add on more problems.

I have also met many Afghans and had good discussions with them. Most of them have good and some bad things to say about Pakistan. Pakistan has not been an angel in Afghan conflict so they have have some legitimate concerns.

. Pakistan has not been an angel in Afghan conflict so they have have some legitimate concerns.

Like give me an example, you can't say we have not helped Afghanistan, we took in these refugees with the goodness of our hearts, furthermore we were at least involved in trying to stablize Afghanistan after the Soviets left, where were the Americans.......no where, because they don't give a ****.

The only reason why America is interested in Afghanistan is for it's own gain.

I have also met many Afghans and had good discussions with them. Most of them have good and some bad things to say about Pakistan. Pakistan has not been an angel in Afghan conflict so they have have some legitimate concerns.

r u kidding, first of all, we gave them place in our hearts, we gave them free will to go and settle anywhere in pakistan, and karachi has been their heaven, and what have they given to us????

i remember an iranian said afghans werent allowed to go out of their refugee camps in iran, were not allowe to mingle with common iranians inspite of the fact that these afghans spoke persian..

its a good saying, dont act too brotherly with strangers, next time theyll bite you, or those who deal in a brotherly manner r losers, those who always keep their self interest remain victorious..

Still 4 -6 million afghan refugees livin in Pakistan.

Thanks for bringin cheap AKs,drugs n prostitution.

I agree with you, the Afghan's who are in the UK, always badmouth about Pakistan, they are an ungrateful lot., even though we have tried to help them. But then again most of these Afghans who complain are Tajik or Uzbek.

Still 4 -6 million afghan refugees livin in Pakistan.

Thanks for bringin cheap AKs,drugs n prostitution.

I'd ask when you and your family become a refugee like them one day yourself. When you have no food, no shelter, no job and no interaction with the community. It will make your sister, wife, mother to go the same line.

Don't ridicule the problems of innocent and war stricken poor Afghanis, look at them as human beings, don't be an animal. Set an example as a good Muslim - Help the needy in need. This is the way to go and prosper.

I'd ask when you and your family become a refugee like them one day yourself. When you have no food, no shelter, no job and no interaction with the community. It will make your sister, wife, mother to go the same line.

Don't ridicule the problems of innocent and war stricken poor Afghanis, look at them as human beings, don't be an animal. Set an example as a good Muslim - Help the needy in need. This is the way to go and prosper.

Dont bring ur pathetic rant and try to cover up reality.

Im i lying?

Where did all these things come into our society from?

Even now the report says tht afghans hate akistan doesnt it?
If u were a refugee and living in Pakistan and availin all facilities available to a common Pakistani and still u hate Pakistan... then u should be shot.

About me being a refugee son.. dont think everybdy is like you.

When u dont have anything u go and find jobs,work as day labourers,lay bricks,make walls and make money for a livin not chose the easy n disgusting way of prostitution...

Maybe u will indulge in prostitution not RESPECTED PEOPLE HAVING SOME GHAIRAT.

I agree with you, the Afghan's who are in the UK, always badmouth about Pakistan, they are an ungrateful lot., even though we have tried to help them. But then again most of these Afghans who complain are Tajik or Uzbek.

Ask them when they migrated to UK before sept. 11 or after!

So? They invaded us in the 50's, refused recoginze us in the UN, fuel separatist movements in balochistan and khyber-p. They're hypocrites, they have done bad things to us but they can only think about how we have "damaged" them. People in Pakistan are sick of them, its time they go back to their own county instead of eating in Pakistan and them badmouthing it

Afghan Pashtuns are pretty bad too, they think that Balochistan and Khyber-P/Balochistan are a part of afghanistan:rofl: and hate on Punjabis and Pakistanis in general

Please don't call me Sir, Musafar should be sufficient. I notice it a lot in Indian/Pakistani talkshows where pigeon English is spoken and find it awkward. It's as though it's been amalgamated into the language and seems to have colonialist connotations.

i dont need to read that news from 2008 again because at that time in 2008 Bajaur was in a mess and there was massive operation going on and these 50,000 refugees were asked to leave Bajaur amid a major military offensive against al-Qaeda and Taliban.

Couldn't care less if it happened in 1908. You tried to unjustfiably shoot down my comments about this "repatriation" and now you're back-peddling and waffling.

*FACT - it was a forced eviction.

*FACT - no grants were given by the GoP.

The compensation and financial aid is sill provided to those who are repatriating

...by UNHCR. Pakistan provides the logistics hence the inherent corruption. If you know Pashto then please watch and see how efficient this process is from a more recent case.

Lastly, appologies for my frankness, but I am Pashtun so when I'm challenged i like to reply in a opposite and equal manner. A bit like Newton's third law and all that...

Last edited by a moderator:
As he prepared to return to his homeland after 15 years as a refugee, Hazratullah, a native of Afghanistan's Nangarhar Province, was more anxious than happy. "I don't have a house there and I don't know if I will find any work," he told EurasiaNet about his fears. His concerns reflected the fact that he was a reluctant returnee amid a push by Pakistani officials and international non-governmental organization representatives to promote repatriation.

Hazratullah, who like many Afghans uses only one name, was among the first refugees in northwestern Pakistan's Peshawar city to take up a fresh repatriation assistance offer by the UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR). For him, the decision to return was shaped more by circumstances beyond his control than by individual initiative. "I can't go around the city because the police will arrest me. I can't find any work so I had no choice but to leave," he said, standing next to his wife and eight children. Their possessions were loaded on a small maroon truck.

Hazratullah earned up to $2 a day whenever he found work as a day laborer mostly in construction. He sees little hope of finding work in his native Deh Bala district of Nangarhar, where the pace of reconstruction is lagging. The years of strain make Hazratullah look far older than his 35 years.

He and his family members are among those who missed an opportunity to obtain Pakistani-government-issued Proof of Registration (PoR) cards, which grants Afghans living in Pakistan three more years of temporary stay. While some 2.1 million Afghan received the cards, it is estimated that over 200,000 missed the opportunity, and they have until mid-April to take advantage of UNHCR's repatriation assistance. The UN agency is providing cash grants to returnees of up to US$ 100 per person.

According to UNHCR figures, 2.8 million Afghans have repatriated with the agency's help since 2002. An additional 300,000 are estimated to have returned without any aid. Still, an array of issues keeps some Afghans from going back home. This year, the repatriation pace started off slowly, but it appears that it is picking up as the weather grows warmer. So far, 18,000 Afghans have returned, according to the official figures compiled as of March 23.

By the end of this summer, the Pakistan government plans to close four refugee camps near the Afghan border, housing a total of 250,000 Afghans. Most of the roughly seven dozen refugee camps in Pakistan are, in effect, overcrowded villages, featuring mud houses and dirt streets. After years in the camps, most residents appear to be well settled. In addition, a large number of Afghans, perhaps a majority of refugees, have found living quarters outside of the camps. Regardless of where they live, most have adapted to their current living conditions, and are thus reluctant to leave.

"A lot of refugees have undergone lifestyle changes. They are used to urban life, electricity and they cannot find that in their places of origin," said Habibullah, a Peshawar-based human rights activist who had studied refugee issues closely. "Pakistan offers more economic stability, and they do not have to pay any taxes."

It's not unusual now for Afghan extended families to have members living both in Afghanistan and in Pakistan – an arrangement that helps everyone cope with the ongoing economic and political uncertainty.

Bookseller and printer Asadullah Danish is one such Afghan. While his bothers and parents live in Afghanistan, he has lived in a rented house in Peshawar for a quarter century. His tiny office in the dark allies of Peshawar's historic Qisa Khwani Bazar is a major supplier of literary books to Afghans everywhere.

While his children go to local schools, Danish's business attracts considerable local clientele from among the local ethnic Pashtuns who buy his Pashto-language publications. "People can kill you [inside Afghanistan] and nobody asks any questions," he said of his primary reason for not retuning to his native Laghman province in eastern Afghanistan, the scene of sporadic violence between rival warlords. "People [staying back] have businesses and they want to stay back for education [of their children]."

The timing for a major repatriation push is not fortuitous, some refugee advocates contend. "For the repatriation to be sustainable; there needs to be a pull factor," Mariam Khan, a field coordinator looking after Afghan refugees with the New York-based International Rescue Committee, told EurasiaNet. "There is a range of problems - finding jobs, running water, electricity, healthcare, and land disputes."

If anything, the push factor in Afghanistan seems to be gaining strength. With over 4,000 combatant and civilian deaths, 2006 was the most violent year in Afghanistan since 2001.

Officials from Afghanistan, United States and some of its NATO allies tend to attribute the rising violence to the presence of Taliban sanctuaries in the Pakistan's western borderlands. [For background see the Eurasia Insight archive]. Pakistan, meanwhile, blames the large numbers of Afghan refugees for stoking violence and insecurity. "The problem of cross-border militancy is closely related to the presence of over 3 million Afghan refugees.

Afghan Refugees Reluctant to Leave Pakistan | EurasiaNet.org

Dont bring ur pathetic rant and try to cover up reality.

Im i lying?

Where did all these things come into our society from?

Even now the report says tht afghans hate akistan doesnt it?
If u were a refugee and living in Pakistan and availin all facilities available to a common Pakistani and still u hate Pakistan... then u should be shot.

When u dont have anything u go and find jobs,work as day labourers,lay bricks,make walls and make money for a livin not chose the easy n disgusting way of prostitution...

Maybe u will indulge in prostitution not RESPECTED PEOPLE HAVING SOME GHAIRAT.

But you are thanking them for bringing all these into your society. Aren't you? Shows your level of hypocrisy.

I do apologise if I have offended you in any way but to grasp the obligation, put yourself in an Afghani shoe first and then think - think why prostitution takes place, that what if all men of your family dies (May Allah swt forbid) and you only left with children and adult-females only?

...and I don't buy that BS about Ghairat. Afghanis are well known Champions for their Ghairat but once poverty and hunger knocks at your door then Ghairat and Anaa escapes at the back door.

Some food for your thoughts... and let's see if your tiny bit mind can interpret the quoted texts below.

"Whoever saved a life,it would be as if he saved the life of all humanity."[/QUOTE]
Qur'an Maida 5:32

"Poverty actually kills more Afghans than those who die as a direct result of the armed conflict," Norah Niland,
the U.N. News reported on its Web site

It appears that the nightmare called "life in Afghanistan" which has now gone on for 23 years is entering a new dimension. Up to 8 million people face severe food shortages or starvation. The reality is that the end of this "nightmare" is no where in sight. Afghans are starved, exhausted, hurt, incapacitated, suffering. A few years ago, the United Nations estimated that there are 500,000 disabled orphans in Afghanistan, a country with no economy, no food. There are millions of widows. Journalists witness scenes of utter tragedy, virtually every wall, every building, every landmark had been hit by shells in the big cities.One would be shocked and in disbelief over the magnitude of the devastation. One in every ten land mines in the world is littered in Afghanistan, claiming an average of 25 victims a day.

Afghanistan is a source, transit, and destination country for men, women, and children trafficked for the purposes of commercial sexual exploitation and involuntary servitude.
US State Department Trafficking Report, June 12, 2007

While prostitution existed both before and during the Taliban, Afghan women's rights groups believe the number of sex workers in the country is increasing at a greater rate than before because the country has reached an unprecedented level of economic hardship and lawlessness.
South China Morning Post, April 9, 2006

A police official in the northern province of Jowzjan, speaking on condition of anonymity, said that according to official figures, 2,000 families in his province alone had resorted to prostitution over the past 10 years. The true figure is likely much higher.
IWPR, Jan.16, 2008

"For those who give in charity, men and women, and loan to God a beautiful loan, it shall be increased manifold (to their credit) and they shall have (besides) a liberal reward."
Qur'an Hadid 57:18

You don't know about your tomorrow, do you? Treat well to be treated well kid.

“Arrogance diminishes wisdom”. An Arabic proverb

It was narrated from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No one who has an atom’s-weight of arrogance in his heart will enter Paradise.” A man said, “O Messenger of Allaah, what if a man likes his clothes and his shoes to look good?” He said, “Allaah is Beautiful and loves beauty. Arrogance means rejecting the truth and looking down on people.”

AstanoshKhan All of that is fine but if Pakistan was (god forbid) destroyed by natural disaster tomorrow and i was given refugee in Iran or India or any other country.I would be very thankful to the host country instead of abusing the hospitality of people.

But you are thanking them for bringing all these into your society. Aren't you? Shows your level of hypocrisy.

Do u know about something called SARCASIM?

I do apologise if I have offended you in any way but to grasp the obligation, put yourself in an Afghani shoe first and then think - think why prostitution takes place, that what if all men of your family dies (May Allah swt forbid) and you only left with children and adult-females only?

Why dont u put urself in an afghanis shoes???instead of gettin personel???

Some food for your thoughts... and let's see if your tiny bit mind can interpret the quoted texts below.

"Whoever saved a life,it would be as if he saved the life of all humanity."
Qur'an Maida 5:32[/QUOTE]

Ur lil brain cant comprehend wat i was talkin about?instead of rantin do educate urself who bring AKs,drugs n prostitution in MINE N YOUR COUNTRY ... and today who hates YOUR COUNTRY AND YOUR PEOPLE.:tdown:

the U.N. News reported on its Web site

US State Department Trafficking Report, June 12, 2007

South China Morning Post, April 9, 2006

IWPR, Jan.16, 2008

I hope u know the wheat,sugar,cement,meat n fresh vegetables available in afgstan is SMUGGLED by afghanis from PAKISTAN instead of paying the taxes n going legal resultin in problems for PAKISTANI PEOPLE.

Qur'an Hadid 57:18

You don't know about your tomorrow, do you? Treat well to be treated well kid.

Ive never treated any afghani with disrespect ... maybe pick pocket in Peshawar was disrespected by me.......... old UNCLE.

Treat others well and get treated well SAME GOES for u.

“Arrogance diminishes wisdom”. An Arabic proverb

It was narrated from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No one who has an atom’s-weight of arrogance in his heart will enter Paradise.” A man said, “O Messenger of Allaah, what if a man likes his clothes and his shoes to look good?” He said, “Allaah is Beautiful and loves beauty. Arrogance means rejecting the truth and looking down on people.”

Where did i show arrogance?? looks like ur lil mind is playin tricks on you.
A refugee who has been given refugee and oppurtunity of buisness n study by Host STATE should be RESPECTFUL AND THANKFUL TO THT STATE INSTEAD OF BEING TRAITORS,abusin it and even working against it.
PAKISTAN FIRST AND LAST

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom