What's new

Pakistan to deploy more troops on Iran border

We need a better strategy. With an enemy the size of India and a hostile nation like Afghanistan on the next side we will be in a lot of trouble if we do not make peace with Iran and China. No country can stand multiple enemies on all sides. Germany during WWI +WWII could have been the most powerful nation, more powerful than US but beset on all sides by the allies it crumbled. God forbid that happens to Pakistan but we need diplomacy too. Shotgun diplomacy.

we have drones but i dnt get where are we using them?

We need MALE and HALE UAVs which keep eye on borders and large area for long durations and to support them at least MALE UCAVs should be deployed.

Place the troops where they are needed, AKA along the Afghan or Indian border,

Is this "deployment" of troops actually to improve Iran's security OR is it a move to prevent retaliation/infiltration from Iran for Pakistan joining IMA? Just wondering.

Pak is not an oil rich country and CPEC project is just in infancy so we cannot afford all gadgetry expenses on our border so on Iran side Iran should provide monetary and technical help top Pak. meanwhile on Afghan side it should be responsibility of NATO.

On the other side instead of closing eyes Iran should take steps for betterment of Sunni population in Irani Baluchistan/Sistan province.

The denial of facts shall bring no betterment in future.
Iran should help Pakistan because Iran is oil rich? how about Pakistan stop spending so much money preparing for India? or provide less support for terorrists, sorry proxies in Afghanistan. Iran is doing more for Iranian sunnis in Sistan va Baluchistan province too.But what is Pakistan doing for HER citizens across the border in Baluchistan??At the end of the day, terrorism is no justification for mistreatment.

Whatever technology you have , Iran has better , its going to be a target practice.

It's to help Iran... silly.. lol..... patrol the border together to take out the terrorists.

Besides Iran doesn't have better tech.. Lol... they are dying around in 1960s f-14s kept together with glue..

we have drones but i dnt get where are we using them?
While cheaper than jets to use, they're still expensive to operate. Pakistan tends to use drones in major operations, and in areas that it cannot physically patrol. At least from what I've been told.

I have a question for the military experts here please.

In today's world, is it expensive or difficult to raise an army?

I'm talking about a simple army of foot soldiers only. No high tech expensive imported hardware.

Especially for countries with huge population of young men looking for steady employment.

Get men. Put them into uniforms. Give them guns. Teach them to aim and fire.

How difficult or expensive can that be?

The reason I'm asking is there always seems to be discussions (especially wrt Pakistan) about being stretched too thin and having to redeploy forces from one border from another as tensions ratchet up with a hostile neighbor.

And with three hostile neighbors, it becomes even more relevant.

@Icarus ?

@third eye ?

Is this "deployment" of troops actually to improve Iran's security OR is it a move to prevent retaliation/infiltration from Iran for Pakistan joining IMA? Just wondering.

Iran should help Pakistan because Iran is oil rich? how about Pakistan stop spending so much money preparing for India? or provide less support for terorrists, sorry proxies in Afghanistan. Iran is doing more for Iranian sunnis in Sistan va Baluchistan province too.But what is Pakistan doing for HER citizens across the border in Baluchistan??At the end of the day, terrorism is no justification for mistreatment.

Terrorism is no justification for mistreatment but still it is the root cause of all problems in the world. Why Muslim youth born in USA, UK and France targeting their own countries same is case with Iran. Moreover Pak cannot stop Iran's native terrorists it is the duty of Iran itself to secure own areas instead of spreading unrest and sectarian violence in other areas like Lebanon, Syria, Iraq and now in Yemen.

I have a question for the military experts here please.

In today's world, is it expensive or difficult to raise an army?

I'm talking about a simple army of foot soldiers only. No high tech expensive imported hardware.

Especially for countries with huge population of young men looking for steady employment.

Get men. Put them into uniforms. Give them guns. Teach them to aim and fire.

How difficult or expensive can that be?

The reason I'm asking is there always seems to be discussions (especially wrt Pakistan) about being stretched too thin and having to redeploy forces from one border from another as tensions ratchet up with a hostile neighbor.

And with three hostile neighbors, it becomes even more relevant.

@Icarus ?

@third eye ?

Men with guns and uniforms, does not an Army make. What you are referring to is a militia more than a military.

Men with guns and uniforms, does not an Army make. What you are referring to is a militia more than a military.

Please explain the difference?

Does an army soldier fight better than say an Afghan or Vietcong fighter?

As a soldier please do not be offended. It's an honest question.

I understand technology etc. But surely to man borders, you can have men with rudimentary training and guns?

Please explain the difference?

Does an army soldier fight better than say an Afghan or Vietcong fighter?

As a soldier please do not be offended. It's an honest question.

I understand technology etc. But surely to man borders, you can have men with rudimentary training and guns?

It depends.soldiers are well trained as compared to fighters.soldiers fight in formations.they know how to use weapon properly.snipers are even hard to spot.fighters can't be like soldiers. Yes Pakistan sends it's army personnel when something happens in any border.for example, we were caught unaware on chaman border but there were huge reinforcement shortly after the incident.

Back
Top Bottom