What's new

Pakistan to change in next five weeks, claims Imran Khan

Only in Musharraf's case it was seriously implemented due to the RO having his own prejudices.

Musharraf's case was also shugal, how can it be that he is disqualified from one seat but eligible from the other?

Are the laws different in Karachi and Chitral?

Musharraf's case was also shugal, how can it be that he is disqualified from one seat but eligible from the other?

Are the laws different in Karachi and Chitral?

Well it was unfair... He is the only one to have failed due to 62, 63 - jese ke baaki kitneeeeeee baray momin hain. But the point is, its a very stupid law, and someone like him who does not lies about his drinking will fail it as per law.

Treating constitutional provision as shugal, using them for ragra, not be seriously implemented, except in selected cases such as Musharraf - are all hallmarks of treating the law as a personal servant. No nation that behaves so cavalierly towards its own laws can amount to anything, despite tall and noble claims to the contrary.

All laws are not equal.

This is especially true of Pakistani theocratic laws.

Blasphemy laws are essentially just a massive rondhu tantrum.

I will follow the law - and ensure legal compliance - I won't really ever appreciate it or respect it.

All laws are not equal.

This is especially true of Pakistani theocratic laws.

Blasphemy laws are essentially just a massive rondhu tantrum.

I will follow the law - and ensure legal compliance - I won't really ever appreciate it or respect it.

But that logic is contrary to what an increasing number of people believe - that divine law trumps man made laws - which then leads us into the mess created by theocratic laws such as the blasphemy law.

Anyway, laws may not be regarded as equal, but a basic tenet is that the laws must be applied equally and fairly to all. The present circus related to 62/63 is a violation of that tenet, and reflects poorly on the election, its results, and on us all as a nation.

Back
Top Bottom