What's new

Pakistan to arm fighters with Chinese BVR missiles

It was always going to be SD10 wit the chinease radar kLJ which is a msa radar not AESA.

TO BE FAIR IT MAKES SENSE chinease fighter with chinease radar & BVR missles.

Sanction proof.

It was always going to be SD10 wit the chinease radar kLJ which is a msa radar not AESA.

TO BE FAIR IT MAKES SENSE chinease fighter with chinease radar & BVR missles.

Sanction proof.

Whats the comparison of MSA with AESA or Pulse Doppler?

How good is it compared to other types of radars in existence today?

But we re not even sure if its KLJ or some other radar of chinese origin .. are we.?

Could someone please clarify on what RADAR will be complimenting the SD-10? and is it AESA ? or what?

current batch incorporates KLJ-7/10 radar that is not AESA.
if you check ACM statement it say that:

"PAF has no plans to install Western devices and weapons on the aircraft for the time being," the newspaper quoted Suleman as saying.

next blocks may see westren equipment although i sincerely hop this do not happens and we can com up be some better improved chinse system co-developed. Chinese AESA will be the best solution, as Strom Force suggested, Sanction proff!! :agree:

regards!

hope pakistan should have AESA radar in mind for JF 17 it will make JF 17 more lethal what it is now and increase the range of our missiles

"PAF has no plans to install Western devices and weapons on the aircraft for the time being," the newspaper quoted Suleman as saying.

As far as my judgement, i think they are just waiting for indian MRCA to finalize because if iaf dont buy rafale then french will sell any thing to pakistan they will sell us the whole package for jf17 and they will sell us 36 rafales aswell cuz paf has mentioned 3 new mix of modern aircrafts jf17 fc20 and the 3rd 1 is mising and they know india will try to spoil our deals with every 1 so just let the indian choose the american f18 crap after the i can see a good future for us

Can we integrate American BVR missile Aim-120C to JF-17 thunder??? Mean to say,Can JFT fire Aim-120C to its full range with same precision as F-16 C/D???

Thanks in Advance.!!!

Nope. Not unless US allows access to radar blueprints, source codes to radar software. But these things are TOP SECRET, and US doesn't share these with even the best of its allies. So its just not possible to gain access to the source codes.

Without them, AIM 120 can not be used on any other radar. So they are only for the F-16s

Whats the comparison of MSA with AESA or Pulse Doppler?
All phased array radars (AESA and PESA) have a higher range when compared to traditional radars. They do have a narrow horizontal field view though.

The one advantage AESA has over PESA is that its operating frequencies keep shifting, so its almost impossible to jam it by jamming a certain range of frequencies. There is not a significant range advantage that AESA enjoys over PESA.
How good is it compared to other types of radars in existence today?
KLJ-7 radar is not the cutting edge. Its a very average radar. Nothing special about it, in fact it is a bare bone radar. It has a average range but nothing else. It is a traditional radar, so it will have its problems like jamming etc.
But we re not even sure if its KLJ or some other radar of chinese origin .. are we.?
We are sure that its KLJ-7. Only some very optimistic people have doubts that it might be KLJ-10. But we know its not so. KLJ-7 is a scaled down version of KLJ-10. KLJ-10 is an inferior radar compared to F-16s radar(APG-68). So you know know where KLJ-7 stands. This has been accepted by CCTV China, which is a state media.

KLJ-10 is an inferior radar compared to F-16s radar(APG-68). So you know know where KLJ-7 stands. This has been accepted by CCTV China, which is a state media.

Can you please provide the source about KLJ-10 being inferior to the APG-68 as per CCTV?

Can you please provide the source about KLJ-10 being inferior to the APG-68 as per CCTV?

Of course.

If you don't want to go through the video, here are the screenshots.

j101.jpg

j102n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the video but how old it exactly is? When i asked for a source i was more interested in looking for an article from a source to confirm what you just said above.

Frankly do you really think it matters if its old or new? They've compared F-16C/D with the J10. That's what matters. Btw, its from early 2010 I think.

I can quote a 100 articles but then its a question of credibility. You might not consider those sources authentic enough. With CCTV, it is assured that China govt backs those claims, because its a state controlled-run media, and all that is broadcasted is filtered/create by the state.

You can watch the complete video. Its pretty interesting. Compares all aspects of these aircraft.

The video is incorrect for the range of the F16's. Heres some better information:

Detection range of APG-68

The AN/APG-68 radar is a solid state long range (up to 300 km) Pulse-doppler radar designed by Westinghouse (now Northrop Grumman) to replace AN/APG-66 radar in the F-16 Fighting Falcon. The AN/APG-68 radar system consists of the following line replaceable units:
* Antenna
* Dual Mode Transmitter (DMT)
* Modular Low-power radio frequency (MLPRF)
* Programmable signal processor (PSP)

The AN/APG-68v(9) radar is the latest development. Besides the increase in scan range compared to the last version,The AN/APG-68v(9) radar has a SAR (Synthetic aperture radar) capability.

Their's no doubt that the APG68(V9) is superior to the KLJ 10, but the radars that PAF will go on the FC20 are likely going to be superior to the APG68(V9). In its current form, the Block 52's are superior as compared to the J10A's in terms of avionics and the radar range.

The AN/APG-68 radar is a solid state long range (up to 300 km) Pulse-doppler radar designed by Westinghouse (now Northrop Grumman) to replace AN/APG-66 radar in the F-16 Fighting Falcon.

That my friend is the range of radar for naval target which have rcs in the range of a few hundred square meters. No F-16 in the world can detect another aircraft at a range of 300 kms.

The max range of APG 68 is 130 kms for a Su30 sized target. Kindly check your claims

Pakistans only F 16 and JF 17 have BVR capality. Pakistan need to upgrade his F 7PG Mirage A 5.

Back
Top Bottom