What's new

Pakistan Successfully Tested Babur 3 Cruise Missile launch from Submarine : ISPR

Tidbits:

1. This marks the first completely successful test flight of Babur's SLCM variant. The system will require more test flights before it is ready for production and subsequent induction.
2. The test seems to have been conducted almost two weeks ago (27-28 Dec), when a corresponding Navigational Warning was issued. The reason for delaying public announcement is unclear at this moment.
3. The weapon was fired from a mobile underwater platform. No submarine was involved, however, I personally believe that Agosta-90Bs should be able to fire it from their standard 533mm torpedo tubes.
4. The range is incorrectly mentioned as 450km for unknown reason(s). Since Babur-3 is the SLCM variant of Babur-2, both have the same 650km strike range.
Really no submarine?

Yeah, the call center so-called admirals commenting on Babur however, the name is good enough to send a message BABUR. The next big I expect as Taimur...... :D

Indeed, this test along with many others in past, have actually taken over minds that paying so much attention which is an acknowledgement of the fact. New year news that too with SLCM Babur, will be remembered in history.

CONGRATUALTION akhi on our success. Mau ALLAH AoJ shower Pakistan and all Muslims with His special mercy, ãmiin. This news has lifted my spirit sky high, الحمدلله:pakistan:

Amen Amen. Yes it is an amazing day for Pakistan.

Two accidents on ins sindhurtuna.
And
orpedo compartment of the submarine INS Sindhurakshak..
And so may others in frigates...really long list...

But who cares, keep it up.
Wasnt keeping tabs.
INS Sindhurakshak sank at mumbao doc, 18 sailors died.

Great fireworks. Sad that lives lost but i am pleased wth the the rate of accidents

Attachments

• indisub.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 38
Yup, it was a fully submerged launch, hopefully this program will help for a future SLBM project.

For that, have to have bigger displacement submarines with fat belly & enough womb space for a baby to shoot out.

Babur v2 range is 700 km ,,, Babur SLCM has 450 km range ,, any senior member explain the reduction in range,,, answer welcome...
reduced size to fit into the vertical launch tubes of the submarine, plus the missile cruises over sea which has a significantly higher air density owing to the heavy presence of saturated vapor.

Too much pain, must be difficult to sleep for some these days.

Not that much pain.
:D

On topic: Congratulations .Good Work .
But 450 km wont cut the deal and vulnerable due to our ASW systems .Need at least 1000Km.If that is BM then it is better.

Back
Top Bottom