What's new

Pakistan showing interest in J-16?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SinoSoldier said:
Some great (or not so great, depending on who you are) news:

There is a rumor that the PLAAF is considering to reject the J-11D due to cost issues (and the fact that it is redundant with the J-16 when it comes to roles).
Can u highlight what kind of cost and capability differences exist between J11D and J16?

Can u highlight what kind of cost and capability differences exist between J11D and J16?

At least from what has been observed & speculated, the J-16D is capable of strike roles and the radars of the respective aircraft come from competing suppliers.

If the rumor turns out to be true (it may not be since there are rumors of new j-11D prototypes being built), it could highlight an acceleration of the J-20 program.

:p::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::argh::fans: ouch WS-10 sorry.... that was the one with engine problems and crashed multiple j-10 last year... killing china's first female pilot too....

off topic sorry, i need to correct you, China's first female pilot was born in 1901 (-1967). The pilot gone last year is the first female fighter plane pilot.

At least from what has been observed & speculated, the J-16D is capable of strike roles and the radars of the respective aircraft come from competing suppliers.

If the rumor turns out to be true (it may not be since there are rumors of new j-11D prototypes being built), it could highlight an acceleration of the J-20 program.
We already have J20 for air superior, no need more J11D. It's waste resource. J16 is a heavy multi role fighter, it create more value than J11D. The cut of J11D means PLAAF loves J20 very very very very much!

If PAF wanna get its money bang for the buck, they will go for J16 as well. Economy of scale!

At this case, you can find PAF is very well informed of the project schedule from China. That's why they go for J16 and keep quiet on J11D. We shall not suspicious about the close cooperation between China and Pakistan.

N
PAF asked for 1.5 billion usd ... in such an amount Pakistan can easily get one squadron of chinese or russian origin 4.5 generation jet ... whereas in terms of operational cost incremental cost of few squadrons could not be more than a 100 million dollar so from where do you bring 20 billion dollars figure
20 billion dollar for overall forces pak navy and army also..

16649080_1765723673745406_1726832586859370303_n.jpg
First?
What about Su-35 claims? :)

Please tell me this is not the new 11th "Pahla sacha payar" !!

ON a serious note, J16 is one beast of an aircraft, no doubt about that. A few squadrons of these will be able to meet almost all sorts of challenges our air force faces today.

First?
What about Su-35 claims? :)

Please tell me this is not the new 11th "Pahla sacha payar" !!
ON a serious note, J16 is one beast of an aircraft, no doubt about that. A few squadrons of these will be able to meet almost all sorts of challenges our air force faces today.
Absolutely

bro can you point out the Difference between J-11D and J-16 ?
J11D is the ultimate version of J11 series, partially induct J20 avionics. It's for air- superiority purpose. J16 is a multi role fighter, cousin of Su30MKK( with Chinese engine , AESA Radar, avionics). J16 can run SEAD and anti-ships mission, which J11B can't. J16 has bigger payload than J11D.

J16 can change the doctrine of PAF and J11b can't. That's deep strike, the ability to make your enemy feel pain.

J16 has EW version, and J11b doesn't.

J11D is the ultimate version of J11 series, partially induct J20 avionics. It's for air- superiority purpose. J16 is a multi role fighter, cousin of Su30MKK( with Chinese engine , AESA Radar, avionics). J16 can run SEAD and anti-ships mission, which J11B can't. J16 has bigger payload than J11D.

J16 can change the doctrine of PAF and J11b can't. That's deep strike, the ability to make your enemy feel pain.

J16 has EW version, and J11b doesn't.
I think it will be superior to SU35...many friends here are of an opinion that china cannot sell flankers due to it has Intellectual property rights.. But I think it can and the simple reason is that Russia has refused to sell Su35 and it can earn some Royalty from china. Russia has nothing to lose in it..

Yes that's why PAF likes to get up close and personal. They use terrain to get eyeball to eyeball and are masters of dogfighting. This is well documented. You are correct most air forces are focusing on BVR and we should also but we must not forget dogfighting as most air forces are relying on missiles to their detriment. Vietnam proved US air force wrong

I think all these so called IBTEREST NEWS SHOULD STOP.
Creating bullshit threads with no substance is a waste of bandwidth and time. Unless you can state a reputable source there is no point dancing like Indians

Hi,

When the smart device held in your hand has more computing power than the largest computer in asia the day you were born----it does not sound very intelligent of you to comment on comparing the capabilities of current day BVR missiles to be same as those of missile during the vietnam war---.

It really shocks me at the eternal brainlessness of pakistanis---from and average pakistani Joe---to the Pakistani generals---in the Year 2017---they are giving examples of the technology of 1960---the bvr missiles of the 60's---.

The whole of the USAF stealth program is based upon the use of BVR missile capability---.

The 200 million dollar aircraft the F22 is purely built on the operational capabilities of its BVR missiles---as is the F35---and this pakistani sitting on the mattress in his 'fetid' room is dismissing the power of this million dollar bvr missile with a simple dismissive shake of head---.

I think it will be superior to SU35...many friends here are of an opinion that china cannot sell flankers due to it has Intellectual property rights.. But I think it can and the simple reason is that Russia has refused to sell Su35 and it can earn some Royalty from china. Russia has nothing to lose in it..
Russia can't do anything, it's China's will. We produce anything from bolts to engine . It's ours!

Pakistan could learn from Indians to “rent” J-20s or J-16s because of budget size.
Hi what do you mean by rent? Who will fly these j20 out of question
J16 can be even buy on delay payment methods once the cpec operational fully it's very easy
To pay the If that's the case hopefully paf can fly them without any hassale as they are already flying su series in China
But on the other hand j16 manufacturing has started just recently only second badge has coming
Out recently though some rumours are that the first badge is having some aesa radar problem
If @Deino can shed some extra light on it appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom