What's new

‘Pakistan second largest exporter of denim’

Cyberian

BANNED
Reaction score
Sunday, September 22, 2013

LAHORE: The International Cotton Advisory Committee (ICAC) has said that Pakistan is the second largest exporter of Denim in the world after China.

The ICAC said that the world trade in denim fabric fluctuated between 530,000 tons and 760,000 tons per annum between 2001 and 2011. It, thus, averaged 670,000 tons over those years. It also said that China is the major exporter of denim, which was around 273,000 tons in 2012. The second largest exporter was Pakistan, with denim exports of 70,000 tons. Other major exporters of denim are Turkey, India, and the United States with the exports of 37,000 tons, 36,000 tons and 35,000 tons, respectively.

The largest import market of this fabric is Hong Kong, followed by Turkey and Mexico, with the annual imports of 95,000 tons, 58,000 tons and 53,000 tons, respectively, in 2011.

The value of annual world denim imports fluctuated between $3 billion and $3.9 billion, between 2001 and 2011. Export and import unit values for denim rose from around $4 per kilogram in the early 2000s to between $7 and $8 per kilogram in 2011.

This information will be included in a report to the 72nd plenary meeting of the ICAC in Cartagena, Colombia beginning September 29. Approximately 400 people are likely to participate in the meeting.

par tu to denim pehenta hi nahi :whistle:

so conspiries about u and tagri bazzo were right that your friendship is just like Karan Johar and his great secret friend……:lol:

I was surprised to find made in Pakistan label in my replay denim.

Waiseee kahaaa tou sahiii - the last time I wore a pair of jeans was probably 4 years ago ! :unsure:

Abbbb tou Shalwar Kameez ka Formal Dress hi hotaa haii ! :undecided:

abe sahi kahe ga na, 4 saal se uski tugh me nazar he tau he lol

I thought Bangladesh would be in top five exporters too, they are ahead in many fields from us, we should focus more on exports to decrease the trade deficit.

Back
Top Bottom