What's new

Pakistan’s Rabbani Khar Pales Next to Clinton

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol...Indians and Hina Rabbani Khar.....

Only a stupid so called professional/official will not get meaning of those words.

She also conveyed counter concerns as it must be.:tup:

She is not an official of Afghanistan, so the Afghan side of the border in her statement is simply an accusation.. However a statement mentioning both sides of border by a Pakistani FM is an admission of stuff happening on the Pakistani side of the border.. Same slip Musharraf made in Delhi when he said that both Pakistan and India have been encouraging insurgents in each others' countries..

You're completely wrong! Rabbani Khar is way better looking than Clinton! :cheesy:

Seriously though, American foreign ministers are very well trained liars. They make up stuff like bombing Sirte to protect civilians and make it sound like fact. So it wouldn't be surprising if Clinton's answers appeared more polished than Rabbani Khar's.

She is not an official of Afghanistan, so the Afghan side of the border in her statement is simply an accusation.. However a statement mentioning both sides of border by a Pakistani FM is an admission of stuff happening on the Pakistani side of the border.. Same slip Musharraf made in Delhi when he said that both Pakistan and India have been encouraging insurgents in each others' countries..

So what is new about that? Everyone knows that people go back and forth all the time. That is not what Pakistan denies. The denial is about state sanctioned sanctuaries which still stands and was stated by the FM.

Bottom line is that people can fling all the fun they want to at the FM, however she is doing her best in a tough situation and this experience is invaluable in dealing with any others. Essentially she is having to deal with American hardball tactics and those are as tough as things get. In the long run, her youth and experience will help her immensely.

Secondly, as AM has mentioned above, Mehmood Qureshi was booted because he did not want to tread the apologist line and was backing the Army's position. The internal PPP politics got the best of him. FM in Pakistan or anywhere else does not carry the weight of independent thought, their job is to represent the government in its entirety that includes the point of view of the security apparatus as well.

"Do safe havens exist? Yes, they do exist both sides. Do we need to cooperate? Yes. We can cooperate more and achieve better results," she said.

Kayani is saying yes, Hina is saying yes, Gilani nods too.. then what's taking you so long to launch an offensive that US is pressed to take the matters in its own hands? Why is the military taking so long to launch an offensive? Please don't tell me your military is stretched because this job is NOT going to be done by regular infantry men. It will be done by special forces and commando units. You know it I know it and USA knows it.

Then what's the point of just talking these words?

Kayani is saying yes, Hina is saying yes, Gilani nods too.. then what's taking you so long to launch an offensive that US is pressed to take the matters in its own hands? Why is the military taking so long to launch an offensive? Please don't tell me your military is stretched because this job is NOT going to be done by regular infantry men. It will be done by special forces and commando units. You know it I know it and USA knows it.

I am surprised you ask 'why', when Pakistan has made its position on 'why' clear repeatedly. Go through the COAS Briefing to Parliament thread and the 'US-Pak differences over Haqqani' thread to refresh your memory. The statements by the PM and FM during the Clinton visit also repeat some of the rationale behind 'why'.

If any one say yes than he shall come forward and share his info! why taking so long?

So let us start by sharing the info on TTP ? where are there safe heavens?

We have already appointed Rehman Malik a (UK National) minister of home land security.

Unfortunately he is not answerable to Pakistanis but UK & US can ask him for explaining his inaction.

If any one say yes than he shall come forward and share his info! why taking so long?

So let us start by sharing the info on TTP ? where are there safe heavens?

We have already appointed Rehman Malik a (UK National) minister of home land security.

Unfortunately he is not answerable to Pakistanis but UK & US can ask him for explaining his inaction.

why do u have a citizen of another country as minister in ur country?

Well she is no Benazir Bhutto. English is not our first language, but she needs to improve her speaking skills. She seems kind of shy, she needs to be more confident. Pakistan got a seat at UNSC, if she commuciates better with the world that can help Pakistan in many areas. I think she is better when she has prepared a speech, but not as good when someone asks her a question up-front. She needs more practice.

And please dont compare her to Hillary. She is the same age as Hillary's daughter.

There is also a thing as 'quiet diplomacy', which Mrs Clinton quite frankly isn't good at. Anyone can sprout a lot of BS, say nonsensical things, but it doesn't mean they're doing a good job diplomatically.

Well comparing someone who has been 'the first lady of USA' for almost 8 years, A seasoned diplomat and a foreign affairs Secretary for United States and a woman of experience in different fields including her husband's and her election campaign to some one who has just entered the feild of politics is really ridiculous. Give Ms. Rabbani Khar some time and she might become as good as Mrs. Hillary Clinton here. It will take time. But the problem is it is not that she will win the next election too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom