What's new

Pakistan records 5% growth in GDP, 17% in revenue, says Dar

Dear Mr. Sharif, give us a stable Karachi, non-stop electricity and accessible bridges to foreign markets - and the people will get you a booming economy!

What has Nawaz Sharif got for economic reform? Peeli taxi scheme, youth loan, laptop?

Who is he fooling? The Yellow cab scheme was a huge run on the banks. It was not even remotely successful. Now he brings another gem which is called Youth Loan Program. When his govt is printing currency by the millions, the loans will become worthless if the poor get them at all in the first place. Who will guarantee a poor man's loan in today's Pakistan? Stop fooling people all the time.

It will be another failed scheme like Yellow cab where banks ended up with too many bad loans and the taxis became private cars.

To reform Pakistan and make it independent, they need to expand revenue by direct taxation. This they will never do. They themselves are defaulters. A long term strategy is needed but our politicians are short sighted and look for short term 'wow factor' fixes

He even forged stats and gave them to IMF in earlier tenure of Nawaz Sharif

Pakistan had to apologize and pay fine to IMF

He is a compulsive liar

Last edited:
Dear Mr. Sharif, give us a stable Karachi, non-stop electricity and accessible bridges to foreign markets - and the people will get you a booming economy!
1) Rangers operation with the help of interior ministry is in place. Thousands of criminals have been caught from all over Pakistan. The crime rate and the target killings have definitely come down. The operation hasnt ended. It will end once karachi is cleaned from criminals and target killers.
2) In order to have non stop electricity, you need to be honest to your self. We already know how many people steal electricity to date. Not only that, the PM has taken strong steps towards ending the loadshedding. Solar energy park, wind energy, inauguration of nuclear reactors, maintenance of current power plants, conversion of fuel based plants to coal, and they haven't stopped. The government is working day and night to curb loadshedding. Their whole government relies on it. If they cant overcome this problem, they wont win next elections.
3) Accessible bridges to foreign markets: Just today EU has granted Pakistan a GSP plus status, with the help of PMLN because the international business community strongly trusts Nawaz sharif because of his business friendly policies.

Having said all that, there are still some people that are acting like cry babies, protesting on the streets instead of being productive and trying to hijack the government with rumours and lies. Insha Allah, this country will get rid of them.

Sources can't satisfy egos.

It's a wonder how they can claim 5% growth, which we all know is a load of crap, when the ADB and IMF give very bleak forecasts of 3%. Only marginal improvement for 2014.

1) Rangers operation with the help of interior ministry is in place. Thousands of criminals have been caught from all over Pakistan. The crime rate and the target killings have definitely come down. The operation hasnt ended. It will end once karachi is cleaned from criminals and target killers.

I agree with your other points, but if you live in Karachi, you know that nothing has changed. If anything, the crime rate has gone up since the operation started.

Does it matter for anyone what you think except yourself (perhaps)? You are free to believe all you want dude....:)

Then probably you should muster up courage and collect the national accounts data yourself just like PBS does. I hope that is the only thing that can satisfy you......
These sort are arguments are indicative of no further logic available. BTW I do such exercises.

What has Nawaz Sharif got for economic reform? Peeli taxi scheme, youth loan, laptop?

Who is he fooling? The Yellow cab scheme was a huge run on the banks. It was not even remotely successful. Now he brings another gem which is called Youth Loan Program. When his govt is printing currency by the millions, the loans will become worthless if the poor get them at all in the first place. Who will guarantee a poor man's loan in today's Pakistan? Stop fooling people all the time.

It will be another failed scheme like Yellow cab where banks ended up with too many bad loans and the taxis became private cars.

To reform Pakistan and make it independent, they need to expand revenue by direct taxation. This they will never do. They themselves are defaulters. A long term strategy is needed but our politicians are short sighted and look for short term 'wow factor' fixes
Yellow cab was an excellent scam to bless the favourites. I am personally witness to what happened in this scheme. People with political orientation took the cabs, did pay the installments and when those vehicles were recovered or should i say towed back, squeaks could be heard from kilometers. What a waste of public money. I am sure very few remembered the diversion of Mercedes shipment to Pakistan as soon as announcement was made and then removing this brand from the list of yellow cabs.

In last government they dished out public money in shape of Laptops and solar panels. Again I am witness that laptops were given to those who can afford to buy 10 laptops themselves.

They believe in enhancing taxes on people who pay tax rather than increase the base. Budget is written authentic proof of same. His previous tenures also witnessed taxing the already taxed. It needs to tax own cronies and before doing that pay their own taxes. What can you expect from a person who lives in palace and files a nil/negligible tax return.

These sort are arguments are indicative of no further logic available.
One can only argue with a person if he is willing to buy anything.....
BTW I do such exercises.
Then I look forward to have your very own GDP number published soon. You will become an overnight star in economic community if you do so :)

One can only argue with a person if he is willing to buy anything.....

Then I look forward to have your very own GDP number published soon. You will become an overnight star in economic community if you do so :)
very right and has been proven. ciao no more argument on this.

BbWM2MdCEAAZJio.jpg:large

@cb4

so far pmln hasnt been able to pull off the kind of economic prosperity they posed to bring.

economy economy economy, nawaz said and handed it over to ishaq dar, the accountant, the irony is unmistakable !

Does it matter for anyone what you think except yourself (perhaps)? You are free to
believe all you want dude....:)

Then probably you should muster up courage and collect the national accounts data yourself just like PBS does. I hope that is the only thing that can satisfy you......
Finance Ministry has revised its projected growth in the budget for the current fiscal year downward - from 4.4 percent to 2.8 percent as per the Letter of Intent (LoI) dated 5 December, submitted to the International Monetary Fund under $6.64 billion Extended Fund Facility (EFF).

@airmarshal @Leader

Back
Top Bottom