ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
48401466.jpg

Source:

Reliance ICC Rankings - ICC Team Rankings, ICC Test Rankings, ICC ODI Rankings

ICC rankings - ICC Test, ODI and Twenty20 rankings | ESPN Cricinfo

PS:There is some problem with ICC website. However Cricinfo has updated the ranking on their website.

India slip to fifth spot in ICC Test rankings

DUBAI: India, who were the No. 1 Test side this time a year ago, have lost a position to slip to the fifth spot in the latest ICC Test Championship rankings table after the annual update took place on Saturday.

The Indian team that last played a Test match in January against Australia, has swapped places with Pakistan.

Pakistan, despite a 0-1 defeat in the three-Test series, which finished in Sri Lanka on Thursday, have moved up to fourth position, pushing M S Dhoni's men down to number five.

Meanwhile, England extended their lead as top Test team after gaining 122 ratings points, while Australia moved to the second place.

Although South Africa has fallen to third spot, they can still leapfrog into top position if they manage to win the three-match Test series against England, which begins at The Oval on July 19.

If South Africa win the series 1-0 or 2-1 it will be level on ratings points with England but when the rankings are calculated to a fraction of a decimal point then Graeme Smith's team will have the edge.

India slip to fifth spot in ICC Test rankings - The Times of India

India has to do consistently well outside subcontinent. The way they performed in england and australia last time they dont deserve to come under any ranking.

India has to do consistently well outside subcontinent. The way they performed in england and australia last time they dont deserved to come under any ranking.

Mate, We Lost Badly in England & OZ, We cannot do anything about past. This Calender Year, We are playing most of the Cricket in Indian, so for sure Our Ranking will Improve. I am also confident, we'll bounce back & will win outside Subcontinent.

also 4th position in the T-20 format

Pakistan:

Test 4th, ODIs 6th and T-20s 4th

I dont find any grace in being a lion on a flat turning pitch and transform into a cat on a fast bouncy one. If we want to be the real number one we shud beat the aus,brit,SA and the WI on their own ground. winning in home and improve ranking is no help for us.

imagine if we had won or drawn the series

:angry:

India's performance was quite pathetic in tests in Aus and England . Was bound to happen .

But I am pretty sure we will bounce back . Hopefully we will win our next test series outside the sub-continent .

Great credit to Pakistan team. Dont forget thast 2009, they have been playing all the cricket outside Pakistan. No home advantage.

lol...achievement for Pak ? Guess all that while when India was ahead of Pak in Test rankings for last 5-6 years, no one bothered to make such thread but ...... :lol:

I dont find any grace in being a lion on a flat turning pitch and transform into a cat on a fast bouncy one. If we want to be the real number one we shud beat the aus,brit,SA and the WI on their own ground. winning in home and improve ranking is no help for us.

as if India wins matches on those pitches or England or Australia doesn't get shaky when they visit Asia

BTW, Pakistan's performance is even better because they were not playing at home so big difference in home-advantage and neutral/guest venue

lol...achievement for Pak ? Guess all that while when India was ahead of Pak in Test rankings for last 5-6 years, no one bothered to make such thread but ...... :lol:

We understand your situation. Best of luck for the future. ;)

:lol:

and I was getting irritated to read so many Indian-achieving threads being created everyday. Indian members didn't post one but multiple threads by different members saying India jumped the ICC ranking and so on...

I see almost no activity in cricket section after Pakistan wins the matches or series but more activity when India does the same.

Since last year --- I see some morale down by Pakistani fans of cricket in this forum

We understand your situation. Best of luck for the future. ;)

:lol:

Exactly...your must understand that. Till date India remains only team in history of world cricket which has won all ICC major tournaments i.e World Cup, Test no.1, T20 WC, Champions Trophy :tup:.

Not to forget India is current world champs
India.gif
. So you actually must understand the situation :lol:

Back
Top Bottom