What's new

Pakistan Plans to Produce 24 JF-17 Thunder Fighter Aircraft This year

and those schools hospitals and universities will be run over either by our enemies in east or west or the ones across the ocean....

kindly look at recent pictures of Libya.... a country probably 10 times more rich than Pakistan.... also google Iraq and Syria....

please try to find out how many Syrian children are enjoying their school these days.....

the eunich (heejra ) state without a defence budget cannot exist...

instead of cutting defence should we not cut corruption first?

Of course no one want to see Pakistan in same situation as Libya, Syria, Iraq or any other in same state. Cut corruption? This will never happen until we the people stop corrupting or protesting against it. Recent Panama leaks is the biggest example of our carelessness to this serious matter. :)

As our economy grows so does all the budgets - right now we have more than enough to procure JF-17s; this year is very crucial for our military as our budget has most likely been increased to 9.5 billion due to our economic growth; this is why the military has chosen this year to procure many goodies for modernization including a new standard rifle. We are to see much more this year.

InshAllah. I have to repeat myself, my questions wasn't my conclusions, but the concerns and different views on the topic. :)

Ok I have few questions. Does we have enough of defense budget to buy more and more of these aircrafts? Or we are just not buying from the budget is given. Is there any limit to this, where we can say we have enough of them? Lastly, if answer is yes, these aircrafts are bought out of the defensebudget. Then don't we have much more important needs to spend the money on. Like, schools, universities, hospitals and so on.

Thanks!

@Windjammer @MastanKhan @Horus

When the Taliban scum have no remorse in attacking our schools and universities and killing the innocents, then i guess the priorities change, education and medical institutions should indeed be on the top of the list but at the same time we have to be sure that they are safe and secure. As for the budget, while something like an F-16 costs us around $70 Million, we OTOH can afford to sell three JF-17 for the same price and which obviously in turn costs us much less....so there you have it....have your cake and enjoy it.

When the Taliban scum have no remorse in attacking our schools and universities and killing the innocents, then i guess the priorities change, education and medical institutions should indeed be on the top of the list but at the same time we have to be sure that they are safe and secure. As for the budget, while something like an F-16 costs us around $70 Million, we OTOH can afford to sell three JF-17 for the same price and which obviously in turn costs us much less....so there you have it....have your cake and enjoy it.

Completely agree. And thanks......I got my answers.

Welcome.

Before saying anything else, let me be clear. It was not conclusion of the topic, but the concerns. These questions came up to my mind and I preferred asking you all and find out different opnions/facts/views on it. Yes of course we don't have good relations with our neighbors. We particularly mention India all the time. But so don't we have with Iran or let me say they don't want it. . Most definitely we need to strong our military to protect our land. And thanks I got my answers.

Got it. Thanks! :)

Ok I have few questions. Does we have enough of defense budget to buy more and more of these aircrafts? Or we are just not buying from the budget is given. Is there any limit to this, where we can say we have enough of them? Lastly, if answer is yes, these aircrafts are bought out of the defensebudget. Then don't we have much more important needs to spend the money on. Like, schools, universities, hospitals and so on.

Thanks!

all your mentioned aspects are of equally importance, but we have a country as a neighbor who's policy is to encircle Pakistan and take a wild hit.... If we failed to maintain our defense capability we won't be surviving...

Thanks!

Hi,

Funds could be also an issue, but more than that, I would place my bets on Industrial capacity that Pakistan currently has.

Its not like you throw a bunch of billions and out of the blue, you have your whole industry
built around you.

Oh pravo kuri di jaaan chaad deo saray uday peeche pay gai ho

all your mentioned aspects are of equally importance, but we have a country as a neighbor who's policy is to encircle Pakistan and take a wild hit.... If we failed to maintain our defense capability we won't be surviving...

Yep. But I wanted to know how mates on PDF think about it. :)

I like your avatar. :p

Oh pravo kuri di jaaan chaad deo saray uday peeche pay gai ho

Hain naaaa????? Main bhi yehi Soch Rahi Thi. Matlab Abhi to sirf Mainy question he Kia hai yeh conclude Nahi Kia Ke we should stop getting more aircrafts and mainly focus on instructions like schools and universities. :p

Larger projects like JF-17 have a special allocation for budgeting. When do we say we have enough? There are two ways of looking at it and then there is the right way.

1. Are we spending more than our economy allows to? Answer yes.

2. Are we spending enough to deter an aggression on our beloved country? Answer no.

3. (The right way) Are we not spending on education, health, socio-economic development because we are spending on defence? No!

So, here are a few facts. Our air force is outnumbered 3-1. And that outnumbered air force has a fleet which is outdated and due for replacement (about 2/3rd of it). Navy is even worse. It is necessary to maintain enough strength so that our neighbours do not dare. Make no mistake, when we are down they will not hesitate. Military power provides peace (absence of conflict) which is essential to nourish education, health etc. You can't do without either of them. Without strong defence your socio-economic progress goes up in smoke. Without progress you can not maintain credible defence.

Answer lies in transparency and rooting out corruption coupled with competent and honest economic team. Get the right team at the helm of affairs and you can have both. Don't do that, and no amount of riches will reach people or defence forces. Riches will just reach to offshore companies. You get the idea, right?
The spending on JFT project is our Basic need.......Government is also spending its budget on education and rate of literacy has grown in past few years in Pakistan......We have no other option for PAF rather to make JFT advance and it Is also helping Pakistan to make profit through export orders.....Hope for the best,....

Hain naaaa????? Main bhi yehi Soch Rahi Thi. Matlab Abhi to sirf Mainy question he Kia hai yeh conclude Nahi Kia Ke we should stop getting more aircrafts and mainly focus on instructions like schools and universities. :p
Han gee, koi gal nai bus zara jazbati qoum ha :D
Jann deo

Barring one or two rest are paranoids......And we have to live with it till Sun turns into Red Giant!!:(

bibi apne military ke baare mein pucha hai ab bhuktein :D

well all these 24 aircrafts will not be inducted into PAF. Some of these jets are to be exported. There was a post here before data was lost that PAF will induct 16 thunders in 2016. This means that around 8 will be exported.

What is the point of having schools if one can not protect the children in that school?

well all these 24 aircrafts will not be inducted into PAF. Some of these jets are to be exported. There was a post here before data was lost that PAF will induct 16 thunders in 2016. This means that around 8 will be exported.
Thanks was trying to find this post ...

Back
Top Bottom