What's new

Pakistan Needs more Airbases

zavis2003

Reaction score
Currently Pakistan Airforce is operating from some 10 bases out of which four air bases are lying in same strip e.g Chaklala, Kamra, Peshawar, Mianwali and training base like Risal pur
No bases are present in North Region up Rawalpindi.

There is approx a large area of nothern area where there is need of bases as what INDIA did in Ledakh type area made a base at high altitude

In Punjab we have Sargodha at centre and guide me if any other air base in Punjab ither than i metioned

Some three air bases in Sindh

But the meaning of all this is to open a discussion that

the Ten bases means 10 targets and it is important that Pak lakes strategic depth as all main cities are under the shadow of Prithivi attack
so
Pak needs to make some more bases deep inside in Balochistan to make itself not be ground so easily
As it is fact that enemy operates some 60 bases all over its terittory
And more bases simply improves logestics and also some shelter for different squadrons

Looking for your comments

Currently Pakistan Airforce is operating from some 10 bases out of which four air bases are lying in same strip e.g Chaklala, Kamra, Peshawar, Mianwali and training base like Risal pur
No bases are present in North Region up Rawalpindi.

There is approx a large area of nothern area where there is need of bases as what INDIA did in Ledakh type area made a base at high altitude

In Punjab we have Sargodha at centre and guide me if any other air base in Punjab ither than i metioned

Some three air bases in Sindh

But the meaning of all this is to open a discussion that

the Ten bases means 10 targets and it is important that Pak lakes strategic depth as all main cities are under the shadow of Prithivi attack
so
Pak needs to make some more bases deep inside in Balochistan to make itself not be ground so easily
As it is fact that enemy operates some 60 bases all over its terittory
And more bases simply improves logestics and also some shelter for different squadrons

Looking for your comments

pakistan does not have that much strategic depth, secondly i think the planes have to be near the border as they lack active air refeullers at the moment... more the strip is deep inside pakistan, lessr would be the combat radius of the jet..

if we get j10s/j11s than we might think of extra air bases, deep inside pakistan aswell...

perhaps continously increasing population has also become a problem

Last edited:
Who told you pindi doesn't have any fighters. But they are all for ADA. Sargodha and Shorkot are good enough for deep strike specially Shorkot , Thats the best thing about Mirage is long distance missions. We have enough Operational bases plus lot of FOB. What we need is more fighters not bases.

well, maintaing air bases is also expensive, our govt. is unable to handle that much cost because of bad policies.

we need bases and long-range fighters similar to f-15/su-27 etc. or better

I got a hand on these maps from Google. May be of some interest.

2884bd0fc70fe8ad5160bc3285b59391.gif

---

KIT Over :pakistan:

What we need is more fighters not bases.

I agree BUT OP is right, there is a lack of Bases up North and by looking at the Pictures of these Air bases it is obvious that PAF has no strike/offence in mind either :frown: they seem to arranged for defence mainly :frown: :disagree: :tsk:

Mainly Pakistan Air Force is divided into three administrative Air Commands.

1. Northern Air Command NAC
2. Central Air Command CAC
3. Southern Air Command SAC

Main Operating Bases (MOB)​

PAF Mushaf-Sargodha

Central Air Command, Headquarters

Inventory: CCS F-7,CCS Mirage,No. 82 Sqn-F-16 A, F-16 A/B, Falcon 20 F/G, F-7P, Mirage 5PA, Alouette III-16.

PAF Masroor-Karachi

Southern Air Command

Inventory: F-7P, Mirage 5PA, Alouette III, Crotale SAM, SA-2 Guideline.

PAF Rafiqui-Shorkot

Central Air Command

Inventory: Mirage III, F-7PG, Mirage ROSE-III, Alouette III-30.

PAF Peshawar-Peshawar

Northern Air Command, Headquarters.

Inventory: A-5, Alouette III-25.

PAF Mianwali-Mianwali

Northern Air Command

Combat Training Wing-FT-5, F-7P, FT-7P, F-7P, FT-7P, Alouette III-25.

PAF Minhas

Northern Air Command

Inventory: F-7P, Mirage 5, JF-17.

PAF Samungli

Southern Air Command

Inventory: F-7PG, F-7PG, Alouette III.

PAF Chaklala

Northern Air Command

Inventory: C-130, B707, Falcon, F27Cessna, Beech Crotale SAM.

PAF Faisal

Southern Air Command, Headquarters

PAF Risalpur

Northern Air Command

Forward Operating Bases

PAF Lahore
PAF Mirpur Khas
PAF Multan
PAF Murid
PAF Nawabshah
PAF Pasni
PAF Risalewala Faisalabad
PAF Shahbaz
PAF Sukkur
PAF Talhar
PAF Vihari

Satellite Bases

PAF Bhagtanwala
PAF Chandhar
PAF Chuk Jhumra
PAF Gwadar
Kohat Airbase
PAF Ormara
PAF Rahim Yar Khan
PAF Rajanpur
PAF Sindhri

---

KIT Over n Out.

^shabaz is going to be a MOB in 2010 and there is no shortage of air-bases, further there are many WWII airstrips/runways we are not aware of. depending on budgets, these can be upgraded!

Gwader has a 3,000m+ runway now!

The age old question, every general has had to answer for himself. Do I concentrate the forces to form a thick/strong core, and risk being outflanked? or do I spread the line to cover a larger area, and risk spreading the resources too thinly.

Generally, it is good defensive strategy to have the line spread out as wide as possible, but then have a mobile guard that can reinforce any area that has been breached. Khalid bin al-Walid was a master of this, he always had a "mobile guard" of cavalry reinforcing the hardest hit portion of the line.

A compromise must be reached between power and speed, strength and flexibility, mass and maneuverability. PAF will have to decide for itself what resources to activate and when. Let's not discuss something most of us have no idea about.

First JF-17 are not in Kamra Minhas they are now in Peshawar.

All of our fighters can take off and land on the high way in Migh Mark we put every fighter we had on the highway for 3 days and operated from there including C-130. It was a massive operation it was proven that now with that capability we have more places than FOB. I wish we had Highways like today in 65, 71.
I made 9 emergency landings without fuel kept fighting till the last drop of gas in the saber and than landed on FOBs for fuel:lol::lol: my 3rd landing was in chaklala were Rahim sahib the COAS came and said what are you doing here and I said sir out of fuel and he said why I replied Sir I made 4 passes instead of 1 and he said you Disobeyed A Direct Order I said 1 pass if you live through the war I will Court marshal you :lol::lol:

First JF-17 are not in Kamra Minhas they are now in Peshawar.

All of our fighters can take off and land on the high way in Migh Mark we put every fighter we had on the highway for 3 days and operated from there including C-130. It was a massive operation it was proven that now with that capability we have more places than FOB. I wish we had Highways like today in 65, 71.
I made 9 emergency landings without fuel kept fighting till the last drop of gas in the saber and than landed on FOBs for fuel:lol::lol: my 3rd landing was in chaklala were Rahim sahib the COAS came and said what are you doing here and I said sir out of fuel and he said why I replied Sir I made 4 passes instead of 1 and he said you Disobeyed A Direct Order I said 1 pass if you live through the war I will Court marshal you :lol::lol:

hmmmm now i see why have the engine noises changed for the last couple of days. the A-5 engine noise was very recognizable, last few days hearing something different.

hmmmm now i see why have the engine noises changed for the last couple of days. the A-5 engine noise was very recognizable, last few days hearing something different.

but havent ceen anyone in air bro,man just waiting 4 the moment to c them roaring high in the skies of peshawar:pakistan:

I agree with others here that it is not more airbases that we need it is fighters. Pakistan finds itself in the position of Israel, surrounded by bigger and numerically superior neighbours who are hostile. Pakistan needs to have either a 2:1 ratio of fighters for air-superiority and close air support or a technologically and considerably well-trained and well-exercised air-force with working, efficient doctrines.

If Pakistan and India go to war the first shots will not be fired on the ground but high up in the skies. The Pakistan Army is useless without air-superiority it will simply be picked apart.

A STRONG Naval arm of PAF is the need of the hour.

We need basis and new NAVAL squadrons to cover from Karachi to Gawader.

Back
Top Bottom