What's new

Pakistan might be considering opting for 18 more F16 Block C/D

AZADPAKISTAN2009

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I am just hearing some rumors, that

After the initial 18 Brand new F16 C/D will be in Pakistan's inventory by 2010 end , Pakistan will also be looking to get extra 18 Block C/D

Is there any solid evidence of this data - that we might be getting 36 F-16 Block C/D , in total

On top of the J10B 36 once we reach close to 2014, which is the date when obviously the plane will be used and tested by Chinese airforce (around 2011/2012)

Posted by brahmastra
why not ordering more j-10 instead f-16?

Simple. Because F-16 is tried, tested, reliable and known system for PAF.
J-10 is still in its infancy.

Fighter

Pakistan is not going for 18 more f16 at all.if Pakistan really wanted to buy 36 aircrafts then they never reduce the number to 18.money is spent on fc20/f-10s deal or on jf17 thunders and no more f16s are coming.
besides if Pakistan order for remaining f16 now then we will get these after 5 to 6 years and this is really not in favor of Pakistan.

I hope this is not true. We are trying to move away from US weapons. This will do the opposite.

i think j 10 is the more cost effective choice and with the recent past experiences with US i think the chinese seem to be much better choice for the pakistanis

Cost effectiveness come in to picture when J-10 is fully operational, dear. It will take time for J-10 to stabalize. There is no such issue with F-16s.

Fighter

Is there any solid evidence of this data - that we might be getting 36 F-16 Block C/D , in total
i red an interview in which ex ACM Tanveer Mehmood said the aircrafts which we mostly liked after evaluation were

F-16 C/d block 52+
and Jas39 gripen

we didnt went for Gripen coz it had influence of three countries i.e USA,Sweeden and Britain but another drawback was that Gripen is mainly an air superiority fighter but our requirmenst are for multi-role .....

In the same interview Ex ACM said i myself will personaly lyk to go for these F-16 C/D block 52+ and we will surely utizlie our option of 18 more f-16 c/d block 52+ keeping that resources are available

hope it may help u

we dont learn from past mistakes
people obsessed with westren tech will risk out country defence once again as they did in eighties we need a reliable source that is only china at the movement. the logic of tried and tested also goes for JF 17 FC 20 is pakistan future along with other chinese jets they can incorporate the avionics if its available AMRICANS will sell us F 16 to keep us dependent on them and when its really matter they will show their back side as they did in 65 nad 71 wake up pakistan Think of a war scenario if they stop supply of weapons for these jets our stock will not lost long then again we go back to china for weapons it will be batter for us to test FC 20 with them mean get them asap suggest improvement to china work with them this a way forward
Our pilots flies westren jets in arab countries and naturally fall in love with westren planes that should only be used to get under standing of technology and helps chinese to imrove FC 20 and JF 17 not to start craying for those jets

^if the IAF opts for the EuroFighter - Typhoon, or anyother type, then PAF will have no other 'option' but to go for the additional F-16s blk 52s.

^if the IAF opts for the EuroFighter - Typhoon, or anyother type, then PAF will have no other 'option' but to go for the additional F-16s blk 52s.

Why F-16's when you can Have J-10? Its easy to acess and Cheap too.... For If IAF chooses Eurofighter Typhoon or Anyother stuff fromMMRCA, F-16 is not an answer to that, u need sumething superior to that atleast, The best PAF can do is get J-10 which has an edge over F-16

EF Rafale are just attention drama. lets just talk about F18s or Mig-35 as a matter of fact.
PAF wants westernized chinese MRCA and in case of j-10b maybe PAF is not getting access to 4.5 generation systems or maybe no such systems exists which are only meant for export and do not exist in european 4.5 generation MRCAs. IMO their is no point for PAF to opt for two similar technologies such as new f-16s and fc-20. unless PAF can get access to rafale systems then FC-20 has potential.
IMO PAF has not spend any penny on J-10B R&D so they can still afford to pull out of this program and opt for something even better in less quantity.

what u Indian wana prove by raising this point about j10.
we will go for j10s too and for a large number,dont think anything stupid bro.
and dont create same mess over here.:hitwall:

Why are you so angry, Did I say something wrong? F-16 is not a solution To counter Eurofighter typhoon or any other aircrafts coming in from MMRCA .... U need solid Aircrafts dude.... Iam not advising you, You Guys are smart enough to understand when its proven to be just a rumour as The thread starter said...

Back
Top Bottom