Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan less corrupt, according to global corruption list
By Web Desk
Published: December 1, 2011

As opposition leaders accuse the Pakistan government of indulging in corruption, Transparency International’s report on global corruption suggests otherwise. Pakistan’s rank on the Index stood at 134, with 42 countries ranking worse. Last year Pakistan had only 34 countries ranking worse on the Corruption Index.

Showing an improvement, Pakistan scored 2.5 in Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI) compared to last year’s score of 2.3.

The 0.2 difference signifies progression means Pakistan is improving in the global list of countries that are perceived to be corrupt.

Transparency International’s annual survey, which looked at 183 countries, ranges from zero (perceived to be highly corrupt) to 10 (thought to have little corruption). A country’s rank can however change because new countries enter the index or others drop out.

India’s CPI score went down by 0.2, going to 3.1 from 3.3 in 2010.

Afghanistan showed improvement by 0.1 in its CPI score this year which was 1.5; however it remained in the list of worst scorers, topped by Somalia and followed by Myanmar and North Korea.
China went up by 0.1 with its score of 3.6 this year.

The US was scored 7.1 on the list which was the same as last year, while UK improved by 0.2 with a CPI score of 7.8.

“This year we have seen corruption on protestors’ banners be they rich or poor. Whether in a Europe hit by debt crisis or an Arab world starting a new political era, leaders must heed the demands for better government,” said Huguette Labelle, chair of Transparency International in a statement.
At the other end of the scale, New Zealand took the leading position by a CPI score of 9.5, followed by Denmark and Finland, scoring 9.4 each.

Two thirds of ranked countries in the list scored less than 5, that shows a global inclination towards corruption.

“2011 saw the movement for greater transparency take on irresistible momentum, as citizens around the world demand accountability from their governments. High-scoring countries show that over time efforts to improve transparency can, if sustained, be successful and benefit their people,” said Transparency International Managing Director Cobus de Swardt in the press release.
Pakistan less corrupt, according to global corruption list – The Express Tribune

It could be spun both ways. Either Pakistan has become less corrupt or other countries have become more corrupt.

I'm disappointed though that we lost to Pakistan and Nepal on this ranking. This shows that many more Pakistanis and Nepalis are more aware that people in their countries are corrupt than Indians are aware of corruption in India.

Pakistan less corrupt, according to global corruption list
By Web Desk
Published: December 1, 2011

As opposition leaders accuse the Pakistan government of indulging in corruption, Transparency International’s report on global corruption suggests otherwise. Pakistan’s rank on the Index stood at 134, with 42 countries ranking worse. Last year Pakistan had only 34 countries ranking worse on the Corruption Index.

Showing an improvement, Pakistan scored 2.5 in Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI) compared to last year’s score of 2.3.

The 0.2 difference signifies progression means Pakistan is improving in the global list of countries that are perceived to be corrupt.

Transparency International’s annual survey, which looked at 183 countries, ranges from zero (perceived to be highly corrupt) to 10 (thought to have little corruption) A country’s rank can however change because new countries enter the index or others drop out.

India’s CPI score went down by 0.2, going to 3.1 from 3.3 in 2010.

Afghanistan showed improvement by 0.1 in its CPI score this year which was 1.5; however it remained in the list of worst scorers, topped by Somalia and followed by Myanmar and North Korea.
China went up by 0.1 with its score of 3.6 this year.

The US was scored 7.1 on the list which was the same as last year, while UK improved by 0.2 with a CPI score of 7.8.

“This year we have seen corruption on protestors’ banners be they rich or poor. Whether in a Europe hit by debt crisis or an Arab world starting a new political era, leaders must heed the demands for better government,” said Huguette Labelle, chair of Transparency International in a statement.
At the other end of the scale, New Zealand took the leading position by a CPI score of 9.5, followed by Denmark and Finland, scoring 9.4 each.

Two thirds of ranked countries in the list scored less than 5, that shows a global inclination towards corruption.

“2011 saw the movement for greater transparency take on irresistible momentum, as citizens around the world demand accountability from their governments. High-scoring countries show that over time efforts to improve transparency can, if sustained, be successful and benefit their people,” said Transparency International Managing Director Cobus de Swardt in the press release.
Pakistan less corrupt, according to global corruption list – The Express Tribune

Transparency International’s annual survey, which looked at 183 countries, ranges from zero (perceived to be highly corrupt) to 10 (thought to have little corruption)[/B

Read this line carefully. By this logic you are more corrupt than India & China. Need me to explain? It's just you have improved your position from last year. Still U r doing bad than India and China.

It could be spun both ways. Either Pakistan has become less corrupt or other countries have become more corrupt.

I'm disappointed though that we lost to Pakistan and Nepal on this ranking. This shows that many more Pakistanis and Nepalis are more aware that people in their countries are corrupt than Indians are aware of corruption in India.

ur conclusion is totally opposite to what these surveys actually portray,

surveys are nothing but a tool to portray popular sentiment

for all we kno this survey shows how people feel about there government, not how corrupt the actual govt actually is.
sheesh ...

one wonders how ever do they come up with such rankings? .. by surveying people thts how.

ur conclusion is totally opposite to what these surveys actually portray,

surveys are nothing but a tool to portray popular sentiment

for all we kno this survey shows how people feel about there government, not how corrupt the actual govt actually is.

Doesn't the last line in my post say exactly that?

Transparency International’s annual survey, which looked at 183 countries, ranges from zero (perceived to be highly corrupt) to 10 (thought to have little corruption)[/B

Read this line carefully. By this logic you are more corrupt than India & China. Need me to explain? It's just you have improved your position from last year. Still U r doing bad than India and China.

btw which logic are u referring to? yeah we have improved isnt that what the title of the thread says ...,..... btw u have also improved so congrats

This whole article can be defined as a AZZ KISSING wow

Just keep NATO routes blocked for 1 more week world will say Pakistan is Super Power of the world .

keep it coming suckers.

Doesn't the last line in my post say exactly that?

uh dont get ur logic...:undecided:

ur saying we being less aware to what happening arnd us ,compared to nepal and Pakistan ...has somehow increased our corruption levels on the survey index?how did tht happen?

or are u saying we actually lost, cus our ranking is better than pakistan and nepal?

fyi i did not analyze the survey.

Concerning about our own problem is good thing but under this extreme guilt concious don't change the facts. Go through the thread carefully.

uh dont get ur logic...:undecided:

ur saying we being less aware to what happening arnd us ,compared to nepal and Pakistan ...has somehow increased our corruption levels on the survey index?how did tht happen?

or are u saying we actually lost, cus our ranking is better than pakistan and nepal?

fyi i did not analyze the survey.

This survey shows how much people 'perceive' to be corruption in their country.

The key word is 'perceive'.

Hence, India being higher on the list than Pakistan only means that Pakistanis 'perceive' their country to me more corrupt than do Indians.

Obviously, those who 'perceive' worse are more likely to act against it and those who do not.

well we are not obessed like you guys to every time compares ourselfs with countries like indian or afghanistan. Its good that corruption decrease but i doubt this western surveys.

well we are not obessed like you guys to every time compares ourselfs with countries like indian or afghanistan. Its good that corruption decrease but i doubt this western surveys.

It's not obsession but healthy competition is always good. Don't mind.

So let me get this straight your only disappointed that Pakistan beat India on a list of corrupt countries. Obsess much. What it shows me is that your a bit of a plonker :hitwall:

List or no list Pakistan is way to corrupt.

So let me get this straight your only disappointed that Pakistan beat India on a list of corrupt countries. Obsess much. What it shows me is that your a bit of a plonker :hitwall:

List or no list Pakistan is way to corrupt.

Do you know the meaning of the word 'perceive'?

If you do, read post 11

Back
Top Bottom