Not open for further replies.

pak-marine

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan ka matlab kya…who cares?

April 1, 2011

The urban youth are starting to challenge the official narrative of history.Six odd decades after independence, we are still squabbling over the ideology of Pakistan, what it represents and what it means to be a Pakistani.

With the rise of social media and greater access to information, the urban youth are starting to challenge the official narrative of history. And hence, today the battle of the ideology of Pakistan is in full swing.

To me, Pakistan is an undeniable truth, much like Israel. Pakistan is a sovereign country – whether one agrees with the original ideology it is based upon is irrelevant. Like Israel, Pakistan is on the map and must be accepted.

Pakistan was carved out of British India, and while I understand that maybe an ideology was a necessity in Pakistan’s creation, I strongly feel that it has no use today.

Ideologies are obsolete

I am not talking about a specific ideology, rather calling the idea of having an ideology as obsolete.

Here’s why:

I am a third generation Pakistani.This is to say that I was born and bred as a Pakistani to parents who were born as Pakistanis themselves. I have always been a Pakistani and know not what it means or feels to be Indian, Afghani, Iranian, Arab or any other ancestral nationality. My CNIC, driving license and passport are green and the world makes sure to remind me of that at international airports.

Pakistan for me is geography, a place where I was born, a place where I will live, and a place where I will most likely die.

After Bengal split, the concept of ideology was reinforced on us because it was thought that Pakistan could only stay united under the banner of Islam.

This forced us to shy away from the mistakes we made in the past and continue to make today in Balochistan. The Aghaz-e-Haqooq-e-Balochistan by name is recognition by the federation that it denied justified rights to the people of Balochistan. These mistakes had nothing to do with ideology.

There is still hope

Anyone who saw the cricket love fest over the past few weeks would agree that Pakistan in itself has the power to unite. Living in Peshawar, I celebrated Imran Khan’s cornered tigers just like any other kid in Lahore, Karachi, Islamabad or Quetta and I cheered Lala’s boys like everyone from the Durand line to Dhaka.

Despite all its failings, Pakistan has united us – there is enough to embrace without a jaded ideology.

If we do away with the question of what Pakistan was meant to be, maybe we can resolve each individual problem on its own merit. It is time to break the shackles of the past in pursuit of the future.

It is time for Pakistan to elevate itself from being an ideological project into being a geography reality; and it is time for us to stop trying to be more than who we are – Pakistani.

Well every person has a different opinion, I think Pakistan was made for Muslims so that they could live without any hindrance under their own culture, the name Pakistan (Land of the Pure) itself tells you what was ideology in the minds of those who led Pakistan Movement...and i expect that we follow the constitution of 1973 and become an Islamic Democracy with freedom of Speech, Freedom of Expression, Rule of Law and a nation which has pride in its Muslim Identity.

One of the Most Amazing Videos about Pakistan I have ever seen till now...Do watch it ...am Proud to be a Pakistani !!! Cheers Everyone

Last edited by a moderator:
Well every person has a different opinion, I think Pakistan was made for Muslims so that they could live without any hindrance under their own culture, the name Pakistan (Land of the Pure) itself tells you what was ideology in the minds of those who led Pakistan Movement...and i expect that we follow the constitution of 1973 and become an Islamic Democracy with freedom of Speech, Freedom of Expression, Rule of Law and a nation which has pride in its Muslim Identity.

AMEEN BROTHER

1973 constitution was made under duress and extreme political turmoil, it was one of the worst times in our nations history. I'll not get into the details of who the architects of 1973 constitution were, or what was their agenda, however, I'll state a few sayings of Quaid-e-Azam M. A. Jinnah......

Go through the following and tell me what was in the mind of Pakistan's creator............. if it suffices, good, else let me know and I'll try to clarify further.............

1 : “….Religion should not be allowed to come into Politics….Religion is merely a matter between man and God”. [Jinnah, Address to the Central Legislative Assembly, 7 February 1935]

2 : “….in the name of Humanity, I care more for them [the Untouchables] than for Mussalmans. ” [Jinnah, Speaking about the Shudras or Untouchables, during his address at the All India Muslim League session at Delhi, 1934 ]

3 : “….I am NOT fighting for Muslims, believe me, when I demand Pakistan.” [Jinnah, Press Conference, 14 November 1946]

4 : “…. You are free to go to your temples, you are free to go to your mosques or to any other place of worship in this State of Pakistan. You may belong to any religion or caste or creed. That has nothing to do with the business of the State.” [Jinnah, Presidential address to the first Constituent Assembly of Pakistan, Karachi, 11 August 1947]

5 : “….no distinction between one community and another, no discrimination between one caste or creed and another. We are starting with this fundamental principle that we are all citizens and Equal citizens of One State.” [ Jinnah, Presidential Address to the first Constituent Assembly of Pakistan, 11 August 1947]

6 : “…. Now, I think we should keep that in front of us as our ideal, and you will find that in due course of time Hindus would cease to be Hindus and Muslims would cease to be Muslims, not in the religious sense because that is the personal faith of the individual, but in the political sense as citizens of the State “. [Jinnah, Presidential Address to the first Constituent Assembly of Pakistan, 11 August 1947]

7 : ” But make no mistake : Pakistan is NOT a theocracy or anything like it.” [ Jinnah, Message to the people of Australia, 19 February 1948 ]

Whenever Jinnah uses the terms “Islam” and “Islamic” with reference to Pakistan, they are by no means in the sense of a Shariah State. Instead of focusing on the apparent tenor, which more often than not remains subject to diverse interpretations, debate and dispute, Jinnah very wisely remains focused on the SPIRIT of Islamic teachings, which in essence is also the spirit of every single known revealed religion. Thus he succeeds in upholding the secular cause without sacrificing the elements of morality and universal appeal. This spirit, according to him comprises of three elements – Equality, Justice and Fairplay. Any state capable of providing these three to ALL its citizens, would be, for all practical purposes “Islamic” in nature. The following two references are worthy of consideration :

8 : ” The constitution of Pakistan has yet to be framed by the Pakistan Constituent Assembly…..Islam and its idealism have taught us democracy. It has taught Equality of men, Justice and Fairplay to ‘EVERYBODY’…..In any case Pakistan is NOT going to be a theocratic State – to be ruled by priests with a divine mission. We have many non-Muslims – Hindus, Christians and Parsis – but they are ALL Pakistanis. They will enjoy the SAME rights and privileges as any other citizens and will play their rightful part in the affairs of Pakistan.” [ Jinnah, February 1948.Talk on Pakistan broadcast to the people of USA]

9 : ” Why this feeling of nervousness that the future constitution of Pakistan is going to be in conflict with Shariat Laws ?……Islamic principles today are are as much applicable as they were 1300 years ago……Islam and its idealism have taught Equality, Justice and Fairplay to EVERYBODY.” [ Jinnah, 25 January 1948. Address to Bar Association Karachi ]

P.S. It's possible to be Muslim and to be secular simultaneously....... I know that it maybe a very difficult concept for you to comprehend, let alone digest............but what isn't -- after three decades of continuous brain-wash!

1973 constitution was made under duress and extreme political turmoil, it was one of the worst times in our nations history. I'll not get into the details of who the architects of 1973 constitution were, or what was their agenda, however, I'll state a few sayings of Quaid-e-Azam M. A. Jinnah......

Go through the following and tell me what was in the mind of Pakistan's creator............. if it suffices, good, else let me know and I'll try to clarify further.............

1 : “….Religion should not be allowed to come into Politics….Religion is merely a matter between man and God”. [Jinnah, Address to the Central Legislative Assembly, 7 February 1935]

2 : “….in the name of Humanity, I care more for them [the Untouchables] than for Mussalmans. ” [Jinnah, Speaking about the Shudras or Untouchables, during his address at the All India Muslim League session at Delhi, 1934 ]

3 : “….I am NOT fighting for Muslims, believe me, when I demand Pakistan.” [Jinnah, Press Conference, 14 November 1946]

4 : “…. You are free to go to your temples, you are free to go to your mosques or to any other place of worship in this State of Pakistan. You may belong to any religion or caste or creed. That has nothing to do with the business of the State.” [Jinnah, Presidential address to the first Constituent Assembly of Pakistan, Karachi, 11 August 1947]

5 : “….no distinction between one community and another, no discrimination between one caste or creed and another. We are starting with this fundamental principle that we are all citizens and Equal citizens of One State.” [ Jinnah, Presidential Address to the first Constituent Assembly of Pakistan, 11 August 1947]

6 : “…. Now, I think we should keep that in front of us as our ideal, and you will find that in due course of time Hindus would cease to be Hindus and Muslims would cease to be Muslims, not in the religious sense because that is the personal faith of the individual, but in the political sense as citizens of the State “. [Jinnah, Presidential Address to the first Constituent Assembly of Pakistan, 11 August 1947]

7 : ” But make no mistake : Pakistan is NOT a theocracy or anything like it.” [ Jinnah, Message to the people of Australia, 19 February 1948 ]

Whenever Jinnah uses the terms “Islam” and “Islamic” with reference to Pakistan, they are by no means in the sense of a Shariah State. Instead of focusing on the apparent tenor, which more often than not remains subject to diverse interpretations, debate and dispute, Jinnah very wisely remains focused on the SPIRIT of Islamic teachings, which in essence is also the spirit of every single known revealed religion. Thus he succeeds in upholding the secular cause without sacrificing the elements of morality and universal appeal. This spirit, according to him comprises of three elements – Equality, Justice and Fairplay. Any state capable of providing these three to ALL its citizens, would be, for all practical purposes “Islamic” in nature. The following two references are worthy of consideration :

8 : ” The constitution of Pakistan has yet to be framed by the Pakistan Constituent Assembly…..Islam and its idealism have taught us democracy. It has taught Equality of men, Justice and Fairplay to ‘EVERYBODY’…..In any case Pakistan is NOT going to be a theocratic State – to be ruled by priests with a divine mission. We have many non-Muslims – Hindus, Christians and Parsis – but they are ALL Pakistanis. They will enjoy the SAME rights and privileges as any other citizens and will play their rightful part in the affairs of Pakistan.” [ Jinnah, February 1948.Talk on Pakistan broadcast to the people of USA]

9 : ” Why this feeling of nervousness that the future constitution of Pakistan is going to be in conflict with Shariat Laws ?……Islamic principles today are are as much applicable as they were 1300 years ago……Islam and its idealism have taught Equality, Justice and Fairplay to EVERYBODY.” [ Jinnah, 25 January 1948. Address to Bar Association Karachi ]

P.S. It's possible to be Muslim and to be secular simultaneously....... I know that it maybe a very difficult concept for you to comprehend, let alone digest............but what isn't -- after three decades of continuous brain-wash!

Jinnah's Pakistan is DEAD and Buried. The day we all accept that , the better we have to see some sort of positive future for this beautiful piece of land and the muck that lives in it.

Pakistan ka matlab kia ? La illaha illalah.... Aur kia ? :hitwall:
Not to offend anyone..but the Phrase "La illaha illalah" means "There is only one god and that's Allah." Now how can anyone drive this from Pakistan...Though it makes an interesting Catch phrase for a Marketing Campaign.

Pakistan ka matlab kia ? La illaha illalah
Sounds jingoistic and does sway people a bit... But this phrase has outlived its purpose... there is a serious need to reinvent this so that the new catch phrase can support Pakistan at a global platform.

As I tell my Wahabo-Deobandi family members, who get irked just by seeing my face.......

"This is not Jinnah's Pakistan, this is Zia's Pakistan"

Vive la Empereur Abdullah-ibn-Abdilaziz :cheers:

Jinnah's Pakistan is DEAD and Buried. The day we all accept that , the better we have to see some sort of positive future for this beautiful piece of land and the muck that lives in it.

As I tell my Wahabo-Deobandi family members, who get irked just by seeing my face.......

"This is not Jinnah's Pakistan, this is Zia's Pakistan"

Vive la Empereur Abdullah-ibn-Abdilaziz :cheers:

Correction, it is Zia's Bakistan. And its Khadim-e-Harmain-Shareefian Abdullah-ibn-Abdullaziz. And our leader, Kalb-e-Saud.

Not to offend anyone..but the Phrase "La illaha illalah" means "There is only one god and that's Allah." Now how can anyone drive this from Pakistan...Though it makes an interesting Catch phrase for a Marketing Campaign.

Pakistan ka matlab kia ? La illaha illalah
Sounds jingoistic and does sway people a bit... But this phrase has outlived its purpose... there is a serious need to reinvent this so that the new catch phrase can support Pakistan at a global platform.
Pakistan was raised on the name of ISLAM. So that is why "Pakistan ka Matlab kia La illaha Illalah" is the right phrase. And it will remain the same till last Sun Rise... Though what abounds your upper chamber your replies only validate that! :omghaha:

Pakistan was raised on the name of ISLAM. So that is why "Pakistan ka Matlab kia La illaha Illalah" is the right phrase. And it will remain the same till last Sun Rise... Though what abounds your upper chamber your replies only validate that! :omghaha:

Well... as I said earlier.. there is need to reinvent the "Catch Phrase" for Pakistan... to Market country at global platform...You can rant all you want but the fact is that the existing catch phrase has failed to make an impact globally... Arabs don't consider you a part of them ..and you want to rip your self sway from your demographic profile.

Correction, it is Zia's Bakistan. And its Khadim-e-Harmain-Shareefian Abdullah-ibn-Abdullaziz. And our leader, Kalb-e-Saud.
This is the last address after which the Great General was killed. Watch the video and decide yourself

Well... as I said earlier.. there is need to reinvent the "Catch Phrase" for Pakistan... to Market country at global platform...You can rant all you want but the fact is that the existing catch phrase has failed to make an impact globally... Arabs don't consider you a part of them ..and you want to rip your self sway from your demographic profile.
As i mentioned previously... You are having an intense cognitive disorder. It's not your concern, We are not here for marketing our country at global platform. You yourself are free to do that. You can change it to Assam
Bodoland
Dravida Nadu
Kashmir
Khalistan
Nagalim
Tripura Dalitstan or whatever you like :)

Last edited:

Quite the idiotic statement. If you want to be a Hassan Nisar revisionist fan boy, then I have no objections. Zia might have been religious, but that in no way reflects that he was a fundamentalist. He didn't cheer lead Saudi Arabia. He used whatever options were available to him for the success of his nation. Unlike you democrazy supporters, that have elected leaders trying to sell the nation, his loyalty was to Pakistan. What escapes your simple minds is that if an organization such as the TTP existed during Zia's tenure, he would have buried them mercilessly.

Your convoluted thoughts are attributed to ignorance and riding the lib band wagon of bashing him. It's like a cult following.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom