What's new

Pakistan indigious frigate,destroyer,submarine?

farhan_9909

PROFESSIONAL
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
is ther any program to develop indigious frigate,destroyer,submarine

currently india commisioned its first stealth frigate and we are depended upon china and us..
why not to develop our own..if nt Submarine and destroyer
we must have to develop our own Frigate rrather than buying frigate frm other states.

Pakistan will likely cooperate with Turkey in building-up Pakistan's own industrial & research-development capacities in order to produce its own proper frigates. Examples of this include the naval cooperation agreement signed a few years back, as well as the PN's interest in having its corvette requirements fulfilled through locally built MILGEM corvettes. Another may be to have Turkey assist Pakistan in developing a naval research centre to carefully analyze the country's naval requirements & maritime concerns, and then to work on solutions. Hopefully all this will occur and further reinforce itself with Pakistan perhaps joining in as a development partner of the TF-2000 and TF-100 frigates.

Just need a more robust propulsion system , we already have agosta body work , just need to implement a better engine and internal systems I think with Turkey we should be able to upgrade the internals ...

While sharing the data on submarine manufactruing

Pakistan will likely cooperate with Turkey in building-up Pakistan's own industrial & research-development capacities in order to produce its own proper frigates. Examples of this include the naval cooperation agreement signed a few years back, as well as the PN's interest in having its corvette requirements fulfilled through locally built MILGEM corvettes. Another may be to have Turkey assist Pakistan in developing a naval research centre to carefully analyze the country's naval requirements & maritime concerns, and then to work on solutions. Hopefully all this will occur and further reinforce itself with Pakistan perhaps joining in as a development partner of the TF-2000 and TF-100 frigates.

Me just recently knew about the turkish tf-2000 frigate..never knew that turkish are such intelligent people..
6500tons frigate and yeah is it true they will join us in ther indigious frigate development...
any news about this?

Azad@@ i think with chineese help we must start a new Diesel sub program..it is better to invest in own development rather then buying subs frm france or germany..

Azad@@ i think with chineese help we must start a new Diesel sub program..it is better to invest in own development rather then buying subs frm france or germany..

You are right..Howeever some of the issues that i can think of

- I guess the biggest issue is funds....R&D are fukcing costly and results are time consuming as well as no gurantee of success...With limited budgets strategist are always in dilemna as to go after procurement or being indegenous....You got to have enough resources and funds to back parallel programs which is procurement as well as R&D

- Time is second most issue... Obviously with limited knowledge one will take longer time to create even basic thing as compared to others who have experience of decades in the same field....And by the time you bring in something to field the technology is almost on the verge of being obsolete...

Look at India's tejas program....Its specs had to be changed several times to ensure it can stand in today's world..However it added immensely to its cost and time period...

- Last but not the least by the time you would come with something on your own your adversary will buy something state of art which can simply outclass your product...

To conclude : Being indegenous is very important however for a country with limited resources and paltry budget its a war like scenario which you are on the verge of loosing...Pakistan best bet is in program's like JF-17...Baby steps but in right direction....

TF-2000 is in some countries as destroyers some even warships.
but turkey calls them frigates

You are right..Howeever some of the issues that i can think of

- I guess the biggest issue is funds....R&D are fukcing costly and results are time consuming as well as no gurantee of success...With limited budgets strategist are always in dilemna as to go after procurement or being indegenous....You got to have enough resources and funds to back parallel programs which is procurement as well as R&D

- Time is second most issue... Obviously with limited knowledge one will take longer time to create even basic thing as compared to others who have experience of decades in the same field....And by the time you bring in something to field the technology is almost on the verge of being obsolete...

Look at India's tejas program....Its specs had to be changed several times to ensure it can stand in today's world..However it added immensely to its cost and time period...

- Last but not the least by the time you would come with something on your own your adversary will buy something state of art which can simply outclass your product...

To conclude : Being indegenous is very important however for a country with limited resources and paltry budget its a war like scenario which you are on the verge of loosing...Pakistan best bet is in program's like JF-17...Baby steps but in right direction....

Right..
india is moving toward indigious weapons..
Indigious is better then high tech bought frm other countries
because you can gain expeiriance with it and can develop it as per your own requirements.
Pakistan air force has go one JV aircraft..
bt nothing for navy..
we should go for indigious frigate and subs..becasue in future it will low cost and can be sold to other states

You know Turkey has many naval defence programs now a days and It is also stated many times in international safe source that Pakistan-Turkey will produce naval assets jointly. Some source told that Pakistan is interested in Milgem corvettes, Others have pointed that Pakistan will be a partner of TF-2000 AAW program but We did not see any official decleration until now unfortunately.

Finally in 2010, Aselsan has officially released an official information about a Pakistani naval program. It was called "Pakistan Domestic Corvette" in Aselsan magazine. According to this official magazine, Aselsan is working on development for a Command-Control Center based on Genesis and Amiscos technologies for Pakistan.

I think Pakistan will take Milgem technology to develop own domestic corvettes as well.

Hope to see a cooperation for TF-2000 program as well...

Thanks cobalti and mustiiej.......
dont we make indiginous missile boats?larkana class and jallalat class?

if u r making any product..let it be the frigate,submarine,aircraft,tank or artillery for the first time it is way better to go into a joint development with any country who has more experience doing the same..

i wonder why didnt india go with joint ventures n co-development programs with tejas..as it is our first fighter plane..

Back
Top Bottom