What's new

Pakistan, India march into Champions Trophy semifinals

yes there are laws but lot of hassles.....convincing the authorities is biggest headache.

She went to Tsunami affected area and came across a 3 year old orphan girl(both the parents had been washed away in the waters) and spoke to the collector of that district. Though he was sympathetic, he showed his inability. Unfortunate - she deserves that much - she is a professor who guides many students through their doctorate programs - involved in guest lecturing across India.

What i advise you to sponsor a girl child whom you want to adopt from any adoption center and during wating period finance her education etc.till you get the custody of her....thats what sushmita did too for her first adoption.she adopted two girls

What i advise you to sponsor a girl child whom you want to adopt from any adoption center and during wating period finance her education etc.till you get the custody of her....thats what sushmita did too for her first adoption.she adopted two girls

Guess what - 3 years back, my wife(wanting to do something for a kid) enrolled in a program to sponsor a girl child and picked a child from a leading orphanage's website - No one got back to us. Disappointing.

But for us, we have our options - we are going in for a special needs girl from China(China has created a group where kids and babies with certain conditions(medical or age) are placed in that group and it is very fast - less than 1 1/2 years unlike the 7 year for the regular kids)

[:::~Spartacus~:::];3682029 said:
looks like a maternity home run by ajtr :lol:

Sorry guys - I derailed the thread. No fault of Ajtr. Actually was thinking to open a separate thread to discuss this.

She went to Tsunami affected area and came across a 3 year old orphan girl(both the parents had been washed away in the waters) and spoke to the collector of that district. Though he was sympathetic, he showed his inability. Unfortunate - she deserves that much - she is a professor who guides many students through their doctorate programs - involved in guest lecturing across India.
There was this muck spread by some people during tsunami time that christian adoption centers who were involved in relief work are converting the kids.After that c cries govt made adoption laws more strict.That may be one reason.Does she knows any minister etc...In such cases they only can help out.You cant expect anything from bureaucracy.Coz its too sensitive issue in the society.

I don't know how hockey works so congrats to Pakistan and India :enjoy:

Sorry guys - I derailed the thread. No fault of Ajtr. Actually was thinking to open a separate thread to discuss this.
adoption in western countries is much more complicated process as compare to pakistan , india or in others developing or poor nations
yea better have separate topic for advice on this serious matter :)

There was this muck spread by some people during tsunami time that christian adoption centers who were involved in relief work are converting the kids.After that c cries govt made adoption laws more strict.That may be one reason.Does she knows any minister etc...In such cases they only can help out.You cant expect anything from bureaucracy.Coz its too sensitive issue in the society.

Will wrap up now and will open a separate thread. :)

Guess what - 3 years back, my wife(wanting to do something for a kid) enrolled in a program to sponsor a girl child and picked a child from a leading orphanage's website - No one got back to us. Disappointing.

But for us, we have our options - we are going in for a special needs girl from China(China has created a group where kids and babies with certain conditions(medical or age) are placed in that group and it is very fast - less than 1 1/2 years unlike the 7 year for the regular kids)
Adoption is not like buying something over net.you have to visit the center and regularly check up with them or ask a local acquaintance to keep an eye on the center checking if whatever you are sending for the child is being spent on her.visit her school regularly keeping eye on her grades etc.talk to teacher principal ,her friends etc in schools.Reason being many adoption center takes the money and dont spend it on the kid you have chosen.

Adoption is not like buying something over net.you have to visit the center and regularly check up with them or ask a local acquaintance to keep an eye on the center checking if whatever you are sending for the child is being spent on her.visit her school regularly keeping eye on her grades etc.talk to teacher principal ,her friends etc in schools.Reason being many adoption center takes the money and dont spend it on the kid you have chosen.

We were not planning on adoption at that time. She just wanted to do something for some kids. She spoke to her friend who had grown up in that orphanage before trying to reach out to them.

Back
Top Bottom