What's new

Pakistan imported more than 39,000 Turkish semi-automatic pistols

Had army given me an order of 39000, I would have setup my own factory. The point being why can't we make them ourselves in POF or a new civilian setup instead of importing?

Had army given me an order of 39000, I would have setup my own factory. The point being why can't we make them ourselves in POF or a new civilian setup instead of importing?
POF makes only two type of pistols there are several Turkish companies which makes pistols like CANIK whose TP9 series is really popular these days. POF can't produce every rifle and pistol which is being produced in the world at maximum it should produce only three different Rifle series

And why do we need to produce every kind of pistol that is out there in the world?
Have you heard the term "Standard Military side Arm"? PA, PAF & PN need to come up with a side arm standard, Issue an international tender and do a 100% TOT.

Produce one version for the military and LEA, some others for civilian market (which is huge) and government should ban the import of all types of weapons for civilian market. Saves foreign exchange, stops smuggling, custom duty losses due to under invoicing, creates employment and control unauthorized sale of arms and ammo to undesirable elements.

On a side note, I have owned and used a Sarsilmaz B6 standard version. It (B6) is a clone of a clone (Tanfoglio), which is a clone of CZ75. Aesthetically it is a good looking gun with good build quality and fit and finish. The unit I owned was not very accurate and it's supposedly "glow in the dark" rear sight dot came flying out within first mag fire in Karsaz shooting range.

POF makes only two type of pistols there are several Turkish companies which makes pistols like CANIK whose TP9 series is really popular these days. POF can't produce every rifle and pistol which is being produced in the world at maximum it should produce only three different Rifle series

Here are a few examples of Turkish made semi-automatic pistols (world renown..)

GIRSAN MC28-SA and MC28-SAC semi-automatic pistols from Turkey
girsan%20-MC28-SA.JPG

Trabzon Gun Industry Corporation Trabzon Gun Industry Corp. Tisas Zigana 9mm 4.25
tifpiczifkbl.jpg

Canik TP9SA 9mm
canik-4.jpg

Sarsılmaz CM9
0ffbbb3fe07f7e24f8dde927d900a07b.jpg

Last edited:
And why do we need to produce every kind of pistol that is out there in the world?
Have you heard the term "Standard Military side Arm"? PA, PAF & PN need to come up with a side arm standard, Issue an international tender and do a 100% TOT.

Produce one version for the military and LEA, some others for civilian market (which is huge) and government should ban the import of all types of weapons for civilian market. Saves foreign exchange, stops smuggling, custom duty losses due to under invoicing, creates employment and control unauthorized sale of arms and ammo to undesirable elements.

On a side note, I have owned and used a Sarsilmaz B6 standard version. It (B6) is a clone of a clone (Tanfoglio), which is a clone of CZ75. Aesthetically it is a good looking gun with good build quality and fit and finish. The unit I owned was not very accurate and it's supposedly "glow in the dark" rear sight dot came flying out within first mag fire in Karsaz shooting range.

@Horus once said that the Sarsilmaz B6 will be adopted by the Army as a standard sidearm.

As you noted above, the pistol has quality issues which makes its adoption by Pak military unlikely.

Just bought a Canik this week from Mardan. I have heard Foreign imports have been stopped until end of this year.

If PA adopted it as their standard side arm, then it must have done its rigorous testing too, and it is quite possible that the military version is different/better than the civilian version that I had

@Horus once said that the Sarsilmaz B6 will be adopted by the Army as a standard sidearm.

As you noted above, the pistol has quality issues which makes its adoption by Pak military unlikely.

Back
Top Bottom