What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

By the way... I am interested in JF-17. Do you produce all of its parts locally? More specifically, do you produce the software systems, radar, missiles and engine locally?

JF-17's BVR capabilities look like a good complement to our aging F-16 fleet.

By the way... I am interested in JF-17. Do you produce all of its parts locally? More specifically, do you produce the software systems, radar, missiles and engine locally?

JF-17's BVR capabilities look like a good complement to our aging F-16 fleet.

Dig that information in JF-17 Threads.
JF-17 Thunder

I came across this video. its from the turkish airshow.
This is the BEST PAF F-16 performance i've seen (video quality wise and also in general).
Anyway, the narrator metions that this particular aircraft didn't have to come all the way from pakistan as it was there already, being upgraded by TAI.

So the question is how many are done so far?

Last edited by a moderator:

I came across this video. its from the turkish airshow.
This is the BEST PAF F-16 performance i've seen (video quality wise and also in general).
Anyway, the narrator metions that this particular aircraft didn't have to come all the way from pakistan as it was there already, being upgraded by TAI.

So the question is how many are done so far?

The JF-17 performance was actually more attractive than the F-16 IMHO.

It remind me with this

Here is another interesting video of the F-16 of the PAF.

Last edited by a moderator:
How's the current progress on MLU upgrades to PAF vipers by TAI?

Supplies paid for with a mix of Pakistani national funds and FMF include:

! up to 60 Mid-Life Update kits for F-16A/B combat aircraft (valued at $891 million, with $477
million of this in FMF, Pakistan currently plans to purchase 45 such kits and 8 have been
delivered to date);

extract from CSR report dated March 7th 2013.

Discord in the U.S.-Pakistan bilateral relationship beginning mid-FY2011 has slowed the pace of transfers considerably

1383889_670474002972570_1998448914_n.jpg

which airbase

Supplies paid for with a mix of Pakistani national funds and FMF include:

! up to 60 Mid-Life Update kits for F-16A/B combat aircraft (valued at $891 million, with $477
million of this in FMF, Pakistan currently plans to purchase 45 such kits and 8 have been
delivered to date);

extract from CSR report dated March 7th 2013.

Discord in the U.S.-Pakistan bilateral relationship beginning mid-FY2011 has slowed the pace of transfers considerably

Has the transfer been completed? Do you think Turkey could take over if the US stops it's cooperation completely?

Has the transfer been completed? Do you think Turkey could take over if the US stops it's cooperation completely?

I certainly doubt it. Turkey cannot produce certain parts and equipment required for the retrofit which come from the US. So while they are qualified to install the parts, they cannot produce exact replacements.

I certainly doubt it. Turkey cannot produce certain parts and equipment required for the retrofit which come from the US. So while they are qualified to install the parts, they cannot produce exact replacements.

From what Turkish members on here tell me, the Turks have been producing the F-16s for a while now, so why not?

Back
Top Bottom