What's new

Pakistan Eyes T-50 as Trainer Option

Something tells me more F-16s are on the way. T-50 is inspired by F-16s and can also perform duties in COIN as well as CAS role. It will be good in supporting PA thus freeing up rest of fleet for other duties.
PAF already has twin seat F-16.

I have heard here on Forum that PAF is more interested in JF-17 dual seat which might be coming in with the Block-II JF-17s may be this year.

Go for T-50 it is designed by looking to be the trainer for Fifth generation fighters

It seems like Pakistan is looking towards the General Electric F-404 engines to power the JF-17's in future along with manufacturing rights.

This aircraft would complement the F-16's of PAF and could also replace the FT-6 trainers.

This will be quite stupid frankly!!
What are we thinking that makes us plan induct a NEW South Korean trainer for the air force that will be mainly equipped with CHINESE fighter in the first place. Secondly it will be much more sensible to make a few twin seater JF-17, a few can equipped for dedicated CAS duties while others as LIFT. Rather then inducting yet another plane in small numbers.

JF-17 twin seater wont only offer platform similarity as trainer but will also give a dedicated Ground Support version also will help increase the numbers to be build for PAF and thus help keep the production line running for longer time and so bringing down the RnD costs that we have invested already. Also this will give a twin seat version for export export market. Win Win..

i think we need advance basic trainer 1st than any t-50 type trainer
i this regard
we talk with korean on KT-1

there is an alternative of T-50 is also available called
L-15

This will be quite stupid frankly!!
What are we thinking that makes us plan induct a NEW South Korean trainer for the air force that will be mainly equipped with CHINESE fighter in the first place. Secondly it will be much more sensible to make a few twin seater JF-17, a few can equipped for dedicated CAS duties while others as LIFT. Rather then inducting yet another plane in small numbers.

JF-17 twin seater wont only offer platform similarity as trainer but will also give a dedicated Ground Support version also will help increase the numbers to be build for PAF and thus help keep the production line running for longer time and so bringing down the RnD costs that we have invested already. Also this will give a twin seat version for export export market. Win Win..
It all makes sense for going after a supersonic trainer.
PAF has to replace FT-6.
T-50 would act as direct route to F-16s and JF-17's.
Expand PAC's production capabilities.
Reduce the price tag for the F-50 increasing sales to other markets.
T-50's can be used for Coin and CAS missions.

PAF has to replace FT-6.
t50 is also said to be lethal dogfighter.

T-50 Does kind of look like a Mini F16.

And a plus point is that You can weaponize them.

Their Direct competitor would be the BAE Hawk AJT

Indian Airforce and Navy currently operate around 90 of them, with another 50 on order.
IAF and HAL is looking to Weaponize 100 of these so that they can take up the role of CAS, currently performed by Mig27
Its part of the Budget optimization drive by the New Defence Minister, under which IAF has been asked to ensure optimum use of resources.
If a role can be performed by a 10 Million USD Trainer, then their is no need to induct a 120 Million Rafale for that Role

PAF has to replace FT-6.
Well now check how the JF-17 fits in all these above mentioned roles and you will see what i am pointing to. After canceling all these one on one basis, in the end the JF-17 additionally provides uniformity of platform, giving all the above mentioned suport to a home grown plane and expanding our own potential :)

If some oil miracle happens or our economy improves drastically than we can work on J-31 as well as design new Jet with China may be try to come up with something similar to F-22 Raptor but still 3 4.5 Generations are must to counter entire Indian 4.5 Generation fleet
well i have already shared my reply to that, the focus RIGHTLY seem to be on JF-17. To add to it, there have been numerous statemtns from PAF top officials that sed more light on this.

It make sense when one is a light fighter and the other medium wt fighter is sanctionable/ no codes and less in numbers. J31 if and when [after a decade] becomes operational will not replace old fighters/unit
Hmmm now this fear of sanction do sounds a bit more realistic. The only likely reason can be that PAF is considering them as an option same as F-16. However the old love story with F-16 continues (again,, RIGHTLY) so what are the indicators for this change of mind? Also please note that if PAF opts for J10 as a front line fighter to fight side by side with F-16 and in case of sanctions, take over the role of F-16 as the front line fighter, then these will have to be inducted in larger numbers. 72 to 76 i would say to equip four squadrons. Getting some 15 20 30 planes of a totally different type, developing maintenance facilities, training expenditure etc is something we cannot afford financially even if procurement itself is being funded by someone else. That too i guess should be used on something more appropriate. I love the concept of FC20 or J10B in PAF color and i know it will be a big step forward but i feel we wont be able to do that as there are so many above mentioned factors in play here.

Well now check how the JF-17 fits in all these above mentioned roles and you will see what i am pointing to. After canceling all these one on one basis, in the end the JF-17 additionally provides uniformity of platform, giving all the above mentioned suport to a home grown plane and expanding our own potential :)

well i have already shared my reply to that, the focus RIGHTLY seem to be on JF-17. To add to it, there have been numerous statemtns from PAF top officials that sed more light on this.

Hmmm now this fear of sanction do sounds a bit more realistic. The only likely reason can be that PAF is considering them as an option same as F-16. However the old love story with F-16 continues (again,, RIGHTLY) so what are the indicators for this change of mind? Also please note that if PAF opts for J10 as a front line fighter to fight side by side with F-16 and in case of sanctions, take over the role of F-16 as the front line fighter, then these will have to be inducted in larger numbers. 72 to 76 i would say to equip four squadrons. Getting some 15 20 30 planes of a totally different type, developing maintenance facilities, training expenditure etc is something we cannot afford financially even if procurement itself is being funded by someone else. That too i guess should be used on something more appropriate. I love the concept of FC20 or J10B in PAF color and i know it will be a big step forward but i feel we wont be able to do that as there are so many above mentioned factors in play here.
I hardly trust PAF statements because I have a close relative in PAF and for some reason they don't tell exact things and sometimes tell totally different things which we read and hear on this forum

I hardly trust PAF statements because I have a close relative in PAF and for some reason they don't tell exact things and sometimes tell totally different things which we read and hear on this forum
oo bahi but we have tried all these relatives as well already haven't we??? 90% of the things coming here based on Information from a close friend in the forces have turned out to be false. Not pointing out at you, but generally this is how it have been. :)

Back
Top Bottom