What's new

Pakistan Education updates

Prime Minister Imran Khan on Friday inaugurated Kohsar University in Murree.

The Punjab House of Murree
has also been included in the Kohsar University to expand its premises and academic blocks while special disciplines of Hotel Management and promotion of tourism are being introduced in the university besides other faculties

Addressing the inauguration ceremony of Kohsar University in Murree, the prime minister said that the incumbent government was striving for the betterment of the masses.

“Kohsar University will help in promoting tourism in the region,” Imran Khan said while emphasizing that Pakistan’s future lies in tourism.

He shared how Switzerland having less area and scenic spots than Pakistan’s northern areas was earning US$60 billion through the tourism industry.

LUMS, Lahore.....

1619905148600.png

Supreme Court of Pakistan while reviewing a report submitted by Sindh Government for fighting COVID-19 .

The court termed the report filed by the Sindh government unsatisfactory. Huge amount had been shown to have been allocated for education, health, water supply and sanitation, infrastructure development but the bench noted that these funds apparently were not applied in these sectors.

The court also noted that the Government of Sindh had spent an enormous and staggering amount of US $2600 Million on Sindh Education Sector Reforms Project (SERP-II) Project during the period 2013-2017. Despite spending such huge amount in the education sector in the province of Sindh, apparently, nothing had changed in the standards of education in the Province, as the literacy rate in the Province continues to be at dismal state.

The court also noted that the Advocate General Sindh had not appeared personally in such an important case relating to the Government of Sindh. Additional Advocate General was not aware of the reason for non-appearance of the Advocate General. The court asked the Advocate General to submit a written reply within a period of 15 days.

Pakistan asks Huawei for help in setting up media technology university.

Minister for Information and Broadcasting Chaudhry Fawad Hussain discussed cooperation with Huawei Technologies delegation in the realm of digitalization and effective implementation of e-governance in the different government institutions of Pakistan.

He said that the government’s plan for a paperless official working environment was being pursued vigorously. Emphasizing the need to follow e-governance, he said that all-out efforts would be made for provision of broadband and internet services aiming at a broader outreach, both for the general public and the government.

The minister also apprised the delegation about the government’s initiative to establish a media technology university and said that Huawei’s cooperation would be welcomed in making state-of-the-art and technically well-equipped modern education institutions.

1620423631917.png

Government College Lahore, Circa 1880.

1621360543400.png

Photograph By An Unknown Photographer In The 1880's, Part Of The Dunlop Smith Collection. Sir Charles Aitchison Album Of Views In India And Burma.

A General View Of The Gothic Government College At Lahore (Now In Pakistan), Completed In 1877. Lahore On The Ravi River, Has Been The Provincial Capital Of The Punjab For Centuries, And Has Had Several Periods Of Development Under Mughal, Sikh, And British Rule, All Of Which Left It Embellished With Architecture.

It Achieved Its Greatest Glory Under The Mughals, From The 1520's To The Early 18th Century, When It Become Known As The 'City Of Gardens'.

© British Library

Punjab announces to vaccinate university students

Web Desk
May 24, 2021

Punjab vaccinate students

LAHORE: Punjab Health Minister Dr Yasmin Rashid announced on Monday that the provincial government has decided to vaccinate all students of medical universities and colleges in the province, ARY News reported.

The decision was taken in a meeting chaired by the Punjab Health Minister Yasmin Rashid at Civil Secretariat Lahore to review the coronavirus situation in the province.

The meeting also decided to vaccinate staff of banks, industries, educational institutions among 30 other important departments.

Speaking on the occasion, the Punjab health minister said that the vaccination process is continuing smoothly in the province as 124,000 people vaccinated across the province during the past 24 hours.

“Punjab government is taking measures to further expand the scope of vaccination process in the province,” she said in a meeting.

Punjab Health Minister Dr Yasmin Rashid on Sunday said that strict restrictions during Eid had yielded positive results with overall cases in the province going below 1,000 mark.

Dr Yasmin Rashid had said that only 502 ventilator beds are currently being used out of the availability of 20,922 of them province-wide. “Out of 2,818 oxygen beds, we are currently using 818 of them,” she said.

The health minister stressed the need to wear masks and said that 72 per cent of people could avoid contracting the virus by adopting it.

I am not trolling . But what I feel about Pakistani students is that they all are after govt jobs . No one is interested in innovation , entrepreneurship etc . please correct me if I am wrong in an civilized manner

I am not trolling . But what I feel about Pakistani students is that they all are after govt jobs . No one is interested in innovation , entrepreneurship etc . please correct me if I am wrong in an civilized manner
Sadly what you say is true but things are changing now, especially in Islamabad, Rawalpindi, Lahore and Karachi.

Back
Top Bottom