What's new

Pakistan defence budget for 2014-15 $11.30 billion

Shabaz Sharif

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
So Pakistan actual defence budget for 2014-15 is Rs. 1113bn out of total Rs. 4302bn budget. Which mean around 26% of total budget. And looking at around 29.07 trillion GDP, it means 3.8% of GDP! Don't get fooled by $7 billion figure.

Last edited:
So Pakistan actual defence budget for 2014-15 is Rs. 1113bn out of total Rs. 4302bn budget. Which mean around 26% of total budget. And looking at around 29.07 trillion GDP, it means 3.8% of GDP! Don't get fooled by $7 billion figure.
How so ?

Pakistan is fighting a war for more than a decade and i think even foreign aid is not enough ..
i couldn't care less if ur defence budget is even more,,,,just remember u guys have taken an 11 billion$ imf loan too

damn pakistan has really gone crazy................3.8% of gdp!!

I believe its even higher then this, because size of their army is almost touching 700,000 troops and if u add air force and navy then it comes close to the mark of a million and that along with special funds for nuclear weapons, which costs pakistan around 2 billion $ to hold (acc. to some reports).

I thinks their unofficial def budget is around $15 billion.

This is not a new thing, Pension, CSF and a few other expenses have been excluded from 'defense budget' header since Musharraf's time. Pakistan defense expenditure has been consistently upwards for 3% of GDP, since last ten years.

Back
Top Bottom