What's new

Pakistan Civil Aviation | Information & News.

Correction there, it has 3 A332's.

Interesting choice with the A320, would be much better than the 737 and be economical and also be used on the long haul route to Europe.

From Pakistan, Europe isn't exactly a long haul, and Airbus A320s are definitely not long haul planes. In any case, the problem is also the way our Airports are built. No one wants to transit through Karachi and Lahore. Look at Gulf airlines, Etihad, Emirates, Qatar......with new fleets they also got new airports that are designed to easily transfer people between connections. So people coming from Far east can easily transit to next one on the way to west.

Plus A340s and 777-200 LR do make long hauls possible, flying 15 hours or more non-stop.

I don't fly PIA from UK or USA, i mean do i want a transit through Lahore/Islamabad on my way to Karachi or via Dubai? My Choice is pretty easy.

I hope New Islamabad Airport can make it easier.

Secondly, PIA really needs to get load back on it's aircraft.....and the way to do that is to fly more non-stop flights to the west....and stop flying 747s and 777s on local routes. 747s and 777s can only pay back on long routes. For short routes like Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad and in between PIA needs to look at Jets like A319 or maybe even Embraer, operating them as shuttles. They small and efficient, so turnaround times are less

From Pakistan, Europe isn't exactly a long haul, and Airbus A320s are definitely not long haul planes. In any case, the problem is also the way our Airports are built. No one wants to transit through Karachi and Lahore. Look at Gulf airlines, Etihad, Emirates, Qatar......with new fleets they also got new airports that are designed to easily transfer people between connections. So people coming from Far east can easily transit to next one on the way to west.

Saudia flies to Germany with a 320, so do some other airlines. Biman flies to 5 hour journeys. Some American carriers as well.

5-6 hour flights on a 320 is long haul by narrow body standard IMO. Definitely a quantum leap with the 737. SAI flights from Lahore to the western region of Middle East make stops in Karachi etc.

I don't fly PIA from UK or USA, i mean do i want a transit through Lahore/Islamabad on my way to Karachi or Dubai? Choice is pretty easy.

I hope New Islamabad Airport can make it easier.

I didn't quite get you there...I am not really familiar with PIA flight schedule but doesn't it do direct to UK?

I agree though that having stops with PIA flights at airports like JIAP and AAIA is tough for pax. What is the need to do a stop at Lahore or Karachi while going to New York from Isl???

Secondly, PIA really needs to get load back on it's aircraft.....and the way to do that is to fly more non-stop flights to the west....

It is losing alot of traffic to ME carriers. People prefer a flight on EK or EY or some other airline to their base in ME (People don't really complain with a 5 hour stop in Dubai!), and then proceed further to Europe/US.

Karachi is a lost cause. EK does 5 flights a day to Karachi!!!

With the bad publicity, people who cannot afford EK choose SAI or Air Blue instead of PIA then!!

Saudia flies to Germany with a 320, so do some other airlines. Biman flies to 5 hour journeys. Some American carriers as well.

5-6 hour flights on a 320 is long haul by narrow body standard IMO. Definitely a quantum leap with the 737. SAI flights from Lahore to the western region of Middle East make stops in Karachi etc.

I didn't quite get you there...I am not really familiar with PIA flight schedule but doesn't it do direct to UK?

I agree though that having stops with PIA flights at airports like JIAP and AAIA is tough for pax. What is the need to do a stop at Lahore or Karachi while going to New York from Isl???

It is losing alot of traffic to ME carriers. People prefer a flight on EK or EY or some other airline to their base in ME (People don't really complain with a 5 hour stop in Dubai!), and then proceed further to Europe/US.

Karachi is a lost cause. EK does 5 flights a day to Karachi!!!

With the bad publicity, people who cannot afford EK choose SAI or Air Blue instead of PIA then!!

This time when i went back home from London Heathrow, the PIA 777 went via Lahore to Karachi, and we didn't even get off the plane, 2 hours on the plane. They dropped the Lahore passengers off and took Lahore to Karachi passengers on. I mean i don't want that. PIA does fly direct to Pakistan but only a handful of flights.

I agree that Europe is achievable with A320s, but then considering on that distance, you might wanna up the plane to a higher passenger carrier to make more money, like 777 or 747. That's why we have Emirates and Lufthansa flying A380s to Europe.

I flew PIA first time internationally, this time, cause they price difference was almost 200 quid, otherwise i always fly Qatar or Emirates. It's just easy to stroll around Dubai airport.

This time when i went back home from London Heathrow, the PIA 777 went via Lahore to Karachi, and we didn't even get off the plane, 2 hours on the plane. They dropped the Lahore passengers off and took Lahore to Karachi passengers on. I mean i don't want that. PIA does fly direct to Pakistan but only a handful of flights.

I can only imagine your plight!!! I once had the same situation, the bigger problem though was that the there was some APU problem, and the AC was not working quite up to the standard, and the FA told me that this is standard (as if I was a illiterate aloof from aviation!)

I agree that Europe is achievable with A320s, but then considering on that distance, you might wanna up the plane to a higher passenger carrier to make more money, like 777 or 747. That's why we have Emirates and Lufthansa flying A380s to Europe.

EK flies A380 to Jeddah!!! But we are talking about SAI. New 320's mean that load from 330 can be taken off and 330 can be better utilized for true long haul routes rather than doing hops to ME. Frequency of flights could be altered, so could the number of destinations.

A win win for SAI this!!!

Right now PIA has ordered 5 777-300ER and got an option of 5 more...I think PIA should avail option too....with that the strength of 777 will be of 19 including 13 777-300ER. and that will be enough for international routes and for HUJJ operations. For domestic use, PIA should acquire around 10 A-320 on lease;

@Donatello , I searched a bit about the direct flight to US thing, and the problem is that US does not allow direct PK flights to mainland US (security concerns). So PIA flights have to make a stop over at some EU country for a second security clearance by US agents (even though US agents are present at Pak airports as well), and also a detailed security check of aircraft and pax.

PIA prefers the stop to be at Manchester...

Last edited by a moderator:
Right now PIA has ordered 5 777-300ER and got an option of 5 more...I think PIA should avail option too....with that the strength of 777 will be of 19 including 13 777-300ER. and that will be enough for international routes and for HUJJ operations. For domestic use, PIA should acquire around 10 A-320 on lease;
They should throw away those ugly whales, the a310's.

@Donatello , I searched a bit about the direct flight to US thing, and the problem is that US does not allow direct PK flights to mainland US (security concerns). So PIA flights have to make a stop over at some EU country for a second security clearance by US agents (even though US agents are present at Pak airports as well), and also a detailed security check of aircraft and pax.

PIA prefers the stop to be at Manchester...
I think it will be replaced by Shannon in a few months.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it will be replaced by Shannon in a few months.

Good thing you mentioned it.

Why the heck is PIA restarting Shannon? I have no idea about the load factor on this route or anything, but word has it that a group of industrialists and businessmen met Rental Raja and urged him to restart Shannon flights.

PIA cancelled it due to low pax load.

Let's see whether the load now after restarting is more significant...

Good thing you mentioned it.

Why the heck is PIA restarting Shannon? I have no idea about the load factor on this route or anything, but word has it that a group of industrialists and businessmen met Rental Raja and urged him to restart Shannon flights.

PIA cancelled it due to low pax load.

Let's see whether the load now after restarting is more significant...
It was mentioned somewhere last year that PIA had to make longer stays at Manchester for flights to America due to security clearances/baggage checks etc but the process at Shannon is much more easier and less time consuming.

It was mentioned somewhere last year that PIA had to make longer stays at Manchester for flights to America due to security clearances/baggage checks etc but the process at Shannon is much more easier and less time consuming.

I don't suppose that there would be any guarantees for that!!! US Agents can always be a handful!

But I suppose that the supposedly less traffic at Shannon would have been taken into consideration, coupled with perhaps lower landing and parking charges.

The third Shaheen A-330 AP-BKN has arrived at Jinnah International.

313742_407960155954119_1416189380_n.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/ShaheenAirOfficial

PIA introduces Boeing 777 to Leeds Bradford Airport

Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) has announced the introduction of Boeing 777 operations on their non-stop services from Leeds Bradford Airport (LBA) to Islamabad.

This larger aircraft, renowned for its comfort and spaciousness, will offer enhanced cabin facilities providing 35 business class seats and 294 in economy. Passengers in both economy and business class will benefit from increased leg room and a wide selection of refreshments from lights snacks to delicious meals.
Comprehensive in-flight entertainment with the latest films, music and games will also be available.

PIA has introduced the Boeing 777 aircraft due to the high demand from travellers in Bradford and the surrounding Yorkshire region who want to fly to and from Pakistan from their local airport.
The airline will introduce the aircraft on the existing twice weekly LBA schedule on a Wednesday and Saturday.
Tony Hallwood, Commercial Director at LBA, said: “We have been working closely with the local community and businesses to introduce Boeing 777 operations at LBA.

"We are now delighted that we have been able to secure this important PIA Boeing 777 flagship service to meet the growing demand from both the Yorkshire region as well as the airline’s customers in Islamabad”
Pakistan International Airline’s Manager at Leeds Bradford, Muhammad Shafique added: “This is excellent news for Leeds Bradford and the entire region that we serve, confirming our confidence in LBA’s status as Yorkshire’s premier international gateway for our customers. With the upgraded facilities available on the Boeing 777 for both business and leisure travel, alongside a competitive fare, we are confident that more Yorkshire passengers will decide to fly with PIA.".

PIA introduces Boeing 777 to Leeds Bradford Airport (From Asian Image)

Flydubai starting 3 weekly flights to Multan in march

Flights to the north-eastern city of Silkot and Multan, located in central Pakistan, will operate three times a week from 13 March 2013 and 14 March 2013 respectively.

FlyDubai's CEO, Ghaith Al Ghaith, said, "Our flights to Karachi have been busy since operations began in June 2010. With a significant number of expatriates living in the UAE, and established trade links, we expect these new destinations to be equally successful as people seek affordable fares between our nations."

Flight Details

Sialkot: Flights to Sialkot will operate on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. FZ337 is scheduled to depart Dubai Terminal 2 at 0025, arriving in Sialkot at 0425 local time. Return flight, FZ338, will leave Sialkot at 0525, landing in Dubai at 0815 local time.

Multan: Flights to Multan will operate on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. FZ339 will take-off from Dubai Terminal 2 at 0030, landing in Multan at 0405 local time, with return flight FZ340, departing Multan at 0505, with a scheduled arrival time in Dubai of 0715 local time.

All fares are inclusive of taxes plus one piece of hand luggage weighing up to 7kg and one small laptop bag or handbag. Once on board, passengers can choose from a range of optional extras, including in-flight entertainment packages or select from the varied menu of refreshments and Duty Free items.

FlyDubai expands Pakistan network | FlyDubai | AMEinfo.com

Back
Top Bottom