What's new

Pakistan Army promotions

now here's my theory.

CoAS Kiyani gets a extension of min. 1 year. and now since IG-FC has been promoted to Lt.Gen, he has a 3-year extension in his tenure. look for Lt.Gen. Tariq Khan to be the 'Win" horse for the position of the next CoAS. (in 1-yr or 2-yr depending on Kiyani's extension).

any takers!

According to rupeenews, there are four possible choices:

1. Lieutenant-General Nadeem Taj will likely be the second in line for the army’s top job, the spymaster who was the ISI Director-General in September 2007.

2. Lieutenant-General Khalid Shameem Wynne, who leads the Quetta-based XII corps and the army’s southern command, appears the third in line for the top job.

3. The current COAS, General Kiyani is given an extension despite current denials.

4. Other General who could supersede the above.

In the current scenario, the option #4 seems to be more viable and I am on board with you to see Tariq being the next COAS.

now here's my theory.

CoAS Kiyani gets a extension of min. 1 year. and now since IG-FC has been promoted to Lt.Gen, he has a 3-year extension in his tenure. look for Lt.Gen. Tariq Khan to be the 'Win" horse for the position of the next CoAS. (in 1-yr or 2-yr depending on Kiyani's extension).

any takers!

After lots of detailed analysis, i think Kayani will take an extension and that too of two or three years.. There are 15 generals who are scheduled to retire in 2010 and i think Kayani will take extension and his CGS Lt Gen Mustafa and Commander Army Strategic Force Lt Gen Absar will also get extension... However, the new Joint Chief will be Admiral Noman Bashir since he has political backing as well (his brother is Salman Bashir)

and after the passage of two to three years Tariq Khan will be senior general and then he can be appointed as a COAS. Yes he will ultimately become Chief since Americans also likes him ... They awarded him legion of merit medal as well... right now he cant become Chief as there are a lot of senior Lt Gens in the Army above him and if a junior becomes Chief the senior Lt Gens usually seeks retirement which will deplete the present Army command so my bet is Kayani now will take extension of at least 2 years if not 3 years in order to prepare Tariq ! In the meanwhile Tariq might be given command of X corps and staff appointment of CGS and he will fully prepared after a few years time !

According to rupeenews, there are four possible choices:

1. Lieutenant-General Nadeem Taj will likely be the second in line for the army’s top job, the spymaster who was the ISI Director-General in September 2007.

2. Lieutenant-General Khalid Shameem Wynne, who leads the Quetta-based XII corps and the army’s southern command, appears the third in line for the top job.

3. The current COAS, General Kiyani is given an extension despite current denials.

4. Other General who could supersede the above.

In the current scenario, the option #4 seems to be more viable and I am on board with you to see Tariq being the next COAS.

rupeenews!:rofl:

Special mention of Lt Gen Athar Abbas ... He is a very capable soldier and has proved himself time and again specially in his last assignment DG ISPR.. I think when Gen Tariq will be made Chief .. Gen Abbas should be made Joint Chief

now here's my theory.

any takers!

Well that would depend on Tariq Khan commanding a corps, as he just got promoted and to become a COAS he needs corps command experience. I think he will get the Peshawar Corps due to his experience as Peshawar Corps commander is gonna retire this year by Oct as he is already on extension.

But lately due to Tariq's some media related statements criticism of some kind he has gotten himself in little bit trouble, so hope that doesn't affects his future promotion.

Well that would depend on Tariq Khan commanding a corps, as he just got promoted and to become a COAS he needs corps command experience. I think he will get the Peshawar Corps due to his experience as Peshawar Corps commander is gonna retire this year by Oct as he is already on extension.

But lately due to Tariq's some media related statements criticism of some kind he has gotten himself in little bit trouble, so hope that doesn't affects his future promotion.

yes you are right ... few sources have also mentioned that Peshawar corps commander does not want to continue till October .. he want to take release due to personal basis... so Tariq Khan might go there by next month i think so

Two major generals to get promotions

Staff Report

ISLAMABAD: The top military brass has decided to promote two major generals to the rank of lieutenant-general as part of regular army promotions, defence sources told Daily Times.

Major General Asif Yaseen and Major General Syed Muhamad Owais are likely to get the promotions, but there is nothing in writing so far, sources said.

Maj-Gen Yaseen is presently posted at the Inter-Services Intelligence. After getting promoted, he is tipped to replace Peshawar Corps Commander Lt-Gen Masood Aslam, who is on extension.

Maj-Gen Owais is working as the Air Defence Directorate director general. After the promotion, he is likely to replace Lt-Gen Muhammad Ashraf Saleem, the Army Air Defence commander, who is retiring on March 31.

^as far as Gen.T/Khan goes, i dont think his comments have got him into any 'problem' with the media - by the way who dosnt have a problem with the media?

i think his role in commanding the FC in the ops may be just as valuable, experience-wise as commanding a corps, but thats just MO.

^as far as Gen.T/Khan goes, i dont think his comments have got him into any 'problem' with the media - by the way who dosnt have a problem with the media?

i think his role in commanding the FC in the ops may be just as valuable, experience-wise as commanding a corps, but thats just MO.

No Sir, his comments did not got him in trouble with the media, rather his open criticism on some operational issues were not viewed positively by the top brass as they were not to be aired in the media even though if he was facing some problems from the army.

Two major generals to get promotions

Staff Report

ISLAMABAD: The top military brass has decided to promote two major generals to the rank of lieutenant-general as part of regular army promotions, defence sources told Daily Times.

Major General Asif Yaseen and Major General Syed Muhamad Owais are likely to get the promotions, but there is nothing in writing so far, sources said.

Maj-Gen Yaseen is presently posted at the Inter-Services Intelligence. After getting promoted, he is tipped to replace Peshawar Corps Commander Lt-Gen Masood Aslam, who is on extension.

Maj-Gen Owais is working as the Air Defence Directorate director general. After the promotion, he is likely to replace Lt-Gen Muhammad Ashraf Saleem, the Army Air Defence commander, who is retiring on March 31.

so this means that 15 maj gen are being promoted. 13 were announced last week

Can anyone tell who is expected to be the next Chief of Army Staff?:victory:

Does anyone knows when the 13 maj generals will be promoted ?? it was in the news after March's Corps Commanders Conference ... will they be promoted one by one as senior lt gens retires or they all will be promoted in one go ?

DAWN.COM | Pakistan | Army Chief promotes three Major Generals

Army Chief promotes three Major Generals

Thursday, 08 Apr, 2010

ISLAMABAD: Army Chief General Ashfaq Pervez Kayani on Thursday promoted three generals to the rank of Lieutenant Generals. The promoted officers include former DG ISPR Major General Waheed Arshad.

Sources revealed that Major General Rashid Mehmood, Major General Haroon Aslam and Major General Waheed Arshad have been promoted as Lieutenant Generals.

New transfers and appointments are also likely in the military set up soon.—DawnNews

Lt Gen Waheed Arshad appointed Inspector General Training and Evaluation
RAWALPINDI: Vice Chief of General Staff Lt General Waheed Arshad on Monday has been formally appointed Inspector General Training and Evaluation.

According to military sources, he will take charge of his new duties from next month as currently Lt General Ahsan Azhar Hayat is serving as IG training Aviation and his tenure expires next month thus will retire.

Military Sources further confirmed the appointment of Waheed Arshad.

Back
Top Bottom