What's new

Pakistan and India have lost interest to study in Britain.

That, and the fact that the UK universities now charge 9k GBP per year to domestic students, but supply loans. And 13k GBP for international students with no loans and hardly any support for living costs.

It is simply too expensive to study here as an international student. That's there are mostly 'monied' students from China, Gulf states here.

And students of Gulf states especially from Saudi Arabia are studying for free... Their govt is paying everything.. Apart from their fee, 1000GBP for accommodation + 4000 GBP for health insurance. They even don't need money from their house for their personal expenses.

But the best thing about studying in UK is that you can complete your degree in 3 years and even in 2 years using an accelerated course option. I doubt that any other country offers such option.

Last edited:
There are many reason why international student lost interests in UK

1) Tough immigration rules for applying student visa. You pay huge immigration fees which is non refundable if visa get refused and now your appeal rights are also limited when you challenge this decision of rejection

2) Now they have introduced this annual healthcare surcharges for each year of study which you have to pay in advance whether you actually use their health care facilities or not

3) They have reduced working hours for student from 20 to 10 hours per week and in most cases no work permitted if you are studying in private institution or studying undergraduate courses

4) They made it tough for your family to come in uk as your dependent and again you must be studying at postgraduate or higher level courses last more than one years to bring your family in uk with you

5) they quit the post study work experience visa or IGS(international graduate scheme ) visa for international students which used to give this opportunities of getting two years work experience in Uk after completing your education

6) They have increased the tuition fees for EU/Home students as well as international students

If you still prefer to visit Uk then you are most welcome :)

Its money that is the issue. The international student fee is even too much for well off pakistanis and there are no scholarships. American unis are expensive but they give scholarship hence the reason many pakistanis apply there. On the otherhand universities in far east and china are attracting pakistanis and so are australian universities where you can get a job easily afterwards

There are many reason why international student lost interests in UK

1) Tough immigration rules for applying student visa. You pay huge immigration fees which is non refundable if visa get refused and now your appeal rights are also limited when you challenge this decision of rejection

2) Now they have introduced this annual healthcare surcharges for each year of study which you have to pay in advance whether you actually use their health care facilities or not

3) They have reduced working hours for student from 20 to 10 hours per week and in most cases no work permitted if you are studying in private institution or studying undergraduate courses

4) They made it tough for your family to come in uk as your dependent and again you must be studying at postgraduate or higher level courses last more than one years to bring your family in uk with you

5) they quit the post study work experience visa or IGS(international graduate scheme ) visa for international students which used to give this opportunities of getting two years work experience in Uk after completing your education

6) They have increased the tuition fees for EU/Home students as well as international students

If you still prefer to visit Uk then you are most welcome :)

I don't agree with point 4. One of my friend has recently graduated & his family has been visiting him almost every year.

Education is the biggest service through which Australia earn billions of dollar and through which they subsidies education for there citizen... After completing eduction they have policy of no job until permimant visa.... No student have permanent visa so they send them back and all the money get wasted.....

I don't know latest rules but my friend studied their for two years in a diploma and got permanent residence as per their law, which stated that if a person have stayed for studies for 2 years he is eligible for permanent residence. Canada have 1 year restriction for MS level students at least.

That, and the fact that the UK universities now charge 9k GBP per year to domestic students, but supply loans. And 13k GBP for international students with no loans and hardly any support for living costs.

It is simply too expensive to study here as an international student. That's there are mostly 'monied' students from China, Gulf states here.

Bhai kahaa thaaa aaaap ko keh purrr looo koi scholarship mil jaiii giii but no someone wanted to chase after potential Mrs.Jungibaaz 24/7 ! :tsk:

You don't have to go through all this if you go to study in Australia and Canada and may be Germany.

Which country is the best option among these to get settled on a student visa?

I don't agree with point 4. One of my friend has recently graduated & his family has been visiting him almost every year.
You can apply to bring a dependant to the UK if you’re:

• sponsored by a higher education institution on a course at NQF level 7 or above that lasts 1 year or more
  • a new government-sponsored student on a course that lasts longer than 6 months
  • a Doctorate Extension Scheme student
They’ll also have to pay the healthcare surcharge as part of their application. Check how much they’ll have to pay before they apply

Tier 4 (General) student visa - GOV.UK

and level 6 is undergraduate, level 7 is postgraduate and level 8 is MPhil or Phd

You can apply to bring a dependant to the UK if you’re:

• sponsored by a higher education institution on a course at NQF level 7 or above that lasts 1 year or more
  • a new government-sponsored student on a course that lasts longer than 6 months
  • a Doctorate Extension Scheme student
They’ll also have to pay the healthcare surcharge as part of their application. Check how much they’ll have to pay before they apply

Tier 4 (General) student visa - GOV.UK

Bro, they have been visiting him on a visit visa.. They go quite often.

I was born here and lost interest in studying here, or anywhere for that matter.

Thanks

Bro, they have been visiting him on a visit visa.. They go quite often.

I was talking about restriction on dependent visa
I was not talking about visit visa which restrict your right of work and staying with your partner in uk as his/her partner during his/her study period

Bhai kahaa thaaa aaaap ko keh purrr looo koi scholarship mil jaiii giii but no someone wanted to chase after potential Mrs.Jungibaaz 24/7 ! :tsk:

Brother, I studied hard up till later schooling, whence I became an idiot, much potential there was, alas... a man without a scholarship, burdened with debt, and a janitor on PDF, this is what's become of yours truly. :D

And students of Gulf states especially from Saudi Arabia are studying for free... Their govt is paying everything.. Apart from their fee, 1000GBP for accommodation + 4000 GBP for health insurance. They even don't need money from their house for their personal expenses.

But the best thing about studying in UK is that you can complete your degree in 3 years and even in 2 years using an accelerated course option. I doubt that any other country offers such option.

Sometimes it's their government paying expenses, other times they're on sponsored terms from companies like Aramco, RasGas, at least, this is the case with engineering. Also, I'd say even 10k GBP in expenses per year is not much for some of them.

In fact, I've also come across some baby faced boys driving racing red sports cars while attending their courses.

Although, it must be said, at the very least, they have the right idea to throw money at some kid's future, as opposed to where it could be spent elsewhere.

I've seen plenty of idiots among this group and quite a few normal, hard working students.

how cool is it man..students do not pay anything for their expenses??? I am jealous for them....How fortunate these students...??

Back
Top Bottom