What's new

Pakistan, Afghanistan sign landmark transit fee accord on CASA-1000 energy

L O L even PML_N spokesperson cb4 himself dont know. :omghaha:

You people cry when there is no electricity and you people cry when you have it available .You are part of a group that needs attention all the time. I feel sorry for you.. .I really do.... You need a psychiatrist or yourself to solve your issues

Unit price is 5.1 cent plus 1.25 cent transit fee. Basically very cheap compared to what Pakistan have right now.

The agreement was signed after the price was negotiated down from the initial asking price of 2.5 cents to 1.25 cents per KW. T

CASA-1000: Pakistan, Afghanistan agree electricity transit fee – The Express Tribune

Where does it say that is the cost of electricity? Use your common sense. Have you ever heard of electricity costing 1.25 cents? Only thing that has been decided if we choose to accept the electricity is that 1.25 cent surcharge will be added on to the price of the received electricity which will go to Afghanistan. It says that in the heading of the article link you posted as well.

Here v go again, y would v need such kinda agreements when v can produce our own electricity on massive skills, this is completely a force agreement pushed by USA & World Bank in order to redirect Pakistan's nation's thinking out of building new dams, v literary don't have the shortage of electricity in our Country, it is nothing but a fraud with Pakistani People!

Here v go again, y would v need such kinda agreements when v can produce our own electricity on massive skills, this is completely a force agreement pushed by USA & World Bank in order to redirect Pakistan's nation's thinking out of building new dams, v literary don't have the shortage of electricity in our Country, it is nothing but a fraud with Pakistani People!

USA didn't pushed people to appose Kalabagh Dam, neither it pushed Pakistanis to forget building dams in last few decades - there is limit of blaming others for your own blunders. Anyway welcome to forum.

And how do you think USA hasn't and it has not been? Our Government is completely under control in US, they do what they have told by mighty US, I can give you many examples, First of all the had the issue about Gawadar being handed over to china, and yes everyone knows y would they fear? And I believe you do as well, if not, let me know I will explain you in a better way, Secondly, the war against Pakistan to destabilize It's economy and security just like Iraq was started ages ago when we probably weren't born at the time, and thirdly. but not finally we as a stable nation plus good economy plus Nuclear technology plus one of the best militaries in the world is a direct threat for USA and it's allies (offcourse that's what they think, not Pakistanis) we can have their funds, we can have their aid, we can have their military support against fighting insurgents in Pakistan but we cannot have the post valuable thing from them which is sympathy. I hope this answer of mine will satisfy you, and thank for your hospitality,
USA didn't pushed people to appose Kalabagh Dam, neither it pushed Pakistanis to forget building dams in last few decades - there is limit of blaming others for your own blunders. Anyway welcome to forum.

This project will create lot of new jobs and economic activity in both countries. Will also become a source of revenue for Afghansitan.

Well, why particularly this project? If we really want to have an economic growth in both Countries than there are thousands of other ways, I give you an example, let's say, gawadar becomes fully operative, this will bring at least 2 million jobs for Pakistanis and at least 30000 jobs for People of Afghanistan, not only that the economic growth in Afghanistan will become 16% which is now only 4.1% according to world Bank, because Afghanistan is a land lock Country and it is highly dependable on Countries that has ports, and they cannot deal with Iran because of US sanctions, but they certainly can with Pakistan, and also if both of the Countries comes to the Conclusion that no one attacks each other borders and will respect each other's sovereignty, and also Afghanistan can get benefits from Pakistan's stable and large economy as it always has in the past, their are lots of Afghani's who still own businesses inside Pakistan, and I believe they are far more richer than our local People.
This project will create lot of new jobs and economic activity in both countries. Will also become a source of revenue for Afghansitan.

it was easier if this stupid Dar would go to iran.. why pay over somthing from our pocket when we sud save.. i think its a stratigic thing which usa wants pakistan to go in .instead of tilting towards iran. they want their intrest and unfortunatily our so called Leaders have their intrests instead of Pakistan First.

and off course I forgot to mention, that China did offered us hundred times cheaper electricity than this dodgy agreement, it didn't worked out because Chinese Government didn't offered our beloved Politicians a certain amount of commission.

I did read it. you should read it before giving out clues. tell us the price /kwh, we are paying to the producer. cause that1.25 cents is the the transit rate per kilowatt fee. Not the price to be paid to the producer. who will pay for the line losses since this is a Long line?
1-Cost of supply for host nation (Tajikistan) 1.5 Centrs/KHW, Afghanistan 6 Cents/KHW and Kyrgizstan (Confidential).
2-Supply costs include the cost of line losses.
http://www.tajikembassy.pk/pdf/SA_Energy_CrossBorder.pdf
Projects : Central Asia South Asia Electricity Transmission and Trade Project (CASA-1000) | The World Bank

it was easier if this stupid Dar would go to iran.. why pay over somthing from our pocket when we sud save.. i think its a stratigic thing which usa wants pakistan to go in .instead of tilting towards iran. they want their intrest and unfortunatily our so called Leaders have their intrests instead of Pakistan First.
After it has been discussed to death that Pakistan can not settle financial transactions with Iran. some people just keep jumping in threads with their pipe dreams. Iran did provide electricity to some areas of balochistan but the settlement was again in barter.

Last edited:
US should not be trusted, that is given. But on a pragmatic side it does not hurt Pakistan to take advantage of US handicap situation in Central Asia. Without Pakistan, US will be routed out for good from the region and Pakistan establishment and people should aware of their position (if not already). Having said that US is in do or die competition with China and Russia over Central Asian energy and "SILK ROAD" that if successful will ultimately challenge US position in entire EU and in Asia. In order for US version of "SILK ROAD" to go forward, it is in US best interest NOW (it was not in last 20 years) to NOT push instability in Pakistan and Afghanistan. Another important country for US "SILK ROAD" and central asian plan is Iran and that is why US is desperately (despite internal Jews lobby) trying to normalize relation with Iran.But Iran will never give unwavering space as did during Shah.

So, from a geo political and economic standpoint, Pakistan can take advantage from both competing sides (US vs China &Russia) and advance its position.

If anyone here aware of Pakistani think tanks/establishment thinking on these upcoming development, please post. I would be very interested to learn.

Would have been cheaper if we went directly to iran , now we have to pay middle man price

Back
Top Bottom