What's new

pakdef and pakistanidefence A salute to warriors past and lost

My main problem with PakDef’s death is the disappearance of real wealth of information on Pakistan’s military, this wasn’t on the forum but rather on the main website. Information on famous battles, exercises etc all disappeared.

Yeah. No archive to go back on, lots of valuable info was lost.

Salute and respect to all those internet warriors.
I joined PDF in 2007/08, but when i moved to UK, i changed my username. It was tough time indeed over social media, i remember browsing Pakdef and other forums to get insight and had a great battles with Indians on orkut and their forums.

My main problem with PakDef’s death is the disappearance of real wealth of information on Pakistan’s military, this wasn’t on the forum but rather on the main website. Information on famous battles, exercises etc all disappeared.
I have hard copies of all the PAF books (except the 1988-1999 one) and tons of Jane's material. We can recreate an archive with all that info, just lacking the time and energy to do it, but we should eventually. I don't mind a 'Pakistan Armed Forces Library' type project.

I have hard copies of all the PAF books (except the 1988-1999 one) and tons of Jane's material. We can recreate an archive with all that info, just lacking the time and energy to do it, but we should eventually. I don't mind a 'Pakistan Armed Forces Library' type project.
@jaibi @Horus seems interesting...

We had one during my time as the TT Chairman but it requires actual staffing and serious work. We did make some headway but had to stop because of personal life. I would support this project as well, of course but we need to get some firepower for it as it's considerable work.

@PDF

It really was like that till 2013ish but then I think the world changed.
The cool thing about the original PDF was that it was basically a forum full of kids, and run by kids. I don't think anyone was older than 24-25 in 2002-2003, but the majority were definitely 13-19. It was also mostly expatriate kids in the Gulf, UK, US and Canada as well, and lots of military brats. So, beyond having a common interest, we all had a lot of commonalities. The friendships there ran a little deeper.

We had one during my time as the TT Chairman but it requires actual staffing and serious work. We did make some headway but had to stop because of personal life. I would support this project as well, of course but we need to get some firepower for it as it's considerable work.

@PDF
You can assign this task to younger, more energetic members while you oversee their progress.

Back
Top Bottom