What's new

pakdef and pakistanidefence A salute to warriors past and lost

The cool thing about the original PDF was that it was basically a forum full of kids, and run by kids. I don't think anyone was older than 24-25 in 2002-2003, but the majority were definitely 13-19. It was also mostly expatriate kids in the Gulf, UK, US and Canada as well, and lots of military brats. So, beyond having a common interest, we all had a lot of commonalities. The friendships there ran a little deeper.

There was a great contrast between PakDef and PakistanidefenceForum. I preferred PakDef for the quality of the discussion and the caliber of the posters such as Mansoor Ahmed, among others. PakDef has a policy of blanket ban of indian members, which I think should be replicated by all Pakistani mediums. The faster Pakistan can cut off ties with India at all levels, the better. There’s no point giving space to bad faith and hateful enemy. From Bollywood, cultural ties to common interactions, Pakistan has to walk away from India. PakDef was ahead of the curve at the time, on this regard. Unfortunately, H Khan ruined a great forum with his ego and needless fights with other members.

There was a great contrast between PakDef and PakistanidefenceForum. I preferred PakDef for the quality of the discussion and the caliber of the posters such as Mansoor Ahmed, among others. PakDef has a policy of blanket ban of indian members, which I think should be replicated by all Pakistani mediums. The faster Pakistan can cut off ties with India at all levels, the better. There’s no point giving space to bad faith and hateful enemy. From Bollywood, cultural ties to common interactions, Pakistan has to walk away from India. PakDef was ahead of the curve at the time, on this regard. Unfortunately, H Khan ruined a great forum with his ego and needless fights with other members.

What was H Khan main issue? I know he was a strong member did have an ego.

What was H Khan main issue? I know he was a strong member did have an ego.

He chased everyone away because of his egotistical personality and belittling other members. Many great members left due to this, especially @Bilal Khan (Quwa) Then ultimately no one was left and the forum died even though members chipped in money to keep it afloat.

Sadly, Syed and other senior admins like Usman Shabbir didn’t contain him.Unfortunate, because he had wealth of information and provided consistent stream of information on key developments on Pakistan’s military.

He chased everyone away because of his egotistical personality and belittling other members. Many great members left due to this, especially @Bilal Khan (Quwa) Then ultimately no one was left and the forum died even though members chipped in money to keep it afloat.

Sadly, Syed and other senior admins like Usman Shabbir didn’t contain him.Unfortunate, because he had wealth of information and provided consistent stream of information on key developments on Pakistan’s military.
It was a really dumb issue too Lol. Literally, all I did was quote (and even paste) some excerpts from a Turkish defence magazine about Pakistan looking at the T129 and the MILGEM. It had direct quotes from our officials too. The guy basically said none of that was true, and then went on long rants about how it couldn't happen, will never happen, etc. I then refuted him. He then started editing or deleting my posts. I then called quits.

It was a really dumb issue too Lol. Literally, all I did was quote (and even paste) some excerpts from a Turkish defence magazine about Pakistan looking at the T129 and the MILGEM. It had direct quotes from our officials too. The guy basically said none of that was true, and then went on long rants about how it couldn't happen, will never happen, etc. I then refuted him. He then started editing or deleting my posts. I then called quits.

LOL! I remember very well. Other members stood up to him too. Anyways, H Khan showed leaders need to have good people skills. I think some of his behavior could be attributed to the fact that some members faced court martial for leaking information on PakDef. Otherwise great guy but I didn’t appreciate that part of his personality.

I started off on "Defenders of Pakistan" run by Syed Amir Hussain, then moved to Pakdef.com(and also PakistanDefenceForum.com). With the demise of all three platforms, I have found myself here. I have used Different Tags at each forum, and here i am as "Ali_baba".

The original creator of Pakdef, has tried to recreate that site again called PakMil - "https://www.pakmil.net/forum" but, things are slow and it may take a year or so for forum to become viable if they are patient.

Well remembered. Defenders of Pakistan (DoP) was the first pakistani military forum, around circa 1998. Members then moved to the PakDef bulletin board which was brilliant at the time. Shamyl Effendi was the main PAF news provider/poster at the time. He was quite a character.

Pakistanidefence then grew and stayed for a good few years. It had a huge following but too many jokers, infighting (who remembers Lulldapul?) and a decline in quality posts. It did get better towards the end though. I recall this site PDF was around, but was absolutely terrible, mostly kids.

Well remembered. Defenders of Pakistan (DoP) was the first pakistani military forum, around circa 1998. Members then moved to the PakDef bulletin board which was brilliant at the time. Shamyl Effendi was the main PAF news provider/poster at the time. He was quite a character.

Pakistanidefence then grew and stayed for a good few years. It had a huge following but too many jokers, infighting (who remembers Lulldapul?) and a decline in quality posts. It did get better towards the end though. I recall this site was around, but was absolutely terrible, mostly kids.
There was a forum on ezBoards too with usmanali, ameer kiani, vikasrehman, etc -- what was that called?

He was more of the mindset he didn’t want to be proven wrong. However, editing others posts to discredit someone is beyond wrong.

There was a forum on ezBoards too with usmanali, ameer kiani, vikasrehman, etc -- what was that called?

Not sure mate but may have been the temporary counter to pakistanidefence when many members fell out with the webmaster so created their own board. Didn't last long though. All those guys you mentioned were still posting on pakistanidefence, but it was a sad reminder to the divisions and feudalistic nature of our society.

LOL! I remember very well. Other members stood up to him too. Anyways, H Khan showed leaders need to have good people skills. I think some of his behavior could be attributed to the fact that some members faced court martial for leaking information on PakDef. Otherwise great guy but I didn’t appreciate that part of his personality.

:o: Hold up court martial? This is new to me probably after I left must’ve happened their any article on this? What ranks were they.

Not sure mate but may have been the temporary counter to pakistanidefence when many members fell out with the webmaster so created their own board. Didn't last long though. All those guys you mentioned were still posting on pakistanidefence, but it was a sad reminder to the divisions and feudalistic nature of our society.
no it wasn't one of those counter-sites (e.g., PakRev, PakMil, etc) but it came before they formed pakistanidefence. It was a really good place for scoops back in the day.

I was on pakdef or Pakistandefenceforum as well. I dont remember now but one of the forums had defence news updates for every month.

I was on pakdef or Pakistandefenceforum as well. I dont remember now but one of the forums had defence news updates for every month.
Yea pakistanidefence had a news website plus database on each armed forces asset with some basic info. That's how I learned about the FC-1/Super-7.

Yea pakistanidefence had a news website plus database on each armed forces asset with some basic info. That's how I learned about the FC-1/Super-7.

My main problem with PakDef’s death is the disappearance of real wealth of information on Pakistan’s military, this wasn’t on the forum but rather on the main website. Information on famous battles, exercises etc all disappeared.

Back
Top Bottom