What's new

Pak SC Orders Corruption Probe Against PM Nawaz Sharif

So now...it means tht its only one Suo moto case..which is regd panama leaks investigation..and tht Sheikh Rasheed's original petition will not be heard now..which was on disqualification?

I am not too sure! Supreme court still insisting on reply to the petitions means something I believe.

I don't know if any other law would prevail over tax laws. Also I don't know if authorities can cross refer the old tax returns to base their arguments and evidence ........ but FBR is handicapped they cannot do anything for all previous years through 2011.

That's just FBR, other organizations can go through everything to look for evidence of corruption, fraud, etc.

but correct me, if I am wrong.. does it also mean...tht now all petitions have been merged into one...tht is regd panama leaks investigation..and Shaikh Rasheed's petition which was purely related to perjury and disqualification of PM, will not be heard separately? now its one case which relates to only investigation of panama leaks? any legal expert here?

Not a legal expert but Asad Kharral explains it beautifully. The Judge will have SC powers, which means practically unlimited power. This is why the Attorney General who is supposed to represent the federation but was acting like a personal slave of Nawaz Sharif was resisting the Suo Moto.

http://www.siasat.pk/forum/showthre...proceedings-of-Supreme-Court-regarding-Panama

but correct me, if I am wrong.. does it also mean...tht now all petitions have been merged into one...tht is regd panama leaks investigation..and Shaikh Rasheed's petition which was purely related to perjury and disqualification of PM, will not be heard separately? now its one case which relates to only investigation of panama leaks? any legal expert here?

Here are the prayers made by PTI (IK)

PRAYER

In view of the above, it is therefore most respectfully prayed that:

Respondents No.1, 9and 10 be declared to be disqualified to be Members of the National Assembly.

Direct recovery of looted / laundered money along with properties purchased through British Virgin Island Companies and companies in other safe havens.

A direction may kindly be issued to Chairman NAB / Respondent No.2 to discharge his obligations under S.18 read with S.9 of the National Accountability Ordinance 1999 and complete investigation in mega corruption cases pending for the last fifteen years.

Respondent No. 4 /Secretary Interior be directed to take steps for placement of the name of Mian Nawaz Sharif and his family members named in Panama Leaks on ECL.

Respondent No. 3 /Secretary Law and Respondent No.2 / Chairman NAB may kindly be ordered to initiate claims on behalf of Government of Pakistan for recovery of the properties in question.

Respondent No. 5 / FBR be directed to probe and minutely scrutinize the tax returns and assets declarations of the Respondent and the entire Sharif family.

Any other relief, direction or order deemed just and proper may also be afforded, issued and given.

Please notice first prayer, also the order @Farah Sohail

Respondents are NS, Dar & Safdar

In my view most important question here is not what Nawaz Sharif would do but what would Imran Khan do?
Having seen Imran Khan go back on his promises in the previous dharna, what happens if the Supreme Court verdict goes against PTI?

A reminder of Imran Khan’s volte- face and treatment of the previous CJ. Here Imran is supporting a rally in support of Ch. Ifitkhar in 2007.

http://www.thefridaytimes.com/tft/who-needs-enemies/

In July 2012, parliament unanimously approved Mr Fakhreddin G as chief election commissioner (CEC). Under his leadership, the electoral body took several important measures to ensure electoral transparency.

http://www.dawn.com/news/1130474

I have heard Imran Khan in one of the talk shows saying the Fakhreddin G Ebrahim was an honourable man. Certainly there were no great cries from PTI on his appointment as Chief Election Commissioner. Everyone knows how Imran accused both the CJ & CEC of being active accomplices in rigging the elections when PTI failed to best PML-N.

Frankly, I have to see to believe that Imran Khan would accept Supreme Court verdict if it goes against him.

1103836490-1.gif

Its a game of mutually assured destruction now. Everyone will take time

I've got to give it to this Judiciary. status Quo are being slammed one judgement after another of Judiciary.

What would Bilawal and Fazlu and likes of them say now?

So since this Panama leaks how many trillionaire's, billionaire's, millionaire's or even thousandaire's have been brought to justice after investigations. Are there some examples, i mean Pakistan may not even form 0.01% of panama leaks scandal and the major part would belong to the developed nations, who are the champions of rule of law and justice.
And who the hell are these politicians to decide on what terms of reference the case would be followed up, they are the accused party, since when the accused decide how justice would be done, it was from the first day responsibility of judiciary to take lead on this matter, either on it's own or following a complaint.

Waiting for the miracle .......may be SC judge stand up for justice . Unfortunately our politicians crippled all accountability institutions and now only way is show of street power.

As usual PMLn disobey SC and didn't submit any papers. ......prolong till 29 ....Last day of Gen Raheel.

Imran Khan is not a opposition leader, double shah is but he is also part of the same corrupt mafia.

This is call politics. There are not only black and white, they are also 50 shades of grey in politics.

Back
Top Bottom