What's new

Pak plans to add 24 N-capable missiles

ANG

Reaction score
Country
Azerbaijan
Arms race: 24 more missiles to be added to arsenal – The Express Tribune

Published: July 25, 2011
The addition would be the highest production in a single year.
ISLAMABAD:

Pakistan plans to add at least two dozen nuclear-capable, short-range missiles to its swelling arsenal this year, sources said in a revelation that indicates a growing ‘urge’ in the powerful security establishment to seek ‘strategic parity in the region’.

If the government successfully achieves its target, this would be the highest number of missiles Pakistan had ever produced in a year.

These air-to-air and surface-to-air missiles would be able to hit a target at a distance between 700 to 1,000 kilometres, which would put nearly all major Indian cities within their range.

Sources said the plan was in line with Pakistan’s official policy of having what is rhetorically called ‘maintaining a minimum deterrence’ especially against India.

They added that the Strategic Plans Division (SPD) — a high powered body that oversees Pakistan’s nuclear arsenal — was also supervising the production of new missiles.

The SPD works under the National Commands Authority (NCA) that is headed by the prime minister and has all services chiefs as its members.

Sources said it was in one of the recent NCA meetings that SPD briefed the authority about the plan that envisaged the production of highest number of missiles ever in a year.

The disclosure comes on the heels of reports earlier in the year that Pakistan was rapidly adding to its nuclear arsenal and the number of its warheads might have surpassed France.

Officials in Islamabad have denied those reports but insiders said Pakistan has been ‘watching closely with concern’ India’s increasing nuclear cooperation with the United States and France.

“That is the benchmark… if we see something happening in India on this front, naturally we react and we have to,” said one official.

Published in The Express Tribune, July 25th, 2011.

^^^ Air to air and surface to air missiles are strategic?

Pathetic reporting...

Arms race: 24 more missiles to be added to arsenal – The Express Tribune

Published: July 25, 2011
The addition would be the highest production in a single year.
ISLAMABAD:

Pakistan plans to add at least two dozen nuclear-capable, short-range missiles to its swelling arsenal this year, sources said in a revelation that indicates a growing ‘urge’ in the powerful security establishment to seek ‘strategic parity in the region’.

If the government successfully achieves its target, this would be the highest number of missiles Pakistan had ever produced in a year.

These air-to-air and surface-to-air missiles would be able to hit a target at a distance between 700 to 1,000 kilometres, which would put nearly all major Indian cities within their range.

Sources said the plan was in line with Pakistan’s official policy of having what is rhetorically called ‘maintaining a minimum deterrence’ especially against India.

They added that the Strategic Plans Division (SPD) — a high powered body that oversees Pakistan’s nuclear arsenal — was also supervising the production of new missiles.

The SPD works under the National Commands Authority (NCA) that is headed by the prime minister and has all services chiefs as its members.

Sources said it was in one of the recent NCA meetings that SPD briefed the authority about the plan that envisaged the production of highest number of missiles ever in a year.

The disclosure comes on the heels of reports earlier in the year that Pakistan was rapidly adding to its nuclear arsenal and the number of its warheads might have surpassed France.

Officials in Islamabad have denied those reports but insiders said Pakistan has been ‘watching closely with concern’ India’s increasing nuclear cooperation with the United States and France.

“That is the benchmark… if we see something happening in India on this front, naturally we react and we have to,” said one official.

Published in The Express Tribune, July 25th, 2011.

there is something seriously wrong in this part!!

there is something seriously wrong in this part!!

That's the only part you found wrong?
It mentions two dozen nuclear-capable, short-range missiles but says target at a distance between 700 to 1,000 kilometres
Obviously as you pointed out, the S2A and A2A part has to be wrong. If it is right then why would you need it to be nuclear???
Also since when has a civil nuclear partnership called for further build up of arms???
... insiders said Pakistan has been ‘watching closely with concern’ India’s increasing nuclear cooperation with the United States and France.“That is the benchmark… if we see something happening in India on this front, naturally we react and we have to,” said one official.

So are these nuclear missiles, or SAMS or AAMS or AGMS or what? I am confused :what:. The distance, the terms, the definition etc of all these missiles is wrong.

some drunkard must have reported this!!

what i feel he is talking about is AMRAAMs and AGMs neither of which will be nuclear instead will be conventional!

but in my opinon an aresnal of 100 missiles a piece for india and pakistan is enough to destroy each other 100 times over!! and yet this testostrone thing of having more and more never ends!!! no one seems to have learnt from the cold war!!! today the US,UK & RUSSIA are decreasing their stocks of missiles and we in south asia are doubling!!!

some drunkard must have reported this!!

what i feel he is talking about is AMRAAMs and AGMs neither of which will be nuclear instead will be conventional!

but in my opinon an aresnal of 100 missiles a piece for india and pakistan is enough to destroy each other 100 times over!! and yet this testostrone thing of having more and more never ends!!! no one seems to have learnt from the cold war!!! today the US,UK & RUSSIA are decreasing their stocks of missiles and we in south asia are doubling!!!

I Think you are doubling @ fast rate... not us... i hope so...

writer need very badly to join defence.pk someone please send him link and invite him here .:P

sir u took my words..............i think he can from PDF he can atleast learn the diffrence between RAAD and HQ9,,,,,,,,,,,,,a2s,s2a respectivly

Adding '24 missiles' to the arsenal in a year has to refer to ballistic missiles, especially given the ranges of 700 to 1000.

AGM's and A2A missiles would be acquired in much larger numbers, and their acquisition/production would not really be that significant of a development.

This should address the skepticizm, to some extenet, in some quarters about Pakistan's nuclear warhead delivery platforms.

No name of the author. Close this thread. Its based on stuuuuuuupid information.

Sometimes journalists are not experts and therefore make elementary mistakes. But the general message is cool that pakistan is arming itself to the teeth. With freinds like the americans it is only prudent to arm oneself.

Back
Top Bottom