What's new

Pak denies any 48-hour deadline

indians please stop posting from times of india

Pakistan has a wild wild west situation going on. We have our hands full with killing terrorists.

A lot of militancy is there which we are fighting against. There is always the possibility that one of them had a grudge to grind against India. However that does not implicate Pakistanis, ISI, or even Hamid Gul. We've killed many terrorists acting against foreign nations from Pakistani soil, for India it should be no different.

But the problem starts when India starts demanding people be handed over and implicating the Pakistani government.

Does this explain why Hamid Gul is there is the list:

Hameed Gul is in loop with Al Qaeda: US secret document

Updated at: 1400 PST, Sunday, December 07, 2008

ISLAMABAD: A US secret document has declared ISI former chief, General Hameed Gul maintaining links with the Taliban and Al Qaeda network besides being involved in arranging financial assistance to them.

The two-page unsigned document had already been provided to the government. Sources on the condition of anonymity told that Hameed Gul has been blamed for arranging financial assistance to the criminal groups operating in Kabul beside he has been involved in recruiting the youths from seminaries and giving them training in subversion, who allegedly launch assaults on the Allied Forces with high-tech weapons.

Hameed Gul is one of the five former ISI officials, whose names Washington has recommended to the UN Security Council for their inclusion in the list of international terrorists. Earlier, US government Deputy spokesperson had denied sending any such list to the UN, while Hameed Gul has termed this report ridiculous.

http://www.thenews.com.pk/updates.asp?id=61923

This is a Pakistani source. So no doubt about its credibility!

Last edited:
The Pakistani Foreign Ministry has refuted the deadline - official confirmation or denial pretty much trumps the ubiquitous 'anonymous sources' any day.

Investigations into LeT links started pretty much the day the Indian media ran with the Faridkot stories. US intelligence sharing was confirmed by Ambassador Haqqani as well, and can be seen in the transcripts of his interviews I posted. So the whole issue of 'deadline to do something' makes no sense, since investigations had already been started.

The Pakistani Foreign Ministry has refuted the deadline - official confirmation or denial pretty much trumps the ubiquitous 'anonymous sources' any day.

Investigations into LeT links started pretty much the day the Indian media ran with the Faridkot stories. US intelligence sharing was confirmed by Ambassador Haqqani as well, and can be seen in the transcripts of his interviews I posted. So the whole issue of 'deadline to do something' makes no sense, since investigations had already been started.

There are some surprises for you in store!

Take some time to see the latest developments on the other threads. Now Guardian and Observer are running with the same arguments too.

What is India's interest in it?

The Taliban are OUR enemies. We will try them.

The interest is obvious.

Taliban rule was a period when Afghanistan turned into a den of terror against India. We have obvious interest to see them never to return anywhere near Kabul.

But if they are your enemies too that makes them common enemies.

The interest is obvious.

Taliban rule was a period when Afghanistan turned into a den of terror against India. We have obvious interest to see them never to return anywhere near Kabul.

But if they are your enemies too that makes them common enemies.
Yaar look, lets be honest here, do you want to pick a fight with Pakistan? Or do you want to just bring the perpetrators of the mumbai attack to justice?

Or do you find both things to be essentially the same thing?

I mean we should at least know PROPERLY what India wants.

Pakistan is only ready to offer help pertaining to this one incident. From our side thats all you're going to get. That includes going after the LeT, but not half of Pakistan.

I've a sneaky feeling 10 months afterwords India will still be putting pressure on us. <cough>2002</cough>

gul is not invoved ad india do not asked for him and name of a daud ibrahim suggest that india is a biger laier of the world because daud ibrahim is not a member of lashker e tayaba there is a terrorist who is living in india the case against him still is registered LK ADVANI can india hand over him to pakisan no than why we hand over those people who are not connected with lashkar a tayaba. india is out of its mind they create probleums for them selfes and than they do figer pointing to pak peshawar bomb blast is done by indian raw and indian govt to make happy indian public

Yaar look, lets be honest here, do you want to pick a fight with Pakistan? Or do you want to just bring the perpetrators of the mumbai attack to justice?

Or do you find both things to be essentially the same thing?

I mean we should at least know PROPERLY what India wants.

Pakistan is only ready to offer help pertaining to this one incident. From our side thats all you're going to get. That includes going after the LeT, but not half of Pakistan.

I am not sure how Gul came into this.

It seems to be an American demand for him.

Obviously for India the interest is to bring the culprits to justice and to see that steps are taken to avoid the repetition of such acts from Pakistani soil.

There are some surprises for you in store!

Take some time to see the latest developments on the other threads. Now Guardian and Observer are running with the same arguments too.

What does that have to do with my post?

I am aware that the media finally found the correct Faridkot, but that only validates my argument here that Pakistan was already investigating the Mumabi attacks, hence the story about a 'deadline' to do something being invalid.

What does that have to do with my post?

I am aware that the media finally found the correct Faridkot, but that only validates my argument here that Pakistan was already investigating the Mumabi attacks, hence the story about a 'deadline' to do something being invalid.

Pakistan was not investigating, but covering-up the trail.

This is why India is not going to give Pakistan its evidence.

Back
Top Bottom