batmannow

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States
Pak-China defence cooperation discussed
THE NEWSPAPER'S STAFF REPORTER
530ff04d388e4.jpg

Federal minister for Defence Khawaja Muhammad Asif giving souvenir to his Chinese counterpart, Chang Wanguan. APP
Published 2014-02-28 06:38:41
0 Comment(s)
Print
ISLAMABAD: Chinese Defence Minister Chang Wanquan said on Thursday that China-Pakistan defence cooperation was a factor of peace and stability in the region.

He was speaking to his Pakistani counterpart Khawaja Asif at the defence ministry.

A statement by the ministry quoted the visiting Chinese minister as saying that Sino-Pak “cooperation has an overarching strategic dimension”. He further said: “Our mutually supportive cooperation in the field of defence is a critical factor in maintenance of peace and stability in the region”.

The two sides discussed defence production, maritime cooperation, joint military exercises and defence and security cooperation.

The Chinese defence minister later visited the General Headquarters where he was received by Army Chief Gen Raheel Sharif.

Following a one-to-one meeting between Mr Chang and Gen Sharif, delegation-level bilateral talks were held.

According to the ISPR, issues of mutual interest, regional security and measures to enhance bilateral defence collaboration were discussed during the meeting.

Earlier on arrival at GHQ, a smartly turned out contingent presented a guard of honour to the Chinese minister, who laid floral wreath at Yadgar-i-Shuhada and paid tribute to the sacrifices of Pakistan Army for peace and stability in the region.

sweet I hope we get some new toys to play with :D
Ever thought of making your own toys??? EVER??? Maybe a submarine, a tank, a fighter, an engine, warfare ships, space rocket???? Has Pakistan ever taken a scientific defence and space project seriously except the nuclear program??

I agree that India is a big importer and I am being a hypocrite, but atleast our government is trying day and night to promote indigenous products and private companies. Pakistan, just looks at China, a truly vision less nation.

Ever thought of making your own toys??? EVER??? Maybe a submarine, a tank, a fighter, an engine, warfare ships, space rocket???? Has Pakistan ever taken a scientific defence and space project seriously except the nuclear program??

I agree that India is a big importer and I am being a hypocrite, but atleast our government is trying day and night to promote indigenous products and private companies. Pakistan, just looks at China, a truly vision less nation.

Why do you have to bring India in everything?

Yes you people are working day and night from 2 decades to make a fighter plane and now you are importing its engine...your nation truly got a vision my friend.

where as we export simple piston engine aircrafts to half dozen countries india still import them.wow

China and Pakistan are aligned on pretty much everything to do with geopolitics. :china::pakistan:

I hope the current strong GDP growth in the Pakistani economy continues to improve, that will be the fundamental factor affecting the strength of Pakistan's defence sector in the future.

And looking at the crisis in Ukraine, Russia has the right idea by building so many nuclear weapons. American hegemony shudders in the face of nuclear weapons.

I hope there is more "covert/secret cooperation" between China and Pakistan, especially regarding long-range delivery systems.

well atleast you have some grey matter in that skull. figure the res yourself
pakistan didnt design the basic version but has full ownership to the design(not licenses but they brought the license). The newer version is pretty much different.
exported to half dozen countries including suadi arabia. recent sale of 90 million dollars for 20 plans @ 5 milllion a piece to IRAQ

I don't need to!! Maybe you are talking about that Mushak aircraft, LMAO, don't joke, that plane is not Pakistani. Secondly, Pakistan never exported it.

Yes never if you don't count Saudi Arabia, Oman and recent deal with Iraq. And if Mushak is not Pakistani then Dhruv is not indian.

Back
Top Bottom