What's new

Pak air chief awarded highest military award of US armed forces

the bayghairat brigade will never let the nation come out of clutches of foreign powers. i wish they would have some understanding of Quran. Quran told us that there will be people amongst you who will try to please the enemies out of their fears. we have many in our ranks.
I think it is a bit unfair. If he wanted to hurt the country he could have stopped the JFT programme citing inadequacy and gone for more 16s. believe me the US would have gone head over heels to replenish your fleet. He has also set up the aviation city and campus which is the beginning of independance for Pak land from the clutches of the aviation mafia. We do not recognize he gravity and far sightedness of this decision.
A

Need to tread carefully. These medals don't come for free.

professionals respect each other by drone strikes???
by bayghairat brigade i was pointing towards so many so called analysts on our media
Drone strikes are made with PA connivance and agreement. So let us not get things out of perspective. It has been a mutually agreeable modality of getting rid of vermin. When you let others walk in sometimes they will score a few goals of their own. This is the name of the game. We now seem to have the capability so the drone strikes have stopped .
In any case what do you propose we do to a drone inside Afghan territory firing into pakistan territory, which has been what has happened the last time.
A

Last edited:
I think it is a bit unfair. If he wanted to hurt the country he could have stopped the JFT programme citing inadequacy and gone for more 16s. believe me the US would have gone head over heels to replenish your fleet. He has also set up the aviation city and campus which is the beginning of independance for Pak land from the clutches of the aviation mafia. We do not recognize he gravity and far sightedness of this decision.
A
he has done many good things no doubt. but accepting medals from a country which regularly strikes you with drones, humiliates you , calls you terrorist supporters i dont buy it.

Exactly... agreed :-)
Sir @araz you have to read all my posts..before jumping to conclusion since we are just trying to rationalise since it is not a routine for US to bestow this award on Pakistani military leaders. As I said nothing is certain at this point and so can you throw some light why would they award him their highest merit because I don't recall previous air chiefs being awarded so.

Regards,
W&P
Bhai.
My posts are generalized and not aimed at anyone. I append it to the post that is in front of me. Forgive the idiosyncracies of this old man and dont take it personally. However, I would have you know I have read all the posts before I have commented.
So sorry if it appears as if I am singling you out.
Regards
A

he has done many good things no doubt. but accepting medals from a country which regularly strikes you with drones, humiliates you , calls you terrorist supporters i dont buy it.
mairey Bhai.
Read my post again. If they had a habit of striking you down with drones why has it stopped suddenly barring the last strike from Afghan land? Secondly, the medal was awarded by the US not requested by Sohail Aman. Criticism where it is due. He could refuse it but it would be a big political "faux pas" and Pak interests would be harmed. It is just not the done thing. It is not a denoter of obedience. Only @VCheng can think that way.
A
A

Last edited:
professionals respect each other by drone strikes???
by bayghairat brigade i was pointing towards so many so called analysts on our media

These drone strikes were conducted by CIA. Definitely I'm not saying USA has become our friend overnight or has been friendly but just a little differentiation that even enemies recognise and respect the brave soldiers of each other. Such praise can be found in books authored by Indian retired generals and military experts about Pak military officers. I don't know if I'm able to convey my point or not.

OK people.
lets get things in perspective.
The fact remains that NO one___I repeat NO one will refuse a US legion of Honour. Other than the lack of guts that the small nations do not have it would be a smack in the face of the US. Why should we play in the hands of the enemies of Pakistan and TAKE ON A FIGHT AT THE WORST POSSIBLE TIME.
Like it or not we have to play this game. Hope for the best and prepare for the worst. Show we are friends open to approach yet will remain friends only on our terms. Anyone who takes a dive in the pool of Ghairat will have the well being of the whole of Pakistan oon his head, so stop this stupid Ghairat brigade talk, look at the wider picture and act sanely.
An award is a recognition of services rendered in a common cause. Nothing more and nothing less. there is no monetary benefit attached to it and certainly one does not tie a noose round one's neck and act like a lap dog ofthe US. The ghairat brigade need to have a look at the major export venues of pak lands to begin with. Who is going to push IMF to approve a loan for you when you need one?
A
the ghairat brigade here is just emotional. But ijust had a thought why americans are conferring on our acm , can we confer on their Acm or senior military official? Will it be viewed with same degree of repsect or authority as americans is viewed?

the ghairat brigade here is just emotional. But ijust had a thought why americans are conferring on our acm , can we confer on their Acm or senior military official? Will it be viewed with same degree of repsect or authority as americans is viewed?
Depends if we want to reciprocate. We honour other forces as well. So this is just custom nothing more othing less. If they want influence they will make sure their own man is in post for the next 3 yrs, like Ghaddari.
A

These drone strikes were conducted by CIA. Definitely I'm not saying USA has become our friend overnight or has been friendly but just a little differentiation that even enemies recognise and respect the brave soldiers of each other. Such praise can be found in books authored by Indian retired generals and military experts about Pak military officers. I don't know if I'm able to convey my point or not.
so there is a difference between the CIA, USAF, US govt, US army etc? appreciation in books is one thing but medals from the "boss" who is bent upon humiliating pak in the whole world is a different thing. why they dont dare to give such medals to any iranian general or politician of the present time or recent past? because they know k aglon nay munh par mar daina hay medal.

The Americans can try to suck up as much as they like. The damage has been inflicted. No amount of medals can repair this broken relationship.

so there is a difference between the CIA, USAF, US govt, US army etc? appreciation in books is one thing but medals from the "boss" who is bent upon humiliating pak in the whole world is a different thing. why they dont dare to give such medals to any iranian general or politician of the present time or recent past? because they know k aglon nay munh par mar daina hay medal.
Yar, you can't understand this because you never dated an American blonde girl...it is all mind games.. which both partners know the Do's and Dont's ... and after the dump each other still.. We are not traditional enemies. Iran and USA are traditional enemies.. same goes for Pakistan and India.

Well well. Carrot and stick. One hand they abuse us and on the other they give us medal. White people are true snakes

The Americans can try to suck up as much as they like. The damage has been inflicted. No amount of medals can repair this broken relationship.

We are rewarding him for allowing us to drone at will. His airforce could have easily taken down our drones.

I'm 100% Full Blooded American; THE CHINESE -PAKISTANI'S-BANGLADESHI'S all attack AMERICA. Indians support Americans. Because I support them, they stick an Indian flag in my profile and it is forced upon me.

Yar, you can't understand this because you never dated an American blonde girl...it is all mind games.. which both partners know the Do's and Dont's ... and after the dump each other still.. We are not traditional enemies. Iran and USA are traditional enemies.. same goes for Pakistan and India.
Remember my friends nothing is permanent in international politics. Nothing like friendship exists. It is only in our immature minds that such thought processes exist. International politics is all about alligning interests. You butter the toast that will feed you. The butter in this case could be money, international arms deals or influence. If you have money it buys you a certain influence but only for a short time. Indian economy is booming and US wants a trade partner which will advance its interests in the South East asia. The Chinese are potential enemies yet openly nothing is done against them. There are nuances of this game which can be very subtle to extremely cruel. If you have been dumped on as a nation then it is your fault for not fleecing the customer for everything you could while you had the chance. You did not play the game right knowing fully well your utility is going to be short lived. At the right time we drank champaigne with Mrs Clinton and ran after Ms Rice's skirt without thinking that those were mere side dishes preventing you from looking at the main course. My own thinking is that Zia was the only person I know who knew how to treat them right which was why he had to be done away with. The rest of them including chail chabeela Jernail Musharraf were mere pawns in the great game and never really mattered. Not because of anything that they did but because they were silly enough to not play the game properly.
A

Last edited:
Pak air chief awarded highest military award of US armed forces

Listen

ISLAMABAD: In a simple but impressive ceremony held at Air headquarters, Air Chief Marshal Sohail Aman, Chief of the Air Staff, Pakistan Air Force was awarded with United States Legion of Merit - the highest military award of US armed forces awarded to any foreign military high official.

The military award was presented by Lt. Gen. Jeffrey L. Harrigian, Commander U.S. Air Forces Central Command, on behalf of General David L. Goldfein, Chief of Staff US Air Force who witnessed the ceremony through a video link.

291456_4957982_updates.jpg

Lt. Gen. Jeffrey L. Harrigian, Commander U.S. Air Forces Central Command shaking hand with Air Chief Marshal Sohail Aman. -photo PAF

The award has been conferred on the air chief in recognition of his brave leadership, sagacity, vision, demonstration of superb resolve and unwavering dedication to the global war on terrorism and above all extraordinary efforts to ensure regional as well as global peace and stability. The award is also an acknowledgment of his personal efforts which greatly enhanced mutual cooperation and relations between the two air forces.

During the ceremony, Chief of Staff US Air Force lauded PAF Air Chief’s strong commitment in fight against terrorism and tireless advocacy for the advancement of Pakistan Air Force capabilities that greatly contributed in bringing peace and stability in the region. He was of the view that Air Chief’s personal initiative proved critical to the successful conduct of war on terrorism around the world.

Later, Lt. Gen. Jeffrey L. Harrigian, Commander U.S. Air Forces Central Command called on the Air Chief in his office. Both the dignitaries remained together for some time and discussed matters of mutual interest. During the meeting the Air Chief reiterated his resolve to further enhance mutual cooperation between the two air forces.
ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?????????????

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom