What's new

PAF the right place to go for me?

Nucleus

New Recruit

Reaction score
AoA, I was wondering if anyone could give me suggestions If the PAF is the right place to go for me..
you see, I'm doing A-Levels (equal to F.sc) right now, My father can afford to send me abroad like he did with my other siblings, after I complete my A-Levels
but I Like to choose 'Flying' as a Career i.e. become a Pilot, but the most threatening thing to me is... which Pilot? Airline or Airforce (PAF)?
I like all Pak Military Branches (Except Navy!), but the problem with this is..No Offense but some people say that these are the branches for mostly people from villages, those who cant find another job, and that they lead a poor and strict life, and some people also say that there is no future for u in Pakistan (NO Offense! they could be wrong!), anyhow, that's not my problem, problem is, being from a good respectable family, is the PAF the right place to go or join an Airline and go abroad? :blah:

so u have an idea now, pls give me suggestions :P
Thanks for reading such a huge paragraph :P

Last edited:
Assalam-o-Alaikum
How are you? Mate your advisors are wrong. They need a reality check. Pakistan Armed Forces are among one of the most respectable jobs in Pakistan. I would be proud if I could join the Pakistan armed forces. So if you are refraining from joining the PA, because your relatives believe this job is very strict and there is not much money in it, then one can counter this statement by stating the facilities available to soldiers and Pilots, and what is bad in leading a strict disciplined life.
In the end, it's all about what you want? Your relatives are not going to lead your life. My advice to you would be the thing that interests you the most is the best for you and for your career. Hope this helps.
Salam.

sorry bro no offense but judging by your intro of this thread i can tell you that you are not capable enough for the armed forces... what you are going through is what we call one day "bhooth".... you are just being fan boyish..

Pak armed forces are in the top of the list in GOV jobs in Pakistan and offcourse including much respect and honor ! so you shall fit in just right if you can get in furthermore, perhaps your interest is not towards the Navy but i have you know be proud of it my father served in PN for 18 years and i iam damn proud of it! might be the smallest force but a force forsure to be proud of good luck in your mind set about joining Pak armed forces!

Well You could try giving CSS exams after your education and become a bureaucrat .So if you have intelligence, intellect, team-spirit, leadership qualities, commonsense, originality, communication skills and have a dynamic personality, then Civil Service is waiting for you. Join Civil Service of Pakistan through CSS examination.In any case, job in Armed Forces are not bad job..it's the best job.I wish i could join Air Force or Army but i could not due to medical reasons.

Thanks for your suggestions!
I'm really not crazy about Money though, I have a great desire to fight wars, protect the country, and sorry for not making it clear, its not my relatives, they actually encourage me to join Armed Forces as they also have been in Army..
but the thing that irritates me (sorry for being childish) is sitting infront of the desk all day lol, it may be adventurous and worth it while below 'Major' rank, but when u get promoted above the 'Major' rank or so, u have to sit all day infront of the desk, to be honest, I hate it, that's why I don't want to be an engineer or a businessman, same happens to GD Pilots in PAF, but it doesn't to Airline Pilots so I'm very confused :s I'll research more about it.. Thanks!

Last edited:
sorry bro no offense but judging by your intro of this thread i can tell you that you are not capable enough for the armed forces... what you are going through is what we call one day "bhooth".... you are just being fan boyish..

No I think he will make it, beta who ever told you that PAF specially GDP OR CAE are people coming from villages yes that might be right but the selection process is the same for a village and a kid from the city.

Here is my story my father was a Army Officer Graduated from Daradun at that time our problem was Pathan plus Fauji bad combo bad bad bad we were 4 brother 1 sister , MY father used to beat all for of us first and then ask who did it :lol::lol: and I got tired of it he forced the others in Army when it came to me I wanted to become a doctor and he beat the plup out of me, I ran away from home and joined PAF and I came from a very wealthy family and very educated one, When the time came I was so pissed that I didn't write my father name nor did I mention he was in the army, Went to the PAF selection center with dirty clothes, And officer there was laughing at me after looking at me that you want to become a pilot can you even speak urdu and I answered him in proper Yanky style and his mouth was open because he him self couldn't speak good english. Out of 300 candidates 3 were selected I was one of them the interview came they kept asking me all kind of stupid questions because of my dirt clothes and I left slept on the railway station on the ground for 2 days and them went to my uncles house because I had to eat something plus I gave his address for ISSB the call came I went cleared it joined the PAF after 3 months I sent a letter to my father that I am ok and becoming a fighter pilot. My father never talked to me he came on my graduation day, So I see him after 3 years got Best Pilot Trophy and Sword of Honor, first thing he does slap's me and say you are now a officer and your button is open :lol::lol:
War started his unit was pined down by the Indian Army at Jammu District north of it at LOC and I went in and bombed that place after 2 days he found out it was me and Anthony. Well I finally got a letter from him which had :lol: only 5 words. I AM PROUD OF YOU. That was the only compliment I ever got from him till the day he died.

Last edited:
Thanks for your suggestions!
I'm really not crazy about Money though, I have a great desire to fight wars, protect the country, and sorry for not making it clear, its not my relatives, they actually encourage me to join Armed Forces as they also have been in Army..
but the thing that irritates me (sorry for being childish) is sitting in-front of the desk all day lol, it may be adventurous and worth it while below 'Major' rank, but when u get promoted above the 'Major' rank or so, u have to sit all day infront of the desk, to be honest, I hate it, that's why I don't want to be an engineer or a businessman, same happens to GD Pilots in PAF, but it doesn't to Airline Pilots so I'm very confused :s I'll research more about it.. Thanks!

Man some one is really screwing with you who told you that a GDP sits on a desk, As a GDP you will be lucky if you get a operational post where you can sit , You wake up a 3am and come back at 3 pm flying all day running around like crazy. Join PAF serve them for 14 years after that if you feel that you don't like it go join the airlines, They prefer PAF fighter pilot over civilians.

Last edited:
Sir Muard, u made me happy :D
I Like your story...but its a bit sad
I'll definitely try PAF Then, Thanks so Much Sir!
now that's exciting, exactly the way I wanted :)
u made my concepts clear about PAF :)
Cheers! :D

Last edited:
No I think he will make it, beta who ever told you that PAF specially GDP OR CAE are people coming from villages yes that might be right but the selection process is the same for a village and a kid from the city.

Here is my story my father was a Army Officer Graduated from Daradun at that time our problem was Pathan plus Fauji bad combo bad bad bad we were 4 brother 1 sister , MY father used to beat all for of us first and then ask who did it :lol::lol: and I got tired of it he forced the others in Army when it came to me I wanted to become a doctor and he beat the plup out of me, I ran away from home and joined PAF and I came from a very wealthy family and very educated one, When the time came I was so pissed that I didn't write my father name nor did I mention he was in the army, Went to the PAF selection center with dirty clothes, And officer there was laughing at me after looking at me that you want to become a pilot can you even speak urdu and I answered him in proper Yanky style and his mouth was open because he him self couldn't speak good english. Out of 300 candidates 3 were selected I was one of them the interview came they kept asking me all kind of stupid questions because of my dirt clothes and I left slept on the railway station on the ground for 2 days and them went to my uncles house because I had to eat something plus I gave his address for ISSB the call came I went cleared it joined the PAF after 3 months I sent a letter to my father that I am ok and becoming a fighter pilot. My father never talked to me he came on my graduation day, So I see him after 3 years got Best Pilot Trophy and Sword of Honor, first thing he does slap's me and say you are now a officer and your button is open :lol::lol:
War started his unit was pined down by the Indian Army at Jammu District north of it at LOC and I went in and bombed that place after 2 days he found out it was me and Anthony. Well I finally got a letter from him which had :lol: only 5 words. I AM PROUD OF YOU. That was the only compliment I ever got from him till the day he died.

Steven Spielberg called, he wants to make a movie about your life. What a story.

My father did not have a problem with me trying for the Pakistan forces, but he did not want me to join a Cadet college. He told me young boys are ruined in Cadet colleges, and he had experience in Hasan Abdal Cadet college. He said, get your engineering degree and then they will take you as Captain straight away in the Army when you join. But, no way was he going to let me go to a Cadet college in Pakistan or Canada. My dad wanted to join the Air Force or Army when he was young, but he was rejected on medical grounds, which later in his life he found out were misdiagnosed. They told him that before he turns 40, his neck will expand and restrict his neck movement, but today he is over 50 and is in good condition (Alhamdulillah). Other than that, he was built like a fighter pilot, his vision didn't weeken until he was almost 50, he was national athletics champion, president of his student union in college and so on. But, because of the mistake of a doctor, his life-long dream could never come true and Pakistan never got to benefit from his abilities.

InshAllah, I will try for GDP SSC before I turn 23, and we'll see what happens. If the system is truly equal, there should be non-medical reason for rejection.

Last edited:
Nucleus! What's your age?

You must be around 18, i guess.

With the zeal and die-hardship that you have shown for the military i really doubt that you would be happy if you are ever able to join in the military. A sincere advise; do what your hearts tells you to do.

Last edited:
Nucleus! What's your age?

You must be around 18, i guess.

With the zeal and die-hardship that you have shown for the military i really doubt that you would be happy if you are ever able to join in the military. A sincere advise; do what your hearts tells you to do.

I'm 16, doing A-Levels (equal to F.sc), 2 years remaining until I complete it and join PAF, by that time, I would be 18 (inshalla)
but sorry I didn't get it, why wouldn't I be happy in the Millitary?

Last edited:
I'm 16, doing A-Levels (equal to F.sc), 2 years remaining until I complete it and join PAF, by that time, I would be 18 (inshalla)
but sorry I didn't get it, why wouldn't I be happy in the Millitary?

i think i was quite lucid. Anywaz, with the 'facilities' available to you by the virtue of your background, you seemed to be in doubts when your minds tells you to join the military. Moreover, to me, you seem to be more biased towards the 'glamor' hidden inside the military rather then taking it as a challenge. Nevertheless i appreciate your 'boldness', as you have 'dared' to step away from what your siblings have done, so let's be hopeful.

yes it's true and so I'm Confused
I'll think more, its still plenty of time :pop:

Back
Top Bottom