What's new

Osama Bin Laden and his Beard

darkhero

Reaction score
If he shaves his beard, probably he can travel around the world freely.

I noticed many Muslims have beards, just wonder if this is related to religion. But it seems most Chinese Muslims don't have this.

Hope someone can give me an answer.

Thanks.

:)

The answer depends on who you ask
Personally I don't look nice in a beard, so I don't keep one :) Notihgn to do with religion in that decision

Muslims usually have a beard. But nowadays people are more moderate, and don't practice such traditions if they feel uncomfortable with it. Chinese issue is a separate one though, The Chinese muslims are sort of isolated from the Middle East. They have their own traditions and culture. Similar is the case in neighboring countries. Another factor is that China doesn't promote the type of Islam that Pakistan or Middle East follow. They have a modified version of Islam, which reduces the chances of people turning up against the govt. They follow similar rules with other religions, by distributing modified Bible and Quran, and even the prayer places are monitored to avoid and uprising.

Muslims usually have a beard. But nowadays people are more moderate, and don't practice such traditions if they feel uncomfortable with it. Chinese issue is a separate one though, The Chinese muslims are sort of isolated from the Middle East. They have their own traditions and culture. Similar is the case in neighboring countries. Another factor is that China doesn't promote the type of Islam that Pakistan or Middle East follow. They have a modified version of Islam, which reduces the chances of people turning up against the govt. They follow similar rules with other religions, by distributing modified Bible and Quran, and even the prayer places are monitored to avoid and uprising.

{lease keep quiet rather than talk about things you don't know.

I have seen few muslims have beard, usually the religious ones. Some grow it later in life if their dear ones die(or something strange happens that forces self realization). Majority of them shave.
I hate the beard without moustache look. :)

I noticed many Muslims have beards, just wonder if this is related to religion. But it seems most Chinese Muslims don't have this.

Thanks.

In almost all religions, a beard is associated with faith. All the early christians had beard, all the prophets of scriptures had beards. To this day the priests of the orthodox church keep beards, as do orthodox rabbis of the jewish faith.The 'western' christian clergy seem to have not kept this custom.

Thanks.

Sir, 80% pakistanis don't have beard.

Thanks.

Yes, it is. Beard is fardh (obligatory) in Islam. Some men might keep their beards because of culture too though.

According to the Qur'an the only person mentioned having a beard is Harûn(Aron) A.S. - and no where is it implied of being an obligation in any way.
So no - It's not obligatory, or is there in reward/punishment for not/having a beard.

Yes, it is. Beard is fardh (obligatory) in Islam. Some men might keep their beards because of culture too though.

Negative, beard is not fardh (obligatory) it is sunnat-e-muakkadah. means if you will grow beard then it is a good deed but if you will shave it then you are not sinful.

And your beloved scholars also say this (EXACT SAME WEBSITE, SAME 'SCHOLAR')
Islam Question and Answer - Ruling on eating mermaids

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

Negative, beard is not fardh (obligatory) it is sunnat-e-muakkadah. means if you will grow beard then it is a good deed but if you will shave it then you are not sinful.

He didnt ask for sunnats, his asked about Islam

your definition is of sunnat-e-gairmuakkada

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

sunnat is Islam

And your beloved scholars also say this (EXACT SAME WEBSITE, SAME 'SCHOLAR')
Islam Question and Answer - Ruling on eating mermaids

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

I did not say they're my beloved scholars. Muslims have showed me that site and they said it's very good. But that mermaid thing was very awkward...

Back
Top Bottom