What's new

Open Discussion : Bangladesh And Myanmar Armed Force

@Aung Zaya , which is the greatest naval threat to Myanmar ? Is it the Royal Thai Navy , the Bangladeshi Navy, or any other ? Thanks.

Although It's not meant to be a threat to Myanmar..( coz of 2 nation friendship and cooperated Dawei SEZ )..but awareness.. Royal Thai Navy rapidly emerging in these years...
1) RIM-162 ESSM to its 2 frigates..
2) re-operating it's carrier..
3) getting 2 more DW3000F

If we must select a theat to myanmar navy.. It's Bangladesh Navy.. currently getting corvettes result our 773 in service FASTER and 1 more under construction which does not include in the list firstly... But we won't go to arm race.. But a defensive move... And need more co-operation like Thailand.. :D

------------------------------------------
Navy near future plan(2020-2022)

1 more USCGS cutter.
2 more second hand Frigates
4 new frigates

Type056 class ( at least 6) (2 confirmed name)
6 more Durjoy class LPC (M) ( 2 under construction)
4 submarines ( 2 confirmed)
5 more Padma class (under construction)
4 Minesweeper
1 Research vessel
3 ASW helicopter (2 confirmed)
2 MPA (confirmed, from russia)

@Aung Zaya Navy done now, i can not reveal full plan though which is much bigger than i posted here:pop:

From where..? China..? So after getting them., BD will phase old ones out..? Or keep them..
Currently 4+up coming 5 = 9 ... :-o

Last edited:
Although It's not meant to be a threat to Myanmar..( coz of 2 nation friendship and cooperated Dawei SEZ )..but awareness.. Royal Thai Navy rapidly emerging in these years...
1) RIM-162 ESSM to its 2 frigates..
2) re-operating it's carrier..
3) getting 2 more DW3000F

If we must select a theat to myanmar navy.. It's Bangladesh Navy.. currently getting corvettes result our 773 in service FASTER and 1 more under construction which does not include in the list firstly... But we won't go to arm race.. But a defensive move... And need more co-operation like Thailand.. :D

From where..? China..? So after getting them., BD will phase old ones out..? Or keep them..

I'm actually learning quite a lot about the BN &MN through this discussion -- I'll keep reading on. ;)

possible candidates many: chinesee mulitipurpose friagate, South Korean Incheon class or DW3000H etc
bd already retired old ones. BD will have around 12 frigates by 2020-2022 :enjoy:
1 BNS bangabandhu
1 BNS Osman
2 Newly bought chinese 053H2 frigates
2 more old frigates will be bought ( country source unknown)
4 new frigates
and 2 Hamilton class ( for patrol)

and don't forget, our coast guard is getting 4 Minerva Class corvettes
:bunny::bunny::bunny:

possible candidates many: chinesee mulitipurpose friagate, South Korean Incheon class or DW3000H etc
bd already retired old ones. BD will have around 12 frigates by 2020-2022 :enjoy:
1 BNS bangabandhu
1 BNS Osman
4 new frigates

Btw, congratulations to Bangladesh on the 2014 Bay of Bengal Arbitration. :)

A balance is necessary, my friend. Myanmar needs to balance its amicable strategic relationship with both Thailand and Myanmar. And I commend Myanmar for maintaining an astute position on the high seas, with prudence on its naval high command. The fact that there has been limited altercations between the Thais, the Bangladeshis and the Myanmarnese -- is a victory for the region. :)

1 BNS bangabandhu
1 BNS Osman
4 new frigates

If so we are lag behind in quantity.. :'(
Current 5 (2 from china, 3 home made)
Under construction F15 which is a bit larger than it former F14 and will has 122m..
Now.. We has a focus on construction 1 frigate and corvette or FAC per a year..
According to plan 2020., we will have total 9 frigates including 3 122 m advanced Aung ZaYa Flight 3 class and one 130 m Aung ZaYa Flight 4 class..

If so we are lag behind in quantity.. :'(
Current 5 (2 from china, 3 home made)
Under construction F15 which is a bit larger than it former F14 and will has 122m..
Now.. We has a focus on construction 1 frigate and corvette or FAC per a year..
According to plan 2020., we will have total 9 frigates including 3 122 m advanced Aung ZaYa Flight 3 class and one 130 m Aung ZaYa Flight 4 class..
and don't forget about 6-8 Type056 corvette and 8 Durjoy class :chilli::chilli::chilli:

Btw, congratulations to Bangladesh on the 2014 Bay of Bengal Arbitration. :)

A balance is necessary, my friend. Myanmar needs to balance its amicable strategic relationship with both Thailand and Myanmar. And I commend Myanmar for maintaining an astute position on the high seas, with prudence on its naval high command. The fact that there has been limited altercations between the Thais, the Bangladeshis and the Myanmarnese -- is a victory for the region. :)

Agree..!! Though we increase relation with Thailand by rising trading , co-operation in economy , military and many other sectors.. It has just tiny relation and co-operation with Bangladesh after maritime boundary dispute and some border fights.. Our commander in chief has plan to go BD in this year.. Hope he can take back a good news for Myanmar..

and don't forget about 6-8 Type056 corvette and 8 Durjoy class :chilli::chilli::chilli:

:D we will counter with our up coming corvette 774 , 775 and 491 to 499..

Our commander in chief has plan to go BD in this year.. Hope he can take back a good news for Myanmar..

Absolutely !! I highly applaud the leaders of Myanmar to find the middle path in cooperating not only with the Thais, but also the Bangladeshi side. As you know, the more stable the region is, the more it will become ever lucrative for foreign direct investment to develop the region. Specific example -- my country -- Japan -- has investments in all three nations: Bangladesh, Myanmar and Thailand. I look to see more Japanese investments in Myanmar --- and the more stable , peaceful the country is the better.

Here is to friendly camaraderie, but greater economic growth ! :cheers:

Wishing the best for both Bangladesh and Myanmar !

:D we will counter with our up coming corvette 774 , 775 and 491 to 499..

Can you post pictures of those ships; 774, 775, 491 and 499 ? I'd like to see their design.

------------------------------------------
Navy near future plan(2020-2022)

1 more USCGS cutter.
2 more second hand Frigates
4 new frigates

Type056 class ( at least 6) (2 confirmed name)
6 more Durjoy class LPC (M) ( 2 under construction)
4 submarines ( 2 confirmed)
5 more Padma class (under construction)
4 Minesweeper
1 Research vessel
3 ASW helicopter (2 confirmed)
2 MPA (confirmed, from russia)

@Aung Zaya Navy done now, i can not reveal full plan though which is much bigger than i posted here:pop:
That size Navy means you are targetting India not Maynmar and with that kind of Navy if we add an Air Force with 250 to 300 most modern Fighter Jets and an Army with 2000 + Tanks and same Anti Tank Vechiles and 1500 SP and Towed Artillery than you are looking at a BEAST and that should be Target to achieve in next 15 years to India thinks 100 times before killing a Bangladeshi on border.

Bangladesh Army:

Armoured fighting vehicles

MBT-2000 Main battle tank 44
Type 88 Main battle tank 80+
Type 79 Main battle tank 80
Type 69-II Mk.2G Main battle tank 185
Type 69-II Main battle tank 290+
Type 59II Main battle tank 90-264(300 more on order) (Both Type 59/59II, in the process of being upgraded.A heavily modernized variant approaching 3rd-generation standards with a new welded turret similar to the Type 96 replacing the original cast turret and a 125mm main gun with semi-automatic loader. In service with PLA and Upgrading by Bangladesh Army. Around 300 Type 59G or Type -59AGM will be procuring and upgrading by the Bangladesh Army.)

T-54/55 Light Tank 122 (T-54s were ordered in 1973 from Egypt and delivered in 1975. T-55s were ordered in 1975 from Egypt and delivered in 1975 (the vehicles were previously in Egypt service). Modernized T-54s and T-55s with laser rangefinders and improved armor protection are currently in service)
BTR-82A Armored personnel carrier 128 ( 128 BTR-82A on order.)
BTR-80 Armored personnel carrier 1030+
BTR-70 Armored personnel carrier 350+
BTR-T Armored personnel carrier 100+
MT-LB Armored personnel carrier 134
WZ551 Armored personnel carrier 50+
Type 62 Armored personnel carrier 80+
Otokar Cobra Armored personnel carrier 10
Fahd 240 Armored personnel carrier 100

Artillery
Type 62 SPH 140
Type 63-1 Mortar China 60mm. Being replaced by Type 93.
M 29A1 Mortar 11+ USA 81mm.
Type 87 Mortar Bangladesh 82mm mortar manufactured under license by BOF.
Brandt F1 Mortar France 120mm.
M 67/74 Mortar 95 Yugoslavia 120mm.
UBM 52 Mortar Yugoslavia 120mm.
Type 53 Mortar 50 China 120mm.
Type 54 Anti Tank Gun 50+ China 76mm.
OTO Melara Mod 56/A1 Howitzer 170 Italy 105mm.
M101A1 Howitzer 50+ USA 105mm.
Type 54-1 Howitzer 62 China 122mm.
Type 83 Howitzer 20 China 122mm.
Type 86 Howitzer China 122mm.
Type 96 Howitzer 54 China 122mm.
Type 59-1 Field artillery 230+ China
Nora B-52 Self-propelled artillery 18 Serbia 155mm. 10 more on order
KRL 122 Multiple Launch Rocket Systems Pakistan 122mm. Limited number in service.
Type 82 Multiple Launch Rocket Systems 6+ China 130mm.
Type 90B Multiple Launch Rocket Systems China 122mm.
PLZ-45 Self-propelled artillery 56+ China 155mm.
WS-22 Multiple Launch Rocket Systems China 122 mm PR50 MLS with primitive cascade inertial terminal guidance.

Anti- Tank warfare

Type 75 Recoilless rifle China 75mm, based on U.S. M-20.
Carl Gustav M2 Recoilless rifle Sweden 84mm.
M40A1 Recoilless rifle 238 USA 106mm.
HJ-8 /Baktar Shikan Anti-tank guided missile Pakistan
Type 69-1 Rocket-propelled grenade China 40mm.
Type 70-1 Rocket-propelled grenade China 62mm.
Metis-M Anti-tank guided missile Russia unknown amount ordered on January 14, 2013.
Kornet-E Anti-tank guided missile Russia unknown amount ordered on January 14, 2013.
PF-98 rocket launcher

Anti-Aircraft warfare

Type 75 Single Anti-aircraft gun USSR/China 14.5mm Single Barrel. Low altitude.
Type 58 Twin Anti-aircraft gun USSR/China 14.5mm Twin Barrel. Low altitude.
Type 56 Quad Anti-aircraft gun USSR/China 14.5mm Quad Barrel. Low altitude.
Type 55/65/74 Anti-aircraft gun 132+ USSR/China 37mm Single & Twin Barrel. Low to Medium altitude.
L/60 & M1A1 Bofors Anti-aircraft gun Sweden 40mm Single Barrel. Medium altitude.
Type 59 Anti-aircraft gun 34 USSR/China 57mm Single Barrel. Short to Medium altitude.
HN-5J1A Man-portable air-defense systems 71 China Chinese version of SA-7A. Being phased out.
QW-2 Van Guard 2 Man-portable air-defense systems 250 China\Bangladesh Improved Chinese version of FIM-92E. Replacing HN-5.
QW-18 Man-portable air-defense systems China
FN-16 Man-portable air-defense systems China
LY-60 Mid range air-defense systems China

Army Aviation

Cessna 208 Grand Caravan Utility aircraft B 2 USA
Cessna 152 FAC, Recce A 5 USA
Bell 206 Long Ranger IV Light Observation Helicopter L-4 3 USA
Eurocopter AS365N3 Dauphin Utility helicopter N3 2 France
Cessna 337 Super Skymaster Utility aircraft F 2 USA
Piper PA-31T Cheyenne VIP transport T1 1 USA

total personnel: 350,000

i will post later about army future plan :enjoy:

I will post later about Air force, now you post
@Aung Zaya :alcoholic:
This is the area where you need lot more equipment

Absolutely !! I highly applaud the leaders of Myanmar to find the middle path in cooperating not only with the Thais, but also the Bangladeshi side. As you know, the more stable the region is, the more it will become ever lucrative for foreign direct investment to develop the region. Specific example -- my country -- Japan -- has investments in all three nations: Bangladesh, Myanmar and Thailand. I look to see more Japanese investments in Myanmar --- and the more stable , peaceful the country is the better.

Here is to friendly camaraderie, but greater economic growth ! :cheers:

Wishing the best for both Bangladesh and Myanmar !

Can you post pictures of those ships; 774, 775, 491 and 499 ? I'd like to see their design.

Hope to get more FDI from Japan.. I'm sure Myanmar will be better after 2015 election..and hope to get closer tie with Japan.. :cheers:

774 is under construction and will be the same design with 773.. 775 is just plan to built and has not revealed anything yet..
image.jpg

491 to 495 will be the same design as well.. 491 to 493 are complete and in service... Rest will be constructed one FAC per a year..

image.jpg

image-jpg.183304

491 to 495 will be the same design as well.. 491 to 493 are complete and in service... Rest will be constructed one FAC per a year..

image-jpg.183305

I have to admit -- very impressive work on indigenous warships ! Good to see this in Myanmar. :)

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom