What's new

Open Debate | How to conduct a 'reasonable debate' between Pakistanis and Indians on PDF?

You cant have it, period. At some point the "better" debate is going to break out, some sooner some later.

Unreasonable debate and sense of being better than other is human nature. The criteria goes like this:
  • First with the arch enemy. When they are no more, then
  • Some nationality/ country you have some/ minor differences with. When they are no more, then
  • People within your country but from different provinces. When that are no more, then
  • People you usually have a personal quarrel with. When they are no more, then
  • Then your friend, then neighbors, eventually coming down to family.
  • When everyone is gone then you have no one else to argue with but keep reminding your self. YOU WERE RIGHT ALL ALONG!

Doesn't work.

As soon as you ban someone he has stopped reforming and the forum has been deprived of a reformed member. ;)

:))))))))))) leave them as it is. They will learn in the long run.

besides except religious topic NO other topic should be banned.

Simple as that.

And NO one has any right to give a shut up call to others saying "it was their internal matter" because in open discussion on an open forum by common readers, anyone can give her/his opinion about internal matters of any country.

The Line is only drawn at official level of countries wrgt to this "Internal matter" phrase. If PM of Pakistan or India or prez speak on internal matter of the other country that is uncalled for.

You had this one coming... a half baked uneducated opinion can never be respected.

Half baked and uneducated? Why dont we open a thread on all posts where I have been given a negative rating. I challenge you and the others that did. You accept?

Half baked and uneducated? Why dont we open a thread on all posts where I have been given a negative rating. I challenge you and the others that did. You accept?

You had been hurling insults on our faith so badly so uncivilizedly still you are given chance to stay on forum.

If we want good debate then members like you should be thrown out of the forum forever

I said it earlier. May be it will take time but you can choose people based on their past history and quality of posting irrespective of their seniority and allow only them to participate in serious threads like Rape, religion and Disputed issues like Kashmir, Baluchistan or Indus water. And if some one posts one liner or fails to post a constructive opinion just take the privilege away from the poster. Making a pool of quality posters might be time consuming but it can give results,in my opinion. This can encourage newcomers to improve their post quality as well.

You had been hurling insults on our faith so badly so uncivilizedly still you are given chance to stay on forum.

If we want good debate then members like you should be thrown out of the forum forever

What about ppl like Shan, Batman, favabean, hypersonic . . . never seen you commenting on their stupidity didi ji :chilli:
I said it earlier. May be it will take time but you can choose people based on their past history and quality of posting irrespective of their seniority and allow only them to participate in serious threads like Rape, religion and Disputed issues like Kashmir, Baluchistan or Indus water. And if some one posts one liner or fails to post a constructive opinion just take the privilege away from the poster. Making a pool of quality posters might be time consuming but it can give results,in my opinion. This can encourage newcomers to improve their post quality as well.

One more thing to add is the religious flame baiting. . . . when ppl run out of arguments they start insulting someone's faith. . . religious debates should be in the Banned topics list :enjoy:

@Aeronaut

also I think that certain kind of thread should be banned if you really want to improve quality.

some kind of threads,like Religious ones,Rape ones(or better I say news article based on criminal cases) and some other kinds of thread should be banned here,as it is a defence forum,not a "Random News Article" site.nowadays,we're getting more "rape threads" than a good defence related one.

plus,I want to propose to create a group of members,who could write on topics like warfare,tactics and about any kind of weapons using great details..two guys,@AUSTERLITZ and @jhungary are trying to create similar kind of threads which is simply great.we should have more like these threads.

@Aeronaut

also I think that certain kind of thread should be banned if you really want to improve quality.

some kind of threads,like Religious ones,Rape ones(or better I say news article based on criminal cases) and some other kinds of thread should be banned here,as it is a defence forum,not a "Random News Article" site.nowadays,we're getting more "rape threads" than a good defence related one.

plus,I want to propose to create a group of members,who could write on topics like warfare,tactics and about any kind of weapons using great details..two guys,@AUSTERLITZ and @jhungary are trying to create similar kind of threads which is simply great.we should have more like these threads.

Rape - Religion are already banned. What we need to do is to find out how to improve member's quality.

Rape - Religion are already banned. What we need to do is to find out how to improve member's quality.
  1. Ex-minister in suicide bid over rape claim
    Ex-minister in suicide bid over rape claim - News - Al Jazeera English Ex-minister in suicide bid over rape claim A former minister of the southern...
    Thread by: favabeans, Today at 3:57 PM, 0 replies, in forum: Central & South Asia

2. Thread
    Ending the beatings, rapes, murders: where are India's men?
    http://www.trust.org/item/20140211170905-lnyew/?source=hpeditorial Ending the beatings, rapes, murders: where are India's men? NEW DELHI (Thomson...
    Thread by: favabeans, Today at 3:56 PM, 9 replies, in forum: Central & South Asia

3. Thread
    Rape scourge a blow to India’s status
    Rape scourge a blow to India’s status | GulfNews.com Rape scourge a blow to India’s status It is counterproductive and foolish to waste millions of...
    Thread by: favabeans, Today at 3:56 PM, 0 replies, in forum: Central & South Asia

4. Thread
    Charges framed against former Rajasthan minister in rape case
    http://www.newstrackindia.com/newsdetails/2014/02/11/259--Charges-framed-against-former-Rajasthan-minister-in-rape-case-.html Charges framed against...
    Thread by: favabeans, Today at 3:54 PM, 5 replies, in forum: Central & South Asia

5. Thread
    India's Lost Decade
    India's Lost Decade | KERA News India's Lost Decade A recent visit left commentator Lee Cullum with strong impressions of India, and not all of them...
    Thread by: favabeans, Today at 3:54 PM, 0 replies, in forum: Central & South Asia

6. Thread
    British mother of killed teenager writes anguished letter to India
    British mother of killed teenager writes anguished letter to India | GlobalPost British mother of killed teenager writes anguished letter to India...
    Thread by: favabeans, Yesterday at 2:53 PM, 32 replies, in forum: Central & South Asia

7. Thread
    American media is picking on India again...
    There seems to be a concerted effort underway to discredit, denigrate, and defile India's image. [/URL]
    Thread by: [URL='https://defence.pk/members/favabeans.19635/']favabeans[/URL], Yesterday at 6:42 AM, 2 replies, in forum: [URL='https://defence.pk/forums/central-south-asia.160/']Central & South Asia[/URL]
    [*][URL='https://defence.pk/members/favabeans.19635/'][IMG]https://defence.pk/styles/dpk/xenforo/avatars/avatar_s.png

Thread
    U.S. launches new trade action against India | Reuters
    U.S. launches new trade action against India| Reuters U.S. launches new trade action against India | Reuters (Reuters) - The United States on Monday...
    Thread by: favabeans, Yesterday at 6:40 AM, 0 replies, in forum: Central & South Asia

8. Thread
    Trinamool Congress leader held for twin gang rapes
    Amta Trinamool leader held for twin gang rapes - The Times of India Amta Trinamool leader held for twin gang rapes HOWRAH: A local-level Trinamool...
    Thread by: favabeans, Monday at 4:28 PM, 2 replies, in forum: Central & South Asia

Sir, out of 20,. . .13 threads this guy opened in last 6 days are on rapes.. . .have been reporting him since a long time. . nothing happened so i finally gave up :D

Back
Top Bottom