What's new

One more Vietnamese Olympic hopeful goes home

beijingwalker

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
One more Vietnamese Olympic hopeful goes home
Updated : Tue, July 31, 2012,3:40 PM (GMT+0700)

Vietnam's Nguyen Tien Minh plays against India's Kashyap Parupalli during their men's singles group play stage Group D badminton match during the London 2012 Olympic Games at the Wembley Arena July 31, 2012.

image.jpg

Photo: REUTERS

Vietnamese badminton player Nguyen Tien Minh, one of the country’s largest hopes for a London medal, could not make his Olympic journey further than the group stage after his 0 – 2 defeat at Group D second game Tuesday.

The world number 11 lost 9 – 21 and 14 – 21 to Indian rival Kashyap Parupalli at the men’s single group play stage at Wembley Arena.

The world ranking didn’t seem to talk in the match as Parupalli stood 10 places lower than Minh on the tally.

Instead, the Indian proved far stronger and quicker than Minh, who was obviously under heavy psychological pressure. He neutralized all of the attacks from Minh with his effective defense while also thrashing the Vietnamese by his powerful tactics.

The match was considered the final of Group D, as both Minh and Parupalli have previously beaten Tan Yuhan of Belgium, and only the group leader will advance into the top 16 round.

Earlier seven Vietnamese hopefuls, including three gymnasts, two shooters, and two weightlifters had to cease their London journey as they could not make their way through the event’s qualifiers.

Well, loose is loose and it OK for not winning. Will try for the next till you get them. The only way that most hates is cheating and play no fair, no respect and it's not OK.

The main game that Viet Nam are playing that focusing on the very big game, that loosing is not ALLOW.

Does this require a thread? A chinese want to create a thread, for making fun of vietnamese?
That guy lost legitimately, he has nothing to fear and worry...
But its very shamefull for thread starter for making fun of a defeat... Shamesless...

I belief, that is not only Viet Nam, only country goes home with the empty hands. You know what exactly I am talking about right?

haha,see who is talking??so shameless,go and check how many threads that you fellow Indians started talking about "anything" about China,and now is the Olympic time,once every four years,everyone in this world is excitedly talking about tis game,we are all Asians and what's wrong to talk about Asian countries performance in this game,you Indians posted some threads talking about Chinese athletes too,maybe I also will post something about India in this game if I come across some.

I belief, that is not only Viet Nam, only country goes home with the empty hands. You know what exactly I am talking about right?

why do you think that Vietnam is the only country goes home with empty hands?? are you out of your mind?

haha,see who is talking??so shameless,go and check how many threads that you fellow Indians started talking about "anything" about China,and now is the Olympic time,once every four years,everyone in this world is excitedly talking about tis game,we are all Asians and what's wrong to talk about Asian countries performance in this game,you Indians posted some threads talking about Chinese athletes too,maybe I also will post something about India in this game if I come across some.

I dont know threads about chinese athletes... last time i saw, many indians wished china, on hee geting the 1st gold of the games... U have proved, in this post, that there is no difference between u and shame....
Anyway kid, earn ur 5 cents.. Am outta this sick thread...

Anyway kid, earn ur 5 cents.. Am outta this sick thread...

you are a shameless piece of sh.t calling other fellow PDF users shills,I m here talking about sports and Olympics ,if you can't stand the heat ,get out of the kichen.

Back
Top Bottom