ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
On the go: International airports in Pakistan to offer Wi-Fi
By Our Correspondent
Published: April 2, 2014

KARACHI:
The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) Pakistan would establish state-of-the-art Wi-Fi [hot spot] zones at all the CAA major airports in Pakistan to provide free internet service, according to a press release by the WiMAX giant Wateen Telecom.

The CAA has selected Wateen Telecom as the exclusive Wi-Fi provider for this project. The company will manage and operate Wi-Fi services throughout all the major international airports in Pakistan.

Board of Directors of the Abu Dhabi Group Chairman Sheikh Mohammad bin Nahyan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan inaugurated the service.

Through Wateen Wi-Fi services, all passengers would be able to experience state of the art Wi-Fi access, allowing them quick and easy access to high-speed internet services, it said.

Wateen Telecom, that has the country’s largest network of fibre optic, has signed a five-year agreement with the CAA, the statement said, adding that the service would enable millions of travellers to use internet services while waiting at airports.

“Our commitment to Pakistan stays strong as we bring all international airports in the country at par with the international standards,” Abu Dhabi Group’s chairman said during the agreement signing ceremony at the Quaid-i-Azam International Airport Karachi on Tuesday.

Published in The Express Tribune, April 2nd, 2014.

Like Business on Facebook, follow @TribuneBiz on Twitter to stay informed and join in the conversation.

On the go: International airports in Pakistan to offer Wi-Fi
By Our Correspondent
Published: April 2, 2014

KARACHI:
The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) Pakistan would establish state-of-the-art Wi-Fi [hot spot] zones at all the CAA major airports in Pakistan to provide free internet service, according to a press release by the WiMAX giant Wateen Telecom.

The CAA has selected Wateen Telecom as the exclusive Wi-Fi provider for this project. The company will manage and operate Wi-Fi services throughout all the major international airports in Pakistan.

Board of Directors of the Abu Dhabi Group Chairman Sheikh Mohammad bin Nahyan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan inaugurated the service.

Through Wateen Wi-Fi services, all passengers would be able to experience state of the art Wi-Fi access, allowing them quick and easy access to high-speed internet services, it said.

Wateen Telecom, that has the country’s largest network of fibre optic, has signed a five-year agreement with the CAA, the statement said, adding that the service would enable millions of travellers to use internet services while waiting at airports.

“Our commitment to Pakistan stays strong as we bring all international airports in the country at par with the international standards,” Abu Dhabi Group’s chairman said during the agreement signing ceremony at the Quaid-i-Azam International Airport Karachi on Tuesday.

Published in The Express Tribune, April 2nd, 2014.

Like Business on Facebook, follow @TribuneBiz on Twitter to stay informed and join in the conversation.
Don't tell me you did not have Wifi in airports till now. :unsure:

In that case - better late than never :yay:

I remember back in 2008 there were dedicated computers available for free internet on Islamabad Airport. I am not sure if they still exists but I remmeber my flight was around 11am and I reached the waiting area/lounge at 8am? - found some PC's available with clear text written that they were available for free of charge. This service was also provided by Wateen.

So having free wifi from Wateen is the development of their old legacy.

I have used internet on free computers at Allama Iqbal airport in Lahore a couple of years ago. Dont know if that has changed now. Good to see wifi is coming at least.

Back
Top Bottom