What's new

Omar Abdel Rahman terrorist leader dies in US prison.

waz

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/39017259

The mastermind of numerous bomb plots in New York in the early 1990s has died in prison in the US, his family says.

Sheikh Omar Abdel Rahman, a blind cleric who preached at mosques in New York, was sentenced to life in 1996 for planning the attacks.

He plotted to attack multiple landmarks in New York with the aim of stopping US support for Israel and Egypt.

He was accused of inspiring the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center, but was not convicted over that attack.

The judge at his trial said that if his plans had been enacted, thousands of people would have died.

Sheikh Rahman's death was announced in the Egyptian capital Cairo by his family.

Often referred to in the US as the Blind Sheikh, Rahman was also suspected of roles in numerous other violent attacks in Egypt in addition to developing close links with al-Qaeda.

Rahman and nine others were convicted of planning a "war of urban terrorism" in the US which would have culminated in five bombings of prominent New York landmarks including the the George Washington Bridge and the Lincoln and Holland Tunnels.

The prosecution maintained that the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center was also part of the conspiracy, but neither Rahman nor his co-defendants were formally accused of any role in that attack.

Six people died in the 1993 attack.

wait whato_O you consider these scum of the earths as the part of the ummah

I don't think he knows who he is. His group slaughtered Egyptians, tourists alike. One of the biggest was when they attacked Japanese nationals. Oh and then his "Jihad" in America, which again was to kill innocent people.

Last edited:
I don't he knows who he is. His group slaughtered Egyptians, tourists alike. One of the biggest was when they attacked Japanese nationals. Oh and then his "Jihad" in America, which again was to kill innocent people.
i have converse with the @Gillani88 before he is conservative but a knowledgeable fellow i think he knows who that guy was. what i never knew was that he still has a soft corner for such guys even after all the terror and killing they have caused.

God doesn't tolerate harm to innocent life!! Got what he deserved!!

wait whato_O you consider these scum of the earth as the part of the ummah
They are Khawarij as per the information available. They should be killed wherever found, that is the Sunnah of Ameer ul Momeneen Ali A.s.

I don't he knows who he is. His group slaughtered Egyptians, tourists alike. One of the biggest was when they attacked Japanese nationals. Oh and then his "Jihad" in America, which again was to kill innocent people.
i think he knows who that guy was.
I know nothing about them. If they are involved in these acts and accusations against them are proven in court of law then they should be punished indiscriminately.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom