What's new

Oman places order for weapons from India

Privatisation is not a panacea for all ills.These private sector companies have to be held in check or they will just suck the life out of our economy.Lets be calm and debate this.

I am not proposing privatization. I am proposing "full autonomy" for DRDO. Small private players(doing special works) and DRDO can co-exist.

By the way, USA is not dying and neither it will, unless OPEC stops selling Oil in "dollar" and shifts to other currencies.

Have you ever wondered why Saudi Arabia and Quwait are given latest American weaponry? Its to keep them in American pocket because if Saudi king or OPEC shifted away from "dollar", USA influence will collapse like a tree.

Last edited:
I am not proposing privatization. I am proposing "full autonomy" for DRDO and ask DRDO to buy stakes in small-medium sector Indian private companies which do "specialized" works, to protect them from acquisitions.

Small private players(doing special works) and DRDO can co-exist. DRDO is too experienced and it would be stoopid to kill them.

By the way, USA is not dying and neither it will, unless OPEC stops selling Oil in "dollar" and shifts to other currencies.

Have you ever wondered why Saudi Arabia and Quwait are given latest American weaponry? Its to keep them in American pocket because if Saudi king or OPEC shifted away from "dollar", USA will collapse like a tree. :azn:

we need a balance between both PSUs and private players, there should be no favor to PSUs or private players.

The competition will make them better and country will have more options and pay lower rates for stuffs.

And if corruption is the problem, our private sector are no angels.They have great experience of corrupting the government.

Oh please spare me that nonsense. The company I work for initially did a feasibility study in India and wanted to engage its main operations in New Delhi. After many approaches to the local officials they worked out that the costs of paying for the red tape requirements and "kickbacks" to expediate the red tape requirements were 5 times the costs of starting the same project in South Africa. They decided to invest in South Africa and ship their goods to India , reducing the scale of their operations in India. Their core goods comes from Botswana, is sent to South Africa where the major operation is carried out and then to India where a limited operation is carried out. New Delhi in effect lost out close onto 5000 jobs to South Africa due to inefficiency, red tape and beurocratic bungling on the part of officials there.

It hasn't been ordered yet.

read in the news 2 day tht a high ranking omani officer has confirmed tht it has met all the test criteria and they r highly satisfied with its performance.
therefore much to ur inconvenience iots almost thru:victory:

HAHAHAHA let the official order come iam sure its coming soon...few chinese who doubted if india can make a decent rifle or not will get thier ans

2 SAME THREADS ON SAME PAGE LOL REQUEST MODERATORS TO MERGE EITHER ONE OF THE THREAD

Back
Top Bottom