What's new

Obama won't be visiting Pakistan after his India's visit

He isn't going to be welcomed very warmly in Pakistan. He knows it.

its ok good he we are currently at war with TTP. we don't need any useless distractions.

Once we finish the war with TTP then we can talk about people visiting.

its ok good he we are currently at war with TTP. we don't need any useless distractions.

Once we finish the war with TTP then we can talk about people visiting.
I don't think he's ever going to visit.There's election next year in 2016 nov.

He likely won't be visiting india again, so perhaps Pakistan is off the menu too. If he does come, it'd likely be next year and standalone (not involving India). But visiting Pakistan may have an effect on democrat's vote. The next president is going to be busy for first 2 years (meeting important nations like middle east, europe etc and fixing home,. Plus 2018 is Pakistan's election, so the US president will rather wait to meet the new gov't/ I guess next president will come maybe in 2019-2020.

Last edited:
I don't think he's ever going to visit.There's election next year in 2016 nov.

He likely won't be visiting india again, so perhaps Pakistan is off the menu too. If he does come, it'd likely be next year and standalone (not involving India). But visiting Pakistan may have an effect on democrat's vote. The next president is going to be busy for first 2 years (meeting important nations like middle east, europe etc and fixing home,. I guess next president will come maybe in 2019-2020.

who cares? are presidential visits that important?

what is most important is dealing with TTP. Retaining Pakistan old status of a safe nation. something we enjoyed until 2001.

this war with TTP must end. Pakistan needs to get out of the spiral. I SAY FIX TERRORISM THEN TALK ABOUT OTHER THINGS.

what is most important is dealing with TTP. Retaining Pakistan old status of a safe nation. something we enjoyed until 2001.

this war with TTP must end. Pakistan needs to get out of the spiral. I SAY FIX TERRORISM THEN TALK ABOUT OTHER THINGS.
On international stage, visits are important ;)

Nawaz can discuss things in US or anywhere with Obama, but visits are important.

My comment was simply to disagree with you and put a claim that we won't be seeing a president coming till a loong time.

Well said. His visit at any given time is irrelevant. Like as if, Obama's visit is going to provide any relief to the common man or resolve any problems for that matter. Pakistanis need to stop fixating themselves on irrelevant dick measuring contests. For many Pakistanis, India has become the centre of the universe. We are obsessed with anything related to India. This pathetic and nonsensical behaviour needs to stop.

Right now, Pakistanis have much more important problems to deal with including the fight against terrorism and polio for instance. People don't have enough petrol. Kids cannot go to schools. Should I continue with the list of grievances, deficiencies etc.? Like as if we are running short on problems. Once Pakistanis learn to live like a united people we can can worry about others. Right now, everything should be irrelevant except the fight to save Pakistan.

Last edited:

Nawaz can discuss things in US or anywhere with Obama, but visits are important.

My comment was simply to disagree with you and put a claim that we won't be seeing a president coming till a loong time.

I agree on the international stage visits are important. However, currently Pakistan status itself on the international stage is in shambles.

So we need to fix the bigger picture. I hope this is a wake up call for our institutions.

Well said. His visit at any given time is irrelevant. Like as if, Obama's visit is going to provide any relief to the common man or resolve any problems for that matter. Pakistanis need to stop fixating themselves on irrelevant dick measuring contests. For many Pakistanis, India has become the centre of the universe. We are obsessed with anything related to India. This pathetic and nonsensical behaviour needs to stop.

Right now, Pakistanis have much more important problems to deal with including the fight against terrorism and polio for instance. People don't have enough petrol. Kids cannot go to schools. Should I continue with the list of grievances, deficiencies etc.? Like as if we are running short on problems. Once Pakistanis learn to live like a united people we can can worry about others. Right now, everything should be irrelevant except the fight to save Pakistan.

Sorry but i guess you lack knowledge of the matter. PAKISTANIS are NOT indian obsessed anymore. those were the 90s.

Pakistanis couldn't care less about india and indian issues. Currently it is the other way around indians are obsessed with Pakistan.

Most pakistanis care about their children,electrcity, corruption etc.

When was the last time anyone in Paksitan even discussed India in their election campaign??? No one in Pakistan votes seeing political party stand on India.

They vote on roti,kapra,makaan, security & lastly electrcity.

The Americans cannot help Pakistanis in any regard. Firstly, the level of mistrust between both nations is beyond comprehension. Secondly, what is his visit possibly going to change? His visit wouldn't even have a symbolic value. All he's going to say is to do more just like John Kerry recently did. Pakistanis need to start acknowledging that America isn't an ally/friend. It wasn't even during the Cold War. This relationship has only existed because it was a necessity and nothing more.

As for any presidential visit from the US, forget it. It's never going to happen. Mark my words. At best, presidential aides are going to visit Pakistan. That too with a lot of mistrust and the only message to sacrifice more and more.

Last edited:
I agree on the international stage visits are important. However, currently Pakistan status itself on the international stage is in shambles.

So we need to fix the bigger picture. I hope this is a wake up call for our institutions.
Visit will improve the picture of pakistan on international stage.

We used to have pope and the queen come and visit in open roof. Now not even in bomb proof car and empty roads.

There are many other ways to fix the image but the visit is one way.

Visit will improve the picture of pakistan on international stage.

We used to have pope and the queen come and visit in open roof. Now not even in bomb proof car and empty roads.

There are many other ways to fix the image but the visit is one way.

Fix the image? How about we start taking ownership of our own problems instead of relying on others to fix our image? I fail to understand the ordinary Pakistani mindset. No angels and presidents are going to be able to fix our image problems. There is no magic wand. Only we ourselves can resolve our own problems. Hard work, honesty, patience and even more patience. This is the only recipe which can fix this broken system. Stop pretending that only others can fix your problems.

Those days are long gone and we have a big hand in that. Start taking ownership of your problems and start fixing them. Stop relying on others. When reliance is the only option, at least pick a reliable nation.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom