What's new

Obama praises Pakistan's anti-militant push

Azam-e-Nau

New Recruit

Reaction score
Updated at: 2306 PST, Wednesday, May 12, 2010

WASHINGTON: US President Barack Obama said Wednesday he was "encouraged" by Pakistan's anti-extremist efforts, but warned the operation to flush out militants would take time.

"I think what you have seen over the last several months is a growing recognition that they have a cancer in their midst," Obama said.

"I am actually encouraged from what I have seen from the Pakistani government over the last several months. "But just as it's going to take some time for Afghanistan's economy, for example, to fully recover from 30 years of war, it's going to take some time from Pakistan, even if there is a will, to find a way in order to effectively deal with these extremists in areas that are fairly loosely governed from Islamabad.

"You know, part of what I've been encouraged by is Pakistan's willingness to start asserting more control over some of these areas. But it's not going to happen overnight," Obama said.

Har-par Geo, Brought to you by Geo News Pakistan.

:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

Pakistan Zindabad

Lol I was just reading this thing on ndtv where the headline was Obama warns Pakistan and in the entire article they talk about karzai and cropped a piece of his statement to carve out a title.

Lol I was just reading this thing on ndtv where the headline was Obama warns Pakistan and in the entire article they talk about karzai and cropped a piece of his statement to carve out a title.

Yeah lol, but this is an official statement made by Obama in a Conference held in Washington DC where he discussed and presented his praises in defence to the Military of Pakistan. :thinktank:

:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

*!~~**{{|Pakistan Zindabad|}}**~~!*

Walaaykum As-Salaam

Back
Top Bottom