What's new

Nvidia is early winner of the generative AI revolution 🤖 ➡️ Controls ~80% of AI chip market

Unsustainable, will drop like Tesla and Netflix. Only sustainable Trillion Dollar company are Amazon, Apple, Microsoft and Alphabet.
right now nVIDIA have a virtual monopoly on AI sector , if they AI craze continue i say they are sustainable .
and apple being there is an insult to sustainable model

Security wise, this is like opening Pandora’s box…
New kind of scam under development in India -

1. Call up people. Don't speak. They will say 'hello hello'. Record the hellos (or whatever they say). Or call up selling something useless, just to record their accent.
2. Do it multiple times over a time period, using different numbers.
3. Process the voice recording to create a virtual audio avatar of the person.
4. Make a recorded message using that AI voice, asking for help (money)
5. Stalk people known to the victim (typically parents, siblings, spouse) and download their whatsapp profile pic. Make it your profile pic.
6. Send the recorded message, asking for money. Tell the receiver not to call back or it can be dangerous.

This has happened in a group I know. Everyone is shocked beyond belief how sophisticated it has gotten. White collar people are involved in this. It is no longer about low level scam artists sitting in rural India.

80% of the AI chip market ? hmm , Good Phrasing for Marketing , but what does that even really mean.

Are you creating Designs that target only AI training? Or are you applying the *quote unquote*latest AI tech in your drivers, which have bein available since the 80s?

Might i add, Nvidia is an IP company , not a fab. So although it designs, is still is subject to working with existing nodes for its usecases.

Nvidia is just repurposing the low hanging fruit of AI at the moment(which has done good marketing wise to there credit) , while others are busy optimizing for either low power or better primitive processing. We will have to see whos ROI pays of more in the medium term.

Last edited:
Keep it in a single thread. No need to spam whole forum about nvidia.

right now nVIDIA have a virtual monopoly on AI sector , if they AI craze continue i say they are sustainable .
and apple being there is an insult to sustainable model
So was Tesla and Netflix at one point of time. World/competitor will not keep sleeping on such strategically important industry, so when the competitors rise, the mkt cap will eventually come to its correct value. Currently its being over-valued. And yes, I know Nvidia is an AI leader, but things changes very quickly in these fields.

So was Tesla and Netflix at one point of time. World/competitor will not keep sleeping on such strategically important industry, so when the competitors rise, the mkt cap will eventually come to its correct value. Currently its being over-valued. And yes, I know Nvidia is an AI leader, but things changes very quickly in these fields.
you see tesla and netflix are product provider , nVIDIA is an ecosystem providerf , when an ecosystem establish itself you need a really much better product to break its grasp

Busted...

A Chinese chipmaker, PowerLeader, recently announced its brand new x86 CPUs codenamed PowerStar. The company hosted a big event, inviting press from various parts of the country & turns out, the chip was nothing more than a rebadged Intel 10th Gen CPU.​
...reveals that the PL 1st Gen PSTAR P3-01105 PCU is nothing more than a Core i3-10105 CPU which is derived from the 10th Gen Intel Comet Lake family. The chip also shares the same specifications which offer a 3.7 GHz base clock, 4.4 GHz boost clock, 6 MB of L3 cache, & a TDP of 65W. Even the performance is pretty much the same that one should expect from a 10th Gen Core i3 chip.​
And the "wholly domestic desktop GPUs" such as the Innosilicon Fantasy (Fenghua) 1 which in fact uses a licensed version of Uk based ImgTecs BXT-32-1024 GPU, or the "china's first pcie 5.0 graphics card" -the Moores thread MTT S80 which has also been exposed as using the same PowerVR architecture from ImgTec.

These Chinese hardware companies are just chasing subsidies and tax breaks by taking shortcuts to produce what are uncompetitive products (they aren't trying to make profit or compete), then do their best to obscure the source of their IP to claim 'made in china'. This lack of real innovation has resulted in failure after failure, with the recent closure of Oppo's chip design company Zeku the latest casualty.

Back
Top Bottom