What's new

NRO will be challenged in court: Imran

batmannow

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States
NRO will be challenged in court: Imran

LAHORE: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan has said the National Reconciliation Ordinance (NRO) was against basic human rights and would be challenged in court, a private TV channel reported on Monday. According to the channel, Khan told the media in Islamabad that incidents like May 12 and the Lal Masjid operation would also be challenged in court. He said Chief Justice of Pakistan (CJP) Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry had been reinstated through the people’s power and would stand by the people. He also warned that the nation would not accept any move to curtail the powers of the CJP. The PTI chief said the people had a one-point agenda of restoration of the judiciary, and dispelled the impression that they wanted to destabilise the government.
www.dailytimes.com.pk/monitor/staff report

This will be the actual litmus test for the CJoP and I hope he passes it with flying colours.

i dont think if he ll be hearin this case coz of the tussle he had with zardari and musharraf. anyways he knows the best if he can make sure to not be biased or else should let someone else head the bench. but defiantely now we pakistanis expect a lot from him and he must deliver

Why wouldn't he ofcourse people expect him to take on the NRO it is ridiculous that this wouldn't be his case people are waiting for him to deliver justice.

He really need issues to survive. NRO is beyond his reach and it will disturb the newly achieved balance in politics. Khan saheb need bed rest, having some fun with his family, if he really concerned about people then look inside their pocket and long lines under paid labor class.

How will it disturb the current political issues if he abolishes NRO all he would do is not review the cases in the name of Zardari.

well i dont believe that NRO is out of his reach but im tryin to say is that this long march was kind of chaudhry vs (zardari and musharraf). in such situation there are chances that he might give a biased wording. so it will be better if some other judges looks into this case. i never said NRO case shouldnt be opened. it must be opened

If NRO opens then, it will be never ending story. Right now politicians know their limits. Country need aggressive development program, instead of tit for tat politics. Now when we have judge party, third political dimension...Eventually nothing would happened against NS and Z. Instead people waste more of their time watching hot political shows, rather then doing something constructive. We already has disease of blaming govt in every matter. I think we are tired of listening ..Go Musharraf go, Go Zaradari go, Go Nawaz go..soon will be Go Iftikhar go, if he took any decision , which would be against the will of rival political party.

Aitzaz Ahsan has clearly mentioned that Justice Iftikhar will not hear any cases about NRO, N.S and S.S. Furthermore the lawyers who were supporting CJ like Aitzaz Ahsan, Ali ahamad kurd, Athar MinaAlla will not be allowed to fight cases in the court of CJ.

But reinstated judiciary can not be neutral, even CJ is not even part of decision making. Soon or later NS will be PM in politics again and Zaradari , he already shot in his foot..

if CJ will not be the one hearing the case then all the other judges are jiala judges. wat does this mean??? no action against NRO???

even if the CJ doesn't maybe the bench comprising of Javed Iqbal, Ramday n all could sit on the NRO case.

The Jiaala judges are not Judges according to CoD, and their fate will be decided in the parliament....I have heard that a constitutional package will be prepared with the consent of PPP and PML leadership and judges who have taken oath after 3rd november will be sent back to their homes....lets see what happens.

The Jiaala judges are not Judges according to CoD, and their fate will be decided in the parliament....I have heard that a constitutional package will be prepared with the consent of PPP and PML leadership and judges who have taken oath after 3rd november will be sent back to their homes....lets see what happens.

this will be the ideal case. but if u look there are judges who took oath under PCO and judges who were recently appointed by zardari. PCO judges might end up goin home but those jiala judges wont be going anywhere. however if CoD is implemented, which zardari doesnt seem much interested in, then these jiala judges might have to go through a process and that might might end up sendin them home.
i dont see CoD gettin implemented in comin months and if it does it will be a great thing rather i should say another milestone achieved.

More sound like " once upon a time " story...never ending story

Back
Top Bottom