What's new

NRO no more! SC gives its verdict! All cases revived!

Hi
Now its the time for generals accountability. There are too much holes.
They should show where is going the 82 % of the budget of the nation.
It'll be fair than.
Otherwise, one side bowling.
Regards
82%? The Generals don't have access to 82% of the national budget. They don't even have access to all of the defence budget.

Get your facts straight.The defence budget is no where near 82% and NRO also contains a retired brigader and several retired generals were exposed during the recent publication of loans write off names.So they are not spared by any means.
Patriot, you are correct, but I would agree with the kamcos above, there seems to be far less known about the wrongdoings and corruption of the military command than politicians. In politics, you can always count on opposing parties to reveal your secrets, even if they are "allied" with you now. That's the dirty truth about politics. However, there is no such thing in the military. The Armed Forces have a specific chain of command, and the higher up you are in the chain, the more lee-way you have. The only time you see a high ranking officer in trouble is when he over-steps certain boundaries, for example, when he/she becomes involved with politicians.

However, you can't clean the military system without cleaning the civilian system first. Let's hope for the best, we are witnessing the coming of age of Pakistani society, and perhaps, Pakistani politics as well.

oh no, Malik sahib took Gen. Musharraf's name but he couldn't provide a single document showing a written directive from Gen Musharraf.

and since no order or authority had
been shown to us
under which the then learned Attorney General namely Malik Muhammad Qayyum had been authorized to address communications to various authorities/courts in foreign countries including Switzerland,

I have just heard that Swiss authorities will not start cases until the GoP initiate them first in Pakistan.

Salute to this man!
:smitten:

:pakistan:

Defence Minister stopped at Islamabad airport

ISLAMABAD: Defence Minister Chaudhry Ahmad Mukhtar has been stopped at Islamabad International Airport, sources said.

The Defence Minister was on his way to China with his wife and secretary when he was stopped by airport officials.

Mukhtar has been put on the Exit Control List following the annulment of the National Reconciliation Ordinance (NRO) by the Supreme Court on Wednesday.

The Defence Minister was named among the beneficiaries of the NRO, in which top politicians and bureaucrats were given amnesty from corruption allegations and cases.

Its so strange that the judgement hasn't came in media I've been hearing that the supreme court is about to give judgement from 4:30 Pm.I wonder whats happening why its so late?

They were bargaining :)
Pakistani Judicial system is most corrupted one in the world.
They alswys gave green flag to Dictators for killing democracy in Pakistan.
They are corrupt more than any one, from whole of their body and souls.
There should be accoutibility about them. They are living in big comfort and have beautiful wives and houses and protocols. There children are enjoying life.
So dear, it become late bocz they were bargaining :)
regards,

82%? The Generals don't have access to 82% of the national budget. They don't even have access to all of the defence budget.

Patriot, you are correct, but I would agree with the kamcos above, there seems to be far less known about the wrongdoings and corruption of the military command than politicians. In politics, you can always count on opposing parties to reveal your secrets, even if they are "allied" with you now. That's the dirty truth about politics. However, there is no such thing in the military. The Armed Forces have a specific chain of command, and the higher up you are in the chain, the more lee-way you have. The only time you see a high ranking officer in trouble is when he over-steps certain boundaries, for example, when he/she becomes involved with politicians.

However, you can't clean the military system without cleaning the civilian system first. Let's hope for the best, we are witnessing the coming of age of Pakistani society, and perhaps, Pakistani politics as well.

You thing its 69 ? You are not right.
Politicians are not allowed to play their role , if allowed then according to the instructions. President Zardari is now thaught to be unobidient to instructions. He is not going to channel US aid to army. Because he knows that people of Pakistan are screaming and they can not live under the level of poorness. He is only one who is defending the nation of Pakistan from hungry monsters .:bounce:
regards

Politicians are not allowed to play their role , if allowed then according to the instructions. President Zardari is now thaught to be unobidient to instructions. He is not going to channel US aid to army. Because he knows that people of Pakistan are screaming and they can not live under the level of poorness. He is only one who is defending the nation of Pakistan from hungry monsters

regards
What?! And he is doing this how? He is more cut-off from the general public than Louis XVI of France was before the French Revolution. These have not represented Pakistanis at all.

But, I'm not surprised. I had expected this from his supporters. They will blame the Army, they will blame PML-N, they will blame USA, they will even blame the entire Punjab, but they won't admit that Zardari or the PPP was in the wrong. It's sad and pathetic, but it's not shocking in the least.

Defence Minister stopped at Islamabad airport

The Defence Minister was on his way to China with his wife and secretary when he was stopped by airport officials.
Hmm. The rats have begun to abandon ship. Who will fill the vacuum once these people run? A mid-term election looks very likely indeed.

I don't think you could compare the military command system with the political system at any level. Military is a highly trusted and disciplined organization whereas the political system is run by thugs and opportunitists and has lost much credibility since Zardari came to power.

Political system is exploited by opportunists from the top to the bottom people receive bribes and kickbacks and funds to manage and run political campaigns, businessmen support politicians with the hopes of gaining financial favours in the future, and politicians buy party tickets not to represent people but to make money and exploit them instead. This is the "political culture" of the Sub-Continent. Whereas in the military people join the org with the intention of serving the country with pride and honour and they're disciplined and monitored for decades through strict checks and balances before they move up the ladder on the basis of performance and achievements before becoming generals. therefore you see the results are entirely different, though i am not discounting the fact that some people in the upper military hierarchy do become greedy and its much harder to catch them.

Politicians are not allowed to play their role , if allowed then according to the instructions. President Zardari is now thaught to be unobidient to instructions. He is not going to channel US aid to army. Because he knows that people of Pakistan are screaming and they can not live under the level of poorness. He is only one who is defending the nation of Pakistan from hungry monsters .:bounce:
regards

You are correct to an extent. Poor Zardari has been made a scapegoat in this episode. Everyone knows that PA is the most powerful org. in Pak, yet Zardari is blamed for all policy decisions that went wrong. Ultimately, its the people of Pakistan who have to demand accountability from both the politicians and army.

I don't think you could compare the military command system with the political system at any level. Military is a highly trusted and disciplined organization whereas the political system is run by thugs and opportunitists and has lost much credibility since Zardari came to power.

Political system is exploited by opportunists from the top to the bottom people receive bribes and kickbacks and funds to manage and run political campaigns, businessmen support politicians with the hopes of gaining financial favours in the future, and politicians buy party tickets not to represent people but to make money and exploit them instead. This is the "political culture" of the Sub-Continent. Whereas in the military people join the org with the intention of serving the country with pride and honour and they're disciplined and monitored for decades through strict checks and balances before they move up the ladder on the basis of performance and achievements before becoming generals. therefore you see the results are entirely different, though i am not discounting the fact that some people in the upper military hierarchy do become greedy and its much harder to catch them.

With regard to the specific case of Pakistan, the military/army has also been involved in Politics. Perhaps more than the political class!

---------- Post added at 04:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 AM ----------

A mid-term election looks very likely indeed.

Is there a chance of marshall law from your perspective?

You are correct to an extent. Poor Zardari has been made a scapegoat in this episode. Everyone knows that PA is the most powerful org. in Pak, yet Zardari is blamed for all policy decisions that went wrong. Ultimately, its the people of Pakistan who have to demand accountability from both the politicians and army.
Not great insight into Pakistan's politics or military. I wouldn't expect anything else from an Eastern neighbor except cheap-shots at the Pakistan Army. I'm also glad, to a certain extent, that there is this much paranoia regarding our Army in India. We're clearly winning in the arena of psych warfare, we must be doing something right.

there wont be any midterm elections. and i doubt if zardari is goin anywhere unless someone challenges the immunity and gets it declared unconstitutional or unislamic. this is quite possible.

Agree :agree:, All the politicians are corrupted while you can see 1/40 in Military. A very few military men are corrupted.

Who else are being included on the exit list? All the MNAs and MPAs or the NRO beneficiaries only.

I remember when Aftab Sherpao escaped through Afghanistan during the first accountability scheme and I do hope this will not happen again.

In saaray haraamio ko pansi dilado yaar. We don't need the blood back which they have already sucked out of my poor and innocent Pakistan. Just hang them all in Qaddafi Stadium infront of the public and let Allah treat them with His accountability bureau.

Agree :agree:, All the politicians are corrupted while you can see 1/40 in Military. A very few military men are corrupted.

I dare disagree. Isn't it enough that the military officers, of high ranking, who have powers just like our strong politicians and bureaucracy, do the worst corruption. Generals waving off their loans of millions isn't corruption?

What can be the worst of corruption than this fact that an army official even in his private uniform and in private vehicle do not pay toll. Is it not corruption? It might seem minute but it is corruption.

How came a general can earn so much while in service that his generations have become Industrial Giants (General Akhtar Abdul Rehman). Is it possible for a fair dinkum General or even a bureaucrat can earn this? I don't think so.

KIT Out

Pakistan's defence minister said he has been barred from leaving the country, the first fallout from a supreme court decision to strike down an amnesty protecting President Asif Ali Zardari and senior politicians from corruption charges.

Ahmed Mukhtar told local television late Thursday he had been due to go on an official visit to China but that his name was on an "exit list" restricting travel and that federal investigation authorities said he cannot leave.

He was one of thousands of people affected by Wednesday's court decision annulling as "unconstitutional" a 2007 amnesty that had protected Zardari and ministers from corruption charges.
The ruling has rattled the US-backed civilian government in nuclear-armed Pakistan, with the opposition demanding the resignation of Zardari and his entire cabinet.
"I was going to China on an official three-day visit. The visit was in connection with the delivery of a frigate," Mukhtar told the private Geo television station.
"My staff reached the airport along with other delegation members including the naval chief. I was informed that my name is on the exit list... federal investigation authorities officials have said that I cannot leave the country.

"It was in connection with a corruption case. But there is no corruption case against me -- it is only an enquiry which is pending against me for the past 12 years. I will strongly defend myself in the court."

Mukhtar said the delegation left for China without him late Thursday.
Pakistan's ambassador to the United States, Husain Haqqani, voiced hope that the amnesty ruling would not destabilise the country, which is under US pressure to do more to fight Islamist militants on the border with Afghanistan.

"Everybody in Pakistan, including our top military leadership, has made it clear that the military should focus on defending the country's frontiers and elected government should run the government in accordance with the constitution and courts should adjudicate criminal matters in accordance with the law," he told CNN.

"I hope everybody will play their constitutional role and (the) country will not go down the road of coups that has been disastrous for our country in the past."
The amnesty -- called the National Reconciliation Ordinance (NRO) -- was passed in October 2007 by then-president Pervez Musharraf, who was under pressure to hold elections and end about eight years of military rule.

It quashed charges against a number of politicians including Zardari and his wife and ex-prime minister Benazir Bhutto -- who was assassinated two months later -- to allow them to stand for office.
Zardari's Pakistan People's Party (PPP) went on to win elections in 2008, restoring civilian rule, but his relations with the powerful military are strained.

Zardari is immune from prosecution while in office, but his eligibility for the role of president could be challenged soon, analysts say, as graft cases were pending against him when the NRO was adopted
Other NRO beneficiaries included the interior minister and senior government advisers, and the National Accountability Bureau told AFP on Thursday that it had asked the interior ministry to put 248 names on the exit list.

AFP: Pakistan defence minister 'barred from leaving country'

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom