What's new

Now Hyderabad faces exodus of Assamese and Bodos

rubyjackass

Reaction score
Country
India
Hyderabad also sees exodus of people from North-East

At least 1,000 Assamese and Bodos residing in the Madhapur and Rayadurg areas of Hyderabad are understood to have left for their native places in Assam in the last three days, following rumours that some of them had received threats from miscreants representing a particular religion.
According to the Hyderabad Assamese Association leader Sarbeshwar, around 10,000 Assamese are living in Hyderabad. Most of them are living in Siddique Nagar near Madhapur and Anjaiah Nagar in Raidurg, under Cyberabad police commissionerate limits.

While majority of them are eking out livelihood as security guards with various security agencies and working at software companies, malls and restraurants in the Madhapur area, others are working as software professionals and doing jobs in various other private companies.

Unconfirmed reports said one security guard from Assam belonging to Anjaiah Nagar was allegedly beaten up by unidentified persons while he was traveling in a train a few days ago. "There were rumours that some persons representing religious organizations were making enquiries about Assamese living in Hyderabad. This has naturally worried the Assamese," Sarbeshwar said.

The Cyberabad police on Thursday dispelled the rumours that hundreds of Assamese living in Hyderabad were being threatened by miscreants and forced to leave the city, in the wake of recent violence in Assam.

Cyberabad police commissioner Dwaraka Tirumala Rao held a meeting with Assamese people at Madhapur on Thursda and appealed to them not to believe in rumours that they would be attacked if they did not leave the city. "None of the Assamese was assaulted or threatened by any one. However, in view of the prevailing situation in Assam, a lot of Assamese are going to their native places to visit their families out of their own anxiety," the Commissioner said.

Assam Youth Welfare Association chairman Subhash Datta, who came from Guwahati, said there was no need for the resident Assamese of Hyderabad to get panic. "The police assured us full protection. So, there is nothing to worry," he told the media.

The Commissioner said police pickets were in Anjaiah Nagar and Siddique Nagar and the police had intensified patrolling in Raidurg and Madapur areas. "We have opened helpline with phone numbers: 9490617100/9490617370, to help Assamese people returning to Hyderabad," he said.

Now Hyderabad joins the list.

This is a well researched article on the situation. Asaduddin Owaisi(MP Hyderabad) toured the violence affected parts of Assam twice in the last two weeks. In his second trip, his group went in with an aid of 20 lakhs(in much needed medical help) and doctors. But in the pictures of his tour, I see only Muslim camps in the background so far.
An Assamese caught between Hindu and Muslim groups | Firstpost

Quote from the news article:
“I was stopped by two persons on a bike who told me, Ramzan ke baad yahan rahoge, to maroge.” (If you stay here after Eid, you will be killed),” Baruah said.

As I talk with Baruah, a group of VHP activists walk in and make him wear a saffron scarf.

A locked house where an Assamese migrant used to live in the city. Image courtesy TS Sudhir.

“Yeh aapki suraksha ke liye hai (this is for your protection)” they said and assured nothing would happen to him or his family in Hyderabad. In fact, the activists are preparing an exhaustive list of people from Assam in the locality.

“They are our people. We need to take care of them,” one of the activists told me. Just yesterday, Hyderabad MP Asaduddin Owaisi and leaders from the MIM had visited the locality to make the same promise.

I am afraid to say now onward, one more attack on north-eastern will take a very bad turn.. Let's see if the forces preserving law of the land are capable of keeping things under control.. I wish they are!!

what is Hyd and Bang have to do in all this?

it looks like a vote bank?

The Hindu - After Bangalore, Chennai too sees exodus

South India — which has never seen non-locals fleeing the region for fear of their lives — continued to witness the unprecedented exodus of citizens from the Northeast on Thursday, with thousands from Chennai too rushing to the railway station to take the train home.

In Bangalore, where it all began, their flight continued unabated with 7,500 more people boarding four Guwahati-bound trains — three special trains apart from the regular Bangalore-Guwahati Express.

On Thursday evening, nearly 3,000 workers and students, mostly from Assam, were seen waiting at Chennai Central, eager to board the two Guwahati-bound trains that were scheduled for departure at 2 a.m. and 4 a.m. on Friday.

Damn i do not know how this is possible in Hyderabad, though we have tension in the old city sometimes, the rest of the city cannot be more peaceful.. this journalist is definitely a troll!

I have an idea.....PRINT T SHIRTS WITH "I AM ASSAMESE"........"I AM BODO"........"I AM INDIAN"...........The idea is for everyone regardless of religion or where they are or from should wear this Tshirt as support and solidarty for our brother and sisters from NEFA........it will speak volumes and play in ppl's psyche.......Time to take this low point and spin it into positive for all of us. Small investment....if we all do it....in different areas its even better .....spread the message

I have an idea.....PRINT T SHIRTS WITH "I AM ASSAMESE"........"I AM BODO"........"I AM INDIAN"...........The idea is for everyone regardless of religion or where they are or from should wear this Tshirt as support and solidarty for our brother and sisters from NEFA........it will speak volumes and play in ppl's psyche.......Time to take this low point and spin it into positive for all of us. Small investment....if we all do it....in different areas its even better .....spread the message

That is a very good one. :tup:

That is a very good one. :tup:

Sashan..lets make it work man.....spread the word...call some family members in India whatever wherever bro.........even if its 10 shirts....if the media gets on it....it can....no it will have the necessary effect we want man....at least we should all try....hell...just take a regular shirt and scribble with a marker as long as it is VISIBLE....it will carry th same effect...

1.GOB, GOP and other Muslim states must take the issue of Ethnic Cleansing of Muslims in India to the UN as a first measure before taking harder steps.

2. It is enjoined on all Muslims everywhere to come to the assistance of the people who are resisting atrocities and assault on their faith and belief. This assistance may be in any form, mode or manner.

This is all cheap hindutva theatrics cheered on by their goons in this forum of carrying out ethnic cleansing against Muslims.

It's all garbage, the so called NE Indians are of course Indians but Muslims are illigal Bangladeshis. Infact all Indian Muslims from henceforth to be known as Illigal Bangladeshis. How strange that Muslims in India is not comforted by the propaganda that violence in the NE is against illigal Bangladeshis only. How completely unacceptable that Indian Muslims are simply not lying down and dying of their own accord.

VHP mantra- kill all muslims .... Sorry what i mean is protect all Hindus from the terrible illigal bangladeshies and this is nothing to do with Modis move into national politics.

Shining India indeed....shining on the blood of Muslims... Sorry I mean illigal bangladeshis.

I say talk to bangladesh govt to hand over the illegal bangladeshis back.. ooh I heard the Bangladeshi govt now doesnt want back its citizens..!!

its simple,,,,,,talk to bongladesh...see if they want em back...if not, let them apply to other countries for asylum.....kuch nahin hua, toh we can a] kill em all, b ] push them off sea on a raft....i frankly couldnt care less....... bara gulo amar deshe chaina.

I am not versed in what is going on.

Can someone give me a brief summary of what is going on?

Back
Top Bottom