What's new

Norway F-35 Deliveries To Begin in 2017

selvan33

Reaction score
Country
India
Norway F-35 Deliveries To Begin in 2017

LONDON — Norway is set to take delivery of six Joint Strike Fighters in 2017 and repeat the exercise every year until 2024, by which time it will have acquired its full fleet of 52 aircraft, the government announced in Oslo on April 26.

The government submitted a formal request to the Norwegian Parliament today for approval to purchase six F-35s for delivery in 2017 and also laid out its plans for the country’s biggest ever defense acquisition.

Further purchases remain subject to annual approval by Parliament.

The plan accelerates the initial intended purchase date by one year but stretches the total delivery schedule out to 2024.

The cost of the parliamentary submission totals NOK 12.9 billion (US $2.18 billion) but this also covers training, simulators and other items. The government included a further request for NOK 3 billion for what it terms an “uncertainty allowance.”

A spokesman for the F-35 program office in Oslo said the uncertainty allowance did not relate to questions over the final price of the F-35 but was a financial requirement for all programs put before Parliament for approval.

The total acquisition cost of the 52 aircraft is estimated at NOK 62.6 billion and includes four F-35s that have already been purchased for delivery in 2015 and 2016 for training purposes.

Announcing the move, Norwegian Defense Minister Anne-Grete Strom-Erichsen said that the government had “concluded convincingly that the F-35 is the only aircraft that fulfills our future operational requirements. This continues to be true today and we have no time to lose. Our F-16s remain among the most capable aircraft of their kind, but they are also among the world’s oldest.”

Norway recently received assurances from the JSF Joint Executive Steering Board regarding the integration of the Kongsberg-developed Joint Strike Missile in the Block 4 version of the fighter.

“This is important to us mainly from an operational point of view as we need JSM to fulfill our operational requirements. It is also important from an industrial perspective as we believe the sales potential for the missile is significant with several F-35 users,” said Strom-Erichsen.
Norway F-35 Deliveries To Begin in 2017 | Defense News | defensenews.com

Why does Norway even need Armed Forces ? Does Norway even have an enemy ?

Which country is first to get these jets after the USA?

the UK, schedule for 2014.

Then Netherland, Italy and Australia, also scheduled at 2014.

All before Israel? Wow. Im surprised. But I think the UK and Israel get the 22 batch order.

All before Israel? Wow. Im surprised. But I think the UK and Israel get the 22 batch order.

Yeah, as far as I understand, Israel does not engage in lot 2 procurer, or simply dropped out, what worse is, according to this news article, Israeli F-35 procurement may delay until 2018......

Meanwhile there are delays in the production of the new Air Force fighter the F-35, and these will affect its effective entry into the IAF. The delay may be as long as three years, with the first aircraft arriving only in 2018.

Israel to invest $1 billion in Iron Dome missile defense system - Israel News | Haaretz Daily Newspaper

........So, only lot 2 now only the UK and Netherland remaining...

Norge should buy svensk instead...

What do you mean by that??

He means Saab Jas 39 GRIPEN by that,or NG.

Gripen is quite crap, I've been on that once..........

There are no way a Gripen out perform the Lighting II.

Plus, never trust the Swede.........LOL

Gripen is quite crap, I've been on that once..........

There are no way a Gripen out perform the Lighting II.

Plus, never trust the Swede.........LOL
The Gripen NG(better then Typhoon) is not that bad,its not 5th gen but stil good enough.
Why you underastimate your countries potential
I trust the Swede more then the German or French,maybe the only one you can trust in Europe.

The Gripen NG(better then Typhoon) is not that bad,its not 5th gen but stil good enough.
Why you underastimate your countries potential
I trust the Swede more then the German or French,maybe the only one you can trust in Europe.

Well.......

Gripen NG is actually still in development, and chance that they are selling them overseas (Although Norway is not exactly overseas) are quite low.

Even the Swede may not be able to afford it........

Plus I wonder will they actually better than Tranche 2 ( I think india reject the Gripen NG because of said result).

and you probably read a lot about us......But actually Swedish is not exactly the most trust worthy person in the world....lol

GetAsset.aspx

Well.......

Gripen NG is actually still in development, and chance that they are selling them overseas (Although Norway is not exactly overseas) are quite low.

Even the Swede may not be able to afford it........

Plus I wonder will they actually better than Tranche 2 ( I think india reject the Gripen NG because of said result).

and you probably read a lot about us......But actually Swedish is not exactly the most trust worthy person in the world....lol
I have good experiences with swedes,India has allready many french fighterplanes thats why they sticked to the Rafael.
No need for them to adapt to new systems,alltough the french fighterjets are very expensive.
Its not even clear that they will go for the french fightersplanes,they keep stalling the agreements.
Dont know if its final yet.

Back
Top Bottom